Hung statues/sculptures

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Harry_Crax, Oct 22, 2009.

1. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

The photo is from Jamaica. Anyone else know of any other public statues/sculptures of nude men with big cocks and/or big balls, and the artwork's main "point" is not simply to show off a big cock?

Related: When I was at Broadcasting House in London, the tourguide said that the sculpture over the main entrance (of Prospero, Ariel's master, sending him out into the world) had to be "amended" because Ariel's boycock was so large that it was causing embarrassment and public comment. (It's certainly not large now.)

Attached Files:

2. Cougar

Cougar New Member

Albums:
    That is a beautiful statue. I will enjoy following this thread and see what other people post up!

3. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Anyone who's been to Jamaica certainly has seen the phallic carvings that are available there. Such art exists in other parts of the world also including tribal African carvings like this one here:

...hmmm....looks strangly familiar.

Attached Files:

#3 b.c., Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  4. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    I like the statues too.

5. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
  6. D_Harry_Crax

Thanks, but I said, "artwork's main "point" is not simply to show off a big cock?" Note the word "not"

7. D_Portelay Porquesword

Good lord, that second one can catch a fish without a hook! :eek:

8. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    So your question is, does anyone know of "big cock" artwork where the "main point" is not to show off a big cock? No, I don't.

The "point" of artwork is to its purpose, and if its "purpose", its "art", is in the rendering, then who's to say whether the rendering of a big cock is deliberate or not, and if so whether that makes it any less artful?

Maybe what you're seeking is "incidental" displays of "big cock" in art, or at least "big" relative to so-called "traditional" artwork. "Traditional" is a relative word...traditional to what? "Big" as you no doubt are aware, is also very relative.

Such is the crux of the entire debate over the particular piece of artwork you showed in your o.p. Some see overly endowed features which they find "disturbing". Others see much ado about nothing.

9. D_Harry_Crax

If I had wanted a lecture on philosophy or theory of art, I would have read a book or taken a course. How about just putting up some pix. You knew what I meant, even if I didn't write it the same way you would have. :rolleyes:

10. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well actually I did miss the original thrust of your o.p., which I now gather is casual or incidental images of larger than average genitalia where the subject matter of the work is something entirely non sexual - which is a little different from what you originally said, because there is art where the point is indeed "to show a big penis" but is still not intended as erotica. (Fertility symbolism, for example).

There are links for art which may be what you're looking for.

#10 b.c., Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted