Hung well, Bad spell

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
novice_btm said:
But then we look at Irish's photo gallery, and we stop caring about spehllling and grammur. :tongue:
Haha, thanks. By the way... someone reposted me on 4chan.org's /b/ and someone else recognized me as being from here. Off topic I know, but I was highly amused.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Sam Beckett said:
Any typos and grammatical errors in my posts I put down to having scripts disabled on the browser. For some reason, when I have them disabled, there are no spaces after full stops or commas, no paragraphs etc. I do try to go back and correct it though :p
Any typos and grammatical errors in my posts I put down to who gives a fuck.

Love ya, HB8.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ushah said:
My neck starts to twitch when people mix up your with you're and say supposably instead of supposedly.
Your absolutely write.

<offtopic>Has anyone else noticed a lot of Baby Stewey avatars lately?</offtopic>

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
vivi said:
Anyone else notice how thread headers in this forum often have typos or misspellings? Are hung men bad spellers? :tongue:
I won my school spelling bee three years in a row. I won the district spelling bee once. Yes, it's true, I am the shit.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
novice_btm said:
Well, when Noah Webster came along, there were accepted, by wildly varied spellings in English, both in England, and elsewhere. He was a particular sort, and decided to codify American English. So, he went through and "cleaned up" our spelling. Of the many things that he changed was to remove foreign influences, French, in this case, from our words. Thus, Americans have color, not colour, and centers, not centres. These also run closer to their pronunciations in English, even in British English.

As the joke goes:
Americans: Spell words differently, but still call it "English."
Brits: Pronounce their words differently, but still call it "English."
Canadians: Spell like the Brits, pronounce like Americans.

Personally, I spell in a mixture of both. My dad is Canadian, so certain words have that influence in my little lexicon. At work, I get corrected all the time when I refer our catalogue, but get sent to our catalog, instead. I sometimes use colour, and often use neighbour.
I think that many posters type quickly and hit submit (enter, send) without checking their text for errors. I'm too anal about content, interpretation, spelling, and grammar to send a post without checking for errors. That's just me.........

BTW, colooor, flavooor, behaviooor, neighbooor, always crack me up because my partner's Canadian. That's how I prounounce those words to tease him.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Webster said:

BTW, colooor, flavooor, behaviooor, neighbooor, always crack me up because my partner's Canadian. That's how I prounounce those words to tease him.

Web...tsk, tsk...making fun of your
oh so friendly neighbours to the north!

Fifty lashes with a wet ...maple leaf! :wink:

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
mindseye said:
Heh. Not exactly the same.

"20.32 cm" is reported with four significant figures so the implied maximum error in measurement is much smaller. I would regard anyone on here who reported their length to the nearest tenth of a millimeter as a little too obsessed with their penis.

What you mean to say is that only 8.000 equals 20.32; does that mean that 10+ is 26 cm would be OK?

Ian

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Chuck64 said:
The British have an obsession with useless vowels.

Only the British? What about silent Es? And those extra consonants?

for example:
bottle jungle
changed to:
botl jungl

Then we have those LPSG topical words, such as:
wee wee, pee pee, prick, dick, cock and schlong
couldn't those be written:
we we, pe pe, prik, dik, cok and shlong

I'd leave hummmm dingger just as it is.

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Matthew said:
English is a sucky language.

Incase you haven't heard, that being fixed...

----------------

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English". Here is what German people and others feel needs to be done to “Euroize” English.

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.
Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the fourth yer, people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.
Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze fors t plas. If zis mad you smil, pleas pas on to oza pepl.

And ho sad that germans had no sens of humr ?