Cobalt Blue

Legendary Member
Media

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to agree with this article in some ways. There are men out there whose dicks seem to shrivel "like spiders n a hot oven plate" ( (c) for that by Mme Z) as soon as I rip a joke, be it on a date or not. And even though I didn't know for sure about the different uses of "male" and "female" humor so far, I had already concluded that a woman who has an acerbic wit herself or can counter a man's joking is perceived to be a possible rival. What this article doesn't mention, however, is the large number of men who appreciate a woman with a sense for the rougher shades of humor. To go with one I met, they feel more free to speak and less inhibited, since the risk of putting their foot in is lower.

However, this becomes a problem when the humor roles are reversed, meaning that in a relationship the woman has a more deft sense of humor than her partner. I guess that is the basic issue the article refers to, it's that kind of relationship where the partners have different kinds of humor, and in these situations just some agreement will help. As it often is that a man has to take care with his humor not to scold his wife/partner, this is the task of the woman now.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Playful people are very pleasant to have around at least the ones that do not cross the lines and become irritating...:biggrin1: than smart people knows how to play their public and sensitive enough to read peoples reactions.

Joan Rivers...I dont like her humour or ways..:rolleyes:

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find it very attractive when a woman can use her wit to be humorous, but not attractive when it seems mean spirited, sometimes it's a fine line

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ClaireTalon said:
I have to agree with this article in some ways. There are men out there whose dicks seem to shrivel "like spiders n a hot oven plate" ( (c) for that by Mme Z) as soon as I rip a joke, be it on a date or not. And even though I didn't know for sure about the different uses of "male" and "female" humor so far, I had already concluded that a woman who has an acerbic wit herself or can counter a man's joking is perceived to be a possible rival. What this article doesn't mention, however, is the large number of men who appreciate a woman with a sense for the rougher shades of humor. To go with one I met, they feel more free to speak and less inhibited, since the risk of putting their foot in is lower.

I experienced this firsthand when I was freelancing for a structural engineer. He was "old school" as were many of his colleagues. The difference is that he was gracious and took great pains to include me in conversation, bantering, and so forth when we were in meetings or at dinner with his colleagues. His colleagues, on the other hand, were not appreciative of my humour and went out of their way to tell each other stupid sexist jokes (how many times must one hear: "why does a woman have two holes? So you can carry her around like a six-pack":rolleyes: ) Granted, that field is primarily composed of men but I expected "old school" manners and chivalry. What I experienced was exactly the opposite since I apparently invaded their territory.

I've found the dating scene to be considerably more kind. The few i've gone on dates with who were not appreciative of my brand of humour were not gents I went on second dates with anyway.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
mercurialbliss said:
I experienced this firsthand when I was freelancing for a structural engineer. He was "old school" as were many of his colleagues. The difference is that he was gracious and took great pains to include me in conversation, bantering, and so forth when we were in meetings or at dinner with his colleagues. His colleagues, on the other hand, were not appreciative of my humour and went out of their way to tell each other stupid sexist jokes (how many times must one hear: "why does a woman have two holes? So you can carry her around like a six-pack":rolleyes: ) Granted, that field is primarily composed of men but I expected "old school" manners and chivalry. What I experienced was exactly the opposite since I apparently invaded their territory.

I've found the dating scene to be considerably more kind. The few i've gone on dates with who were not appreciative of my brand of humour were not gents I went on second dates with anyway.

My return volley:
- Why are men still needed by women?
~ Because vibrators can't mow your lawn.
Old school manners are somethign I appreciate a lot, but I stopped expecting them in my dealings with men. Yet I think men with the balls to tell jokes like the above in the presence of a woman should also be prepared to having their humor countered in just the same way.

Bawdy women to the front!