Hung Jury Search - Need Help

jimmyjoejeater

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by jonb+Apr 25 2005, 12:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Apr 25 2005, 12:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Apr 24 2005, 05:22 PM
Spam, glorious spam&#33;
[post=304366]Quoted post[/post]​
Great boobies, honeybun, my lower intestine is full of spam, egg, spam, bacon, spam, tomato, spam . . .
[post=304439]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Could I have something without spam in it? Monty Python was sooooo cool&#33;

petermartin1974: Sorry about the multi postings. A big inexperienced with the whole bulletin board format.
So everyone&#39;s in agreeance that The Hung Jury has gone under? From the lack of internet evidence, I assume it was a pre-Net phenomenon and didn&#39;t even making it to havig a web page.
I found a Yahoo group calling itself the SF branch of the Hung Jury. Anyone know anything about that?

Pete.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, it&#39;s okay, but in the future, one posting is plenty. From the lack of any credible response, I&#39;d have to say it&#39;s long gone, sorry not to be of any help.

petermartin1974: No problems. I was glad for the help.

Having just spoken with my editors in Sydney, they would like me to get in touch with the creator/moderator of this site. That&#39;s right - LPSG.org will be discussed in an Aussie magazine&#39;s feature article on penis size.

Prepare to be mindblowingly famous&#33; Heehee - hang on to your codpieces&#33;

I emailed mistermike (?) 2 days ago but he hasn&#39;t replied. He&#39;s still the right person to talk to?

Pete.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It&#39;s Mistermark, and you&#39;d probably do better to post an entry in the administration section at the bottom of the main page. Good luck&#33;

hung_big: I hope that Mark decides to put a poll up or something, because I personally do not think that having LPSG in a magazine is a good idea.

We have enough trolls, spammers and lurkers as it is and if we get even more public recognition it will just increase it. Of course, if it&#39;s just popularity at question, go for it, but I&#39;d rather see more quality posters come to this site, rather than testosterone pumped men. Not to say that they all are, but I&#39;m guessing the majority would be.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by petermartin1974@Apr 25 2005, 07:13 PM
No problems. I was glad for the help.

Having just spoken with my editors in Sydney, they would like me to get in touch with the creator/moderator of this site. That&#39;s right - LPSG.org will be discussed in an Aussie magazine&#39;s feature article on penis size.

Prepare to be mindblowingly famous&#33; Heehee - hang on to your codpieces&#33;

I emailed mistermike (?) 2 days ago but he hasn&#39;t replied. He&#39;s still the right person to talk to?

Pete.
[post=304827]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, Pete, I did reply to you within a couple hours of receiving your email. I&#39;m glad you&#39;re interested in us. :) My response to you wasn&#39;t that interesting, however. I only suggested that you post something here (which you had already done), and I said that I had no information about the Hung Jury.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by hung_big@Apr 25 2005, 10:34 PM
I hope that Mark decides to put a poll up or something, because I personally do not think that having LPSG in a magazine is a good idea.

We have enough trolls, spammers and lurkers as it is and if we get even more public recognition it will just increase it. Of course, if it&#39;s just popularity at question, go for it, but I&#39;d rather see more quality posters come to this site, rather than testosterone pumped men. Not to say that they all are, but I&#39;m guessing the majority would be.
[post=304904]Quoted post[/post]​

Now, now, Chris. It it weren&#39;t for free publicity, this site would be dead. I&#39;m always thrilled when people are interested in the site. I think we can handle whatever traffic come our way, and if a few of them are "trolls", well, you&#39;ve seen how long they usually last around here. (Not long at all&#33;)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, we have a pretty effective troll stomping committee. I think free press is way cool, maybe some people who really want to participate will come along.

willie

Just Browsing
Media
For those who are wondering The Hung Jury did exist, along with dozens of other shadowy groups with silly names, in the very early days of the Internet (and various other networks).

However all their organisers got bored, when you started to be able to use the net, without understanding Unix command lines and they decided that instead of being l33t, they would start .com&#39;s and make pots of money.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by willie@Apr 25 2005, 11:44 PM
However all their organisers got bored, when you started to be able to use the net, without understanding Unix command lines and they decided that instead of being l33t, they would start .com&#39;s and make pots of money.
[post=304935]Quoted post[/post]​
And then lose it in the next five minutes.

petermartin1974: Now, now, Chris. It it weren&#39;t for free publicity, this site would be dead. I&#39;m always thrilled when people are interested in the site.
[post=304928]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
Thanks Mark. While I am occasionally at the mercy of my editors&#39; red pens, I fully intend to write sympathetically. After all (he said with a smile) I am one of the hung. :D

Pete.

hung_big: FINE THEN&#33;

Look on the positive side&#33;&#33;&#33; :p

Alright mark, perhaps you are right; maybe some free press would do us some good.

Good luck to the magazine dude and to this site&#33; *Sprays Holy water on to site* May the "lord" pretect us from trolls :p

petermartin1974: Superb definition of a troll right here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
Hadn&#39;t really heard the term until now. Never did use boards in a big way.

I&#39;ve moved the magazine thread to a new topic, so do be kind and follow me over there. If you want to say anything you don&#39;t want quoted, please be very clear about that. :)

Pete.

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by willie@Apr 26 2005, 07:44 AM
For those who are wondering The Hung Jury did exist, along with dozens of other shadowy groups with silly names, in the very early days of the Internet (and various other networks).

[post=304935]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, the Hung Jury existed before the Internet, I think at least since the 80&#39;s, if not the 70&#39;s. From what I gather, it was mainly a paper newsletter/"swingers" club that was supposed to help hung men and the women who sought them hook up. But I really know very little about the group. I first (and, really, last) heard of it in the early 90&#39;s when Penthouse magazine ran an article about it. In the article, the group&#39;s leader offered to send a free copy of the newsletter which, out of curiosity, I sent away for. It was a cheapish, xeroxed publication consisting mostly of personal ads plus some other large-penis related discussion. It also had a membership form, which stated that men must be at least 8", but they accepted measuring from the bottom. I had no interest in joining, but it was interesting to see such a publication and learn that such a group existed. Before the Internet (and, of course, LPSG&#33;) there weren&#39;t really any other forums for discussing the topic.

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
I remember the Hung Jury in the early &#39;80s up in the Bay Area. I was never a member, but there was something about Oakland; whether it was the mailing address or a meeting place I can&#39;t remember. I do remember the 8"+ requirement, and you had to present yourself for measurement.

On another front, I used ARPANET back in the late &#39;70s. There were bulletin boards, but I don&#39;t remember one dedicated to cock size.

Take care,

Ceg