Hydrocele Removal!

Media
After years and years of wanting to get this cursed hydrocele removed, I suppose my wishes have been answered.
Yesterday morning I arrived at the hospital and got prepped for surgery, after a few hours I was in and out of the O.R.
Arriving home i was a little stiff and slightly sore, but actually couldnt believe how good I felt considering my groin had been cut up. This may have been a little too early to jump to positive conclusions..
Today I awoke to a swollen groin, sore testicles and just an all around intense pain in my mid section. I took off my bandages today (my mothers a doctor and said she wanted to have a look at the incision) and I was kind of taken back by the size and intensity of the cut. She said it was a standard looking incision.
They made a four inch cut into my upper groin..went down and removed all of the hydrocele 'sack', before putting my junk back in place and stapling me up.
I am praying tomorrow isnt as sore as today.. as I've had immense pains just from walking around the house. the slightest cough or sneeze.. absolutely excruciating not to mention the notion of blowing my nose makes me cringe. Its odd how many natural reactions run straight through your groin.
Anyways, I will post a couple pics in a few days and show you the results..
I have a sizable bottle of percocet that i have been taking here and there.. but I really dont want to have to slam back any more of those than I have to.
Just thought I'd vent, since everyone else around me other than my parents think I had a hernia repair (seemed less embarassing, and practically the same surgery), and in the past I've mentioned my self confidence issues in relation to this hydrocele.
Hopefully in a couple weeks my genitals will look fucking fantastic, and I can get on with my groove.
Cheers everyone.
Freeman

Last edited:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
dude, don't not take the pain meds. I understand the worry/fear of getting hooked, but for the first few days (if not a week) after any type of surgery, you need to keep the pain meds in your system. After day 3-5, try to taper off the pain meds and see if you still need to take them like you have been or can do without.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my hydrocele problem came after my vasectomy. my right nut swelled up about 2 mo n ths after the vasectomy. doc drained it once, and it came back almost immediately. my right nut was cut open, hydrocele removed, I have a nice "zipper" scar.

what was funny and the only bright spot in this process, was I learned how many women check men's pants bulges. I have a pretty big package normally, but when the right nut is the size of a baseball.....look out. I would go out to grab a couple beers and shoot pool and HALF the woman in the bar would meet me within an hour. the stares, the whispering, followed by more stares. I had more drinks bought for me by women.

1NiceRod

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Definitely check to see about using ice packs to ease the pain and swelling. When my ex-brother-in-law got his vasectomy (different surgery, I know, but in the same area) he used it as an excuse to always have to have a cold can of beer held betwen his legs. LOL He did say that it help a lot.

Media
They are for the most part harmless.. but Im 21, and it caused some intense self confidence issures.. couldnt work out, go swimming ect without feeling like EVERYONE was looking at my crotch.
not my favourite feeling.
perks are treating me well.. hopefully in the next few days ill feel better.
cheers.

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
For the most part hydroceles are painless. However, they can get large and become a pain in the groin...my right testicle was the size of about 4 testicles when I had it removed. I have a small one on the left testicle and am keeping track of it to see it it enlarges.