Husbands create 7 hours of extra housework a week

happyfeet

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If we are going to round up all the craptastic males then we should round up all the craptastic females and have a good old shooting gallery. lol but thats only if you wanna be far about it.

ps. I love equality
Oh, definitely! I have no problem with fairness in that arena. :wink:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You've raised some interesting points in your posts, but you discredit yourself with statements like "the myth of the oppressor male." You obviously come from a functionalist perspective, but it's a perspective, not a fact.

Show me the FACT of male oppression.
The ERA?.. defeated by WOMEN , not men. Had all women voted for it, it would have passed.
Functionalism is what actually happened, without the spin.

Feminists said every man was a potential rapist. The functional fact? Men DIE routinely trying to save women and children that are not even their own. You are far more likely to be rescued by a man than raped by one, from the police to the guy helping you change your tire in the rain...

By every rational standard.. every man is far more potentially a rescuer than a rapist. Invoking the latter in isolation from the former is political...it reflects an agenda, its dishonest.... and intending to instill a belief not reflective of reality...
that is mythology.

Well, you're right that it's not equal and it probably can't be. That's probably true. In an effort to find balance, we will sometimes lean more to one side than the other. It is part of being human.
I would say to hell with balance... find what works... Men die younger and women have more leisure... its not fair and its not balanced... but its what works best.

And, I agree that it's all decided by women. That's why I'm no pacifist. Certain men need to be shot in the head. We've let y'all fuck over the planet long enough.
That women will run the world better? another myth.

Women in charge would be fighting for the exact same advantage, even more fiercely, than men. Women in charge of nations would behave no differently than women involved in divorce actions.
Ask any divorce lawyer how vicious women can be when money os on the line.

Look at how women treat each other in social settings, the backstabbing, the infighting, the exclusion and condemnation... you gals TALK a good game... but when backs are turned, the claws come out.

A world run by women, alone, would be just as brutal.

The problem is that lots of us confuse sex with love, so we think that it's socially significant when we want to fuck you. Lots of us also want power and have bought into the oppressive belief system that touts males as powerful and females as weak.

Nearly all of you want power... nearly all of you HAVE power.
And nearly all of you want ALL of the power.

That is why being a guy in this country kinda sucks.

You round up the craptastic males of the world and we'll give you a special place in the temple when we take back the Earth. :smile:

If I can enjoy the life of leisure that American women have the option of pursuing... you can have the Earth.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Phil, the fact that you seem so utterly serious about this gives me a chuckle.

Thanks for sharing the planet with us. Your presence is much appreciated. :)

really... I come off as serious?

Huh...

To me a good debate is like wrestling in jello...

While my points may be serious... I actually seldom am.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
For those who never thought investing in hiring a housekeeper on a permanent basis for at least one day a week -- and I don't care how strapped you are for nickles -- you are fools. I even had a once-a-week housekeeper come in on Saturdays when I was a hippie in college. You have no idea the freedom from "house keeping" issues this resolves. Last night, before going to bed the Squeeze was reaming out his ears with a cotton swab. When he missed tossing it successfully into the waste basket I suggested he not bother getting out of bed because our mucama would be here bright and early in the morning and she gets paid to clean up after us. I have never heard a woman or man complain about me missing the toilet when I pee since I left the hallowed home my mother fanatically kept clean.

And if you want advice on how not to argue over money when in a relationshiop just PM me. It's not that difficult to eliminate from a relationship.

So, if you really want to be a bleeding heart and wear those 7 hours on your sleeves, ladies, you dserve every urine-stained spec and pile of hidden dirty underwear you find. You've chosen that as your "thing" to complain about men. Trust me. I find women to be a Hell of lot filthier when it comes to maintaining a home.

Now, get down on your knees, start scrubbing and feel sorry for yourselves.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I agree with the OP, 7 hours seems about right if the guy is a slob or has no time to help. My housekeeper works 9 hours per week and she does a pretty good job of washing the windows and the floors, washing and ironing the laundry, cleaning the kitchen, dusting and generally straighten up.

I'm a bit of a neat freak so I don't make much mess. I guess if I was a slob the weekly hours could be more.

Midlifebear is right when he says it is the best money you can spend. When my wife and I were together we had a women come in once a week and it was great. It freed up a whole day on the weekend which was formerly consumed by housework.

It can be difficult to find a good and honest housekeeper though. I feel lucky that I've had the same women for nearly six years. Only trouble is she likes to re-arrange the furniture every couple of weeks! I put it back and the next week she trys something new. I think she's playing with my head! :biggrin:

I lived with two women for a couple years and they were total slobs. They used to bitch about the toilet seat being up and I accomodated them by usually lowering it. But it every time I lifted it up, there were these nasty yellow, dried urine stains from the backsplash of their piss. uck. Of course since they didn't see it, they didn't care. But God forbid if I left the seat up!