Husbands create 7 hours of extra housework a week

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In Europe we know that women can enjoy sex far more than men, in the States they still have their men believe that it's a favour they are doing them. :biggrin1:

Quoted for truth.

I will just add that I think it's largely the men's fault in the US. They let their women get away with murder and often manoeuvre themselves into loser/underdog positions, which creates even more imbalance and causes the woman to look elsewhere. I see this all the time. It's maddening.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, don't cohabitate. Problem solved.

Question is, how many women would prefer to give up their cohabitation for seven hours of, well, who knows? Sure, maybe an extra seven hours of sex, but then there's travelling, and the fact that your partner doesn't sleep with you and hold you at night, etc.

I like housework though. So, I'm atypical.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In Europe we know that women can enjoy sex far more than men, in the States they still have their men believe that it's a favour they are doing them. :biggrin1:

You know what, that's a turn off though. People who have sex to enjoy sex are so much better than people who have sex to appease your person.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Phil, I do appreciate your anger, but in reality the grey parts of life are more interesting. I like being surprised by all people's ability.

You mistake me to think I am angry.

That I have read about human history, read about scientific discovery, and that I am capable of dispassionately evaluating the behavior of both men and women does not mean that I am angry about it.

Women In America do a lot of whining about an 'illusory" equality.

That is simply a fact.
Meanwhile, western society bends, as it always has, to meet whatever demands are made by women.

And to any man not brainwashed by the past 30 years of feminist agitprop the idea of women being subjugated by men is ludicrous.

Certainly there is a lot of variation... but the crest of the bell curve is always the majority... and the majority opinion tends to drive social convention...

The subjugation of the American male can be seen on any sitcom... ( such as "yes, dear")
Can be seen in T shirts on sale that say "if a man says something in the forest, and there's no woman to hear him... is he still wrong?" or the popular
"evolution of authority"[/url

Advertising is aimed at women because women have the power over the money... women get free drinks and no cover charge at bars... women get out of tickets....
The lifeboats on the titanic carried mostly women to safety... while the men drowned.

There are all just plainly visible facts.

So when I hear women say they want equality... it rings hollow... what they really want is MORE advantage and LESS accountablility.

I would love to have a woman willing to support me while I stay at home... But I have never met one.... if you ain't bringing in a check... they have no respect nor desire for you.

I would love to have the 6-8 years of extra life that women get.... the limitless additional orgasms they can have...

I would love to get alimony from a court, just because I haven't worked... love to have been given equal standing in Child custody....

Love to get more than one drawer in the house I pay for in which to keep my toiletries...

As a man... the only choice I have in life is to work till I die, and hand over the bulk of what I earn and acquire to a woman all thru my life and at my passing.

But really... I am not angry about it...
I think men and women must each get from society that which they need.

Girls... what few perqs men really get... you should just graciously let them have.

We are different and vive la differance

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Girls... what few perqs men really get... you should just graciously let them have.
Get a grip, Phil. Women have had to endure men usurping their physical, financial, and sexual power over them for several millenia. Now that a few changes have occurred over the last 40 years or so you believe men have suddenly been given the shaft. Unbelievable.

titan_hamer

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol why should it matter who got shafted when. we are only alive in this peroid of time and we should strive to make it the best we can. why should we trade of men being the dominate for women. why cant we try and actually form a society were both men and women treat each other well. why i ask you why.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Get a grip, Phil. Women have had to endure men usurping their physical, financial, and sexual power over them for several millenia. Now that a few changes have occurred over the last 40 years or so you believe men have suddenly been given the shaft. Unbelievable.

more mythology, Mercurial.

There is precious little evidence of men usurping anything.

For millenia, the only thing holding women back has been biology... not men. If a woman did not want to live like a nun... she was GOING to get pregnant...

Human cultures ALL revolve around the central fact of female pregnancy and birth... and accommodating the needs of the women and the children.
And by accommodating... I mean maximizing survival of women and children OVER the survival of men.

Societies structure themselves with men working themselves to death and fighting wars because Men are EXPENDABLE.

That's a simple evolutionary fact. Societies that are not optimized for survival of their children will be outdone by societies that are more efficient.

Men are raised by their mothers and they behave toward women in the manner their mothers taught them.

They are further shaped by the response of women of breeding age.... so when you women complain about men all being such assholes, here's a tip... stop getting wet over assholes...

Men will be whatever will get them laid... and WHO has choice in that arena? Women.

You want a real education on women's emancipation? Read up on Margaret Sanger. She identified that it was reproduction that held women in chains, not men, and she worked her whole life to free women from the dictates of biology.

She created Planned Parenthood, was jailed and exiled for disseminating information on birth control...
And it was Sanger who put together the funding to develop the birth control pill in 1960.

And what happened? Well, Prior to 1960 there were dozens of women's movement trying to create "equal rights"for women, and they all came to little or nothing as childbearing eventually took over most women's lives...

But the very minute women had access to the pill... had control over their own reproduction... everything started to change immediately.
The entire society changed in 20 years.
( the time it takes for women to raise a new crop of men with different ideas)

So don't give me the MEN DID THIS AND THAT...

In every species, female choice drives male behavior... The Peacock does not choose to grow that ridiculously expensive and physically taxing tail... he grows it because without it he won't get laid.

And thru human history men have had no more choice in their lives than women.

Society was the way that worked best for the majority....
And when the biological facts of life changed... women got precisely what they wanted by merely demanding it.

Don't get me wrong... I don't begrudge women getting what they want at all..
I simply get sick of the dominant gender whining about how they are victimized.
And I get tired of all the talk of equality, when women like yourself seem unable to recognize what inequality really is.

Want an example... dry cleaning for women's apparel was always more expensive than for men's...
Until a group of women complained about it in court..

The dry cleaners tried to explain that women's clothing was far more expensive to dry clean than men's because women were far more meticulous and picky about their clothing than either they or men were about men's...
The slightest trace of a stain on a blouse meant having to clean it again...if it was a woman's blouse... Women's clothing was more often made of exotic blends and silks that complicate the cleaning process....Dry cleaners had to, on average, do 30% more work on an article of women's clothing because of women's demands...

Women complained that this was unfair, un equal... the dry cleaners complained that what was fair was for them to make the same amount of money for their labor whether they were working on men's garments or women's... if women's clothing took more work.. they should be able to charge more...

The result? Dry cleaner's were compelled to make their pricing gender neutral... since they could not afford to lose money on women's apparel... they raised prices on men's.

That's right... If you're a woman with a husband... your fight for 'equality" that is not predicated on any real calculation of value, has resulted in RAISING your dry cleaning bill, because you now pay more for the husband's cleaning, and no less for your own...

Now- allow me to explain what this means... Its like women saying that men should have to pay more for their shirts... to cover the cost of women needing a bra under their shirts... women demanding something extra in terms of real services... and demanding that they pay no more than someone who gets fewer services.

This is a feminist's idea of equal... not real equality, but the appearance of equality...
The idea of women not HAVING to accept the realities of the world and be accountable for their own behavior... no, they want MEN to have to pay extra because they pitch a fit over their pearl buttons, while they let slide the stain on their husband's sleeve.

They refuse to simply turn and look to see if the seat is down... no... far easier to demand that every other person on earth accommodate their needs for them.

They bitch about getting paid 73 cents to every dollar a man gets while they work, on average, only 73% of the hours a man does... and while their men fork over the entire dollar they earned for the woman to spend.

Look, I don't mind that you girls get whatever flippin thing you stamp your foot for... I understand that you are the object of our desire and you have the babies and evolution always favors your needs...

I just don't need to hear the anti-male mythology you have invented to rationalize the way your demands have escalated.

What makes rich people look bad is when they complain about how hard their lives are...

What makes American women look bad is their whining about being victims while society and men indulge their every demand.

Stop stomping your foot and ask nicely...you will still get what you want... and you won't look like such a shrill harpy...

And cut your men some slack, willya... Its all we can do just to figure out how to speak to you without being in trouble all the time...

You want real equality?
Be gracious and self aware enough to recognize how good you have it...

And treat men like what THEY want is of equal importance, of equal validity, as what you want...

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wake up, Hazel.

Read something of history, anthropology... genetic and memetic evolution.

You support the propaganda of your time without critically examining the actuality of people's real actions.

If you don't think women have it better in this society, you simply aren't paying attention.

Take a walk in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week, to any shopping center and see how many men are shopping versus how many women...

Why so few men? because they are the one's working to provide those women with the money and leisure with which to shop.

This is not to say that there are not lots of women who pay their own freight in life...

Just that women do not even ALLOW men the option of being the supported spouse.

Even the wealthy or professionally successful women I know demand their husbands make a living.

And one other thing... I am forwarding an argument.
I explain my reasoning and give example and analogy to back up my reasoning.

Your statements that I must have been mindfucked are not an argument, nor even a rebuttal.

You're just mouthing the party line in hopes one of the female overlords will deign to sleep with you.

Good luck with that...

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wake up, Hazel.

Your statements that I must have been mindfucked are not an argument, nor even a rebuttal.

You're just mouthing the party line in hopes one of the female overlords will deign to sleep with you.

Good luck with that...

Oh We will Phil...just as soon as he crawls on all fours and kisses the insteps of our Jimmy Choo's!
(cue maniacal laughter)

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wake up, Hazel.

And one other thing... I am forwarding an argument.
I explain my reasoning and give example and analogy to back up my reasoning.

Good luck with that...

:rofl:

Wow...you just sailed over the ledge of curiosity into outright hilarity!

I'll just have to beg my female overlord if she might lower herself to having sex with me after she gets home this evening. I'm sure I'll be mouthing a line, and it'll be a party alright...just not how you're thinking.

I wasn't putting forth any arguments or rebuttals, genius...I was making an observation. One which you continue to validate with every new loquacious diatribe put forth. I'm not "supporting any positions" or trying to engage in any anthropological debates where none exists to be had.

I'm not sure where all your anger at women stems from, but there are professionals who can help you work through it.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't see as how it even qualifies as an observation...
A presumption, yes... ad hominem, certainly... but exactly what have you observed?

Maybe you're the one guy on earth who has not had to negotiate the verbal minefield of not saying something wrong to a woman...

Maybe you're the one guy who really thinks the idiots portrayed as husbands on television is pretty accurate to your own experience....

Or maybe you just lucked out and got one of the rare women who do not think they are always right and you always wrong...

I don't know...

But you're young... you'll eventually find out.

You can believe in the myth of the oppressor male... bravely demonstrating their oppression by going down with the titanic while their women rowed off in boats...

Or you can recognize that the culture was, and will be, what it has needed to be to enable us to best survive.

I am saying men have some perqs... women actually have more... that its not equal in either direction... and that it never CAN be.

and, in the final analysis... its ALL decided by women...

...Hand that rocks the cradle, my man....

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't see as how it even qualifies as an observation...
A presumption, yes... ad hominem, certainly... but exactly what have you observed?

observation (noun):

3: a judgment on or inference from what one has observed; broadly : REMARK, STATEMENT

Pedantic asshole.

happyfeet

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can believe in the myth of the oppressor male... bravely demonstrating their oppression by going down with the titanic while their women rowed off in boats...

Or you can recognize that the culture was, and will be, what it has needed to be to enable us to best survive.
You've raised some interesting points in your posts, but you discredit yourself with statements like "the myth of the oppressor male." You obviously come from a functionalist perspective, but it's a perspective, not a fact.

I am saying men have some perqs... women actually have more... that its not equal in either direction... and that it never CAN be.

and, in the final analysis... its ALL decided by women...

...Hand that rocks the cradle, my man....
Well, you're right that it's not equal and it probably can't be. That's probably true. In an effort to find balance, we will sometimes lean more to one side than the other. It is part of being human.

And, I agree that it's all decided by women. That's why I'm no pacifist. Certain men need to be shot in the head. We've let y'all fuck over the planet long enough.

The problem is that lots of us confuse sex with love, so we think that it's socially significant when we want to fuck you. Lots of us also want power and have bought into the oppressive belief system that touts males as powerful and females as weak.

You round up the craptastic males of the world and we'll give you a special place in the temple when we take back the Earth. :smile:

titan_hamer

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If we are going to round up all the craptastic males then we should round up all the craptastic females and have a good old shooting gallery. lol but thats only if you wanna be far about it.

ps. I love equality