hunches on avatar

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
Hi

I don't know precisely where to post my question and whom to address it to. I suspect that there have been more than one thread about this issue, so I may be harping on the same string over and over again. Anyway here it goes...

I primarily chose my avatar because I have recently started go to a gym, and so bodybuilding is one of my growing interests these days. I don't think I will be able to go as far as my avatar, but I will leave untouched whether he uses steroids or not. Stereoids are not for me. Yet, this man is a "role model" for me, and I honestly would like to look like him in his full masculinity. I am trying, I am really trying hard, lol.

But there is a hidden agenda here. I also feel erotically aroused by his figure. I not only want to be like him, but also would like to be close to him, if you see what I mean. Let's not be innocent here: even the straight can hardly feel unmoved by this man's powerful presence.

My obvious question is: when you choose a human avatar, such a muscled man, a stud, or a bodybuilder, are you also recognizing or admitting (I don't mean to discriminate, but this question is basically directed to the "straight") in a non-verbal way your same-sex attraction? Or in other words, does wanting to be like someone imply that you are sexually attracted to them? By the way, attractions are attractions. It doesn't mean that you are going to act upon them.

You can have a larger view of this man here: http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/Shirtlessmale/

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've never used someone else as an avatar. But I would agree with the idea that I am attracted to the people I would like to be like. When it comes to the physical, the men I am most attracted to are those with body types similar to my own.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Such questions. I believe Kinsey came up with a spectrum of possibilities based on thousands of self-reports and questionnaires he circulated in the 1940s. You'll find your own answers sooner or later.

Mostly found my own terms myself. I'm more interested in the movie Avatar and the 10' tall Nav'i right now. :smile:

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My obvious question is: when you choose a human avatar, such a muscled man, a stud, or a bodybuilder, are you also recognizing or admitting (I don't mean to discriminate, but this question is basically directed to the "straight") in a non-verbal way your same-sex attraction? Or in other words, does wanting to be like someone imply that you are sexually attracted to them? By the way, attractions are attractions. It doesn't mean that you are going to act upon them.

Oh the str8 guys are going to get you for this! LOL. Yes this has come up before. Several of them will say if you have ANY attraction for another man you aren't str8 to begin with. Apparently the prisons are full of nothing but gay men. :rolleyes:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Most people become less concerned about attraction the older they get. We just want to look at who we want to look at and love who we want to love. But a few become more neurotic and twisted because sooner or later all are confronted with perceptions and feelings that don't fit our carefully cultivated mental constructs. We make the constructs ourselves, but some people don't know they can be updated with new information/perceptions.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
FWIW, I get a totally gay feeling from the pic you linked, and my 'roid-dar buzzed full blast.

As to how you feel when you look at him: finding yourself sexually aroused by him wouldn't necessarily mean that you're vying for second-place at the Gay Pride ball, but it does mean that maybe you should reconsider the 100% thing.

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
FWIW, I get a totally gay feeling from the pic you linked, and my 'roid-dar buzzed full blast.

As to how you feel when you look at him: finding yourself sexually aroused by him wouldn't necessarily mean that you're vying for second-place at the Gay Pride ball, but it does mean that maybe you should reconsider the 100% thing.

Hmm, I think you are right: this man is on gear, if that's what you mean. This doesn't look very healthy. I might consider finding a more appropriate avatar, lol. He really impresses me, but maybe he is just bloated.

Are you allowed to change your avatar? Would anyone want to have him as an avatar? I just don't want to discard him like that, lol.

By the way, I don't consider myself to be 100%. See my profile: unsure. Labels are labels are labels....

Last edited: