Hunting!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_JohnUpHerPipe, Jan 22, 2011.

1. D_JohnUpHerPipe

D_JohnUpHerPipe New Member

So hunting, is it right or wrong. Personally I hate it, I cannot see how any human can justify taking a life for their own sport, to me it is disgusting. What are your thoughts?

2. hotman911

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I do hunt & enjoy eating the kill. One question do you eat meat (and this is not ment to be tube steak :p)or fish ( and not trouser trout)?

3. D_Harry_Scholnga

D_Harry_Scholnga New Member

Hunting is very necessary in order to keep the population of herds under control. Without thinning out a herd there would eventually not be enough space and food sources for the animals. Additionally, hunters also look for animals that have bad genetic defects and remove those from the breeding pool in order to keep those traits from continuing to be present. Lastly, in Mississippi at least, many hunters donate the meat from their kills to places that provide food for the poor.

On a human level hunting is an excellent way for young boys (and girls) to learn discipline, and frankly to learn about how interact with other men. It offers a great opportunity for teaching of a variety of lessons by fathers.

4. D_JohnUpHerPipe

lol ! I used to eat meat and I admit I loved the taste, especially lamb. But recently I have been watching more and more nature programs and seeing animals in their natural environment I just don't see how people could hunt them and I have in fact slowly stopped eating it.

5. D_JohnUpHerPipe

To smallhungbrad. When you say humans need to thin the herd out, we do not. Nature will do that itself, those animals who cannot find food will die and sustain many other animals. As for bonding with men, can we not think of other ways fathers can bond with their sons other than killing? I don't know if it is entirely the hunting part and us killing that bothers me, I suppose the question should be more along the lines of, do we have any right to mess with nature?

6. midlifebear

Gold Member

The last time I went deer hunting with "men", the male bonding began when they all got drunk and shot a beaver. And, no, they didn't eat the beaver. It just floated away to rot. But it was a big time for the bonding of the drunken adult males in attendance. I left the next day.

Draft saved Draft deleted