Hydroxycut!

D_Sebaceous Toenails

Account Disabled
Media
no . waste of money . if u want to lose real fat then exercise and eat as much protein as possible and cut out as much carbs as possible less than 20 grams to zero carbs i u can do that is best. , u wil lose it faster and healthier and keep it off if u eat right after u lose the fat & weight u want to lose.

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, onehotcock, somebody forgot to tell you that the atkins revolution ended in 2005. But that's ok. The news flash is Dr. Atkins, rest his soul, died of a heart attack, and his followers all got fat again.
Pete Brady :You will here a lot of opinions. Do what works for you. Try to do something sustainable, good for you, good for the world, and not too crazy.
Since you didn't ask for diet advice, only hydroxycut advice, I won't offer any.
As far as Hydroxycut...yes I have had good results with it. I used it a few years ago. I am a sort of thin guy, I wasn't necesarily trying to take down a lot of weight, but some of my friends who are bigger guys have used it to help them get leaner, and more cut with good results as well.
It is not intended for long term use. As with any herbal product, if you wish to continue using it, cycle off for at least the amount of time recomended on the package. That is to say, take some time off of taking hydroxycut, after taking it for a while - not more than 3 months on, then a few weeks off.

Last edited:

cacksas

Experimental Member
Media
Uh, yes. Hydroxycut does work.

What I would recommend is a weight lifting regime, with frequent cardio, and then the hydroxycut to really add to the program.

But, yes, to answer your question, hydroxycut does work.

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hydroxycut works using a combination thermogenic herbs (herbs that in traditional medicine bring heat in the body), appetite suppressant herbs, adaptogenic (herbs that basically make you better at sports) metabolic stimulant herbs, and glucose moderating herbs (like gynema sylvestre, wich lowers blood sugar, which insulin, the hormone, that among other things tells your body to let lay down fat) in addition to plain old caffein. These herbs are thought to work synegistically, and several of the ingredients have more than one of the above mentioned properties.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hydroxycut works. Make an honest go of it, or don't bother. You need to eat balanced meals of moderate size, and excercise most days. You must avoid extra caffeine and get PLENTY of water.

Oh, and like the fellow said earlier: Remember to cycle off the supplement for a while. I could swear I read you need 8 weeks on and 8 weeks off. I'm sure the package will let you know for sure.

Last edited:

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hydroxycut works using a combination thermogenic herbs (herbs that in traditional medicine bring heat in the body), appetite suppressant herbs, adaptogenic (herbs that basically make you better at sports) metabolic stimulant herbs, and glucose moderating herbs (like gynema sylvestre, wich lowers blood sugar, which insulin, the hormone, that among other things tells your body to let lay down fat), dietary fibers in addition to plain old caffein. These herbs are thought to work synegistically, and several of the ingredients have more than one of the above mentioned properties.
When you are taking hydroxy cut, you will feel less tired, have a sense of greater energy, and be able to work out definitely. You will likely also have less apetite if you take the product before meals as directed.
When you eat, the product will help you feel the energy of the food.
You actually do have to eat healthful foods though, moderate calorie intake, and excercise - not necesarily hard core, but consistently, for anything much to happen. To help with a feeling of fullness, you may also want to consider fiber supplements, like pysillium husk, and grape fruit fiber (look for these online or in a good health food store) Flax seeds, or pine nuts and apple cider vinegar splashed in water like lemon are also said to work wonders. (Ask if you'd like more info) Why I mention these strategies however is, do not take fiber at the very same time as the hydroxycut - it will slow and lessen its effect.
If you want to take both before a meal, take the hydroxycut say an hour and a half before meal time, and then the pysillium 15 minutes before meal time. Another word of caution - do not drink mik with hydroxycut. Casein, a component in milk is known to counter act EGCG, and the effects of green tea, a major ingredient in Hydroxycut.
There is a downside however. Hydroxycut will make you strung out on caffein all the time. You may be like that anyway. But it is not a good state to be in, and not good for your long term health. It can keep you up at night, give you a false sense of alertness while driving, elevate your heart rate, and when you want to stop, it will be 3 of 4 days of tough love for your body. Remember, Hydroxycut has a large dose of raw cafein in addition to what is naturally found in the green tea extract and guarana This is why the caffein free version sells in eqaul proportion to the original formulation. But would you guess what? The cafein free version does not work exactly as well. Cafein is a dangerous, but powerful drug, and it does work. All in all though my recomendation would be to start with the cafein free version and a sensible regimin of healthful natural foods and moderate excercise and positive thinking. You may gain all the benefits you need and are looking for. If on the other hand you feel you would like a stronger supplement, you can use both. Start with 1 pill regular, and the rest caffein free each day, see how you are doing for a few weeks, and more up to half and half if necesary.
Wishing you a lot of success!

Last edited:

petebrady

1st Like
Media
thanks for the info. Im taking all this info in. Im eating alot better. no carbs water only to drink and im walking and using my bowflex. I heard about this product and heard that it helps. I have to take the caffien free though. I cant tolerate to much caffiene. BUt thanks for the replies.

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not going to go into a lengthy discussion but you should be aware of the warnings and contraindications of this product. Without being aware of your current health status, % body fat, and other factors, it's difficult to make an assessment. Beware that there's a lot of hype associated with the various fat-burners on the market. While random opinions on a forum such as this can be informative, I would suggest that you talk with either a physician or a PT in your area.

B_bflr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I tried Hydroxycut and I also felt sick and anxious on it. In my experience, the best thing for cutting is really disciplined, clean diet. Lot's of veggies, protein, water, don't drink anything with fake sweeteners or with calories (Except protein shakes). HIIT cardio too.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
I agree that cutting down on carbs, and sugar WILL help you lose weight.. anyone that tells you different is thinking of the 'atkins' diet.
You have to time your carb intake, as well as the type of carbs your take in.
if you focus on "brown carbs" - sweet potato's, brown rice, oatmeal ect those are the good carbs, "white carbs" - processed sugars, white breads, ect can be detrimental to your weight loss.
also as far as protien goes, focus on lean forms of protien, Fish, chix, ect...
limit dairy products. eat 4-6 small meals a day, cut off eating at a certain hour say 7pm. lift weights 5x a week with 4x of cardio a week.
I wouldn't worry about suppliments right now other then a good multi vitamen.
Fat burners can work, but I would hold off on those until your get down till about 10lbs to lose.
How do I know this?
I lost 130lbs...
went from 310 lbs. down to about 170.
It took about a year.
Since then I have gain weight in the last year due to an accident.
I am now going to get back into shape...

I think a very important factor in weight loss is not to set a time goal.
eg. In 3 months I am going to lose 30 lbs!
that is a sure way to fail.

just my 2 cents.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree that cutting down on carbs, and sugar WILL help you lose weight.. anyone that tells you different is thinking of the 'atkins' diet.
There was a germ of a good idea in the Atkins Diet, though it was taken to too much of an extreme. If you exercise and pay attention to your appetite you will naturally tend to want more protein. Protein triggers satiety (feeling satisfied) more quickly than carbs, and can require more calories to digest than it contains, if it will be metabolised into muscle tissue.

if you focus on "brown carbs" - sweet potato's, brown rice, oatmeal ect those are the good carbs, "white carbs" - processed sugars, white breads, ect can be detrimental to your weight loss.
limit dairy products. eat 4-6 small meals a day, cut off eating at a certain hour say 7pm. lift weights 5x a week with 4x of cardio a week.
Fat burners can work, but I would hold off on those until your get down till about 10lbs to lose.
How do I know this?
I lost 130lbs...
It took about a year.

I'd suggest using a tape measure rather than scales to measure the results. But you should learn to enjoy taking exercise and eating healthily for it's own sake. It will make you feel better surprisingly quickly. More strength, energy, stamina and better posture too.

just my 2 cents.

And my 1 cent.

heist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In the end, it comes down to calories. Even if you eat a ton of "good" stuff, you'll still gain weight if you're eating too much.

Discipline, discipline, discipline... it's all about self-control.

Oh, and about hydroxycut -- it's a good idea to stay away from stuff with stimulants (like caffeine), simply because if you mess up the timing you probably won't be able to sleep. (Sleeping poorly has been correlated with weight gain, but I'm not sure if they've proved causation.)

Media
How do I know this?
I lost 130lbs...
It took about a year.

just my 2 cents.

Excellent advice. I used LeBrada's EFA Lean Gold to burn fat. It is a proprietary blend of oils Omega 3,6,9 and Black Current seed oil etc. It has worked very well for me and my issues with eczema.

In addition I did a 21 day stint with no coffee, soda, sugar, red meat (only from fresh fruit and in small quantities) and 16 oz of water in the morning. I cannot consume any dairy due to mlik protien intolerance so that was not an issue.

I juice veggies 3 times a week, exercise (treadmill, free weights) and my body has come around.

Be careful of products like Hydroxy cut that mess with your metabolism in any way, shape or form.

Supershaggy1822

1st Like
Media
Hydroxycut mostly works due to the immense amounts of caffeine in it. There isn't enough of a stimulant effect from that much caffeine to seriously burn calories, it would only burn small amounts, but caffeine is a very effective appetite suppressant. Take it sufficiently before meals and you will eat less. But you know what is a much cheaper and better for your body solution? Eat smaller meals more often, eat a big breakfast, and exercise more often. All of those things help speed up your metabolism and suppress your appetite much better than anything you can still legally buy in a bottle in the US. At least over the counter without a precsription.

D_Harry_Sphincter

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I took Hydroxycut for a couple weeks about 15-16 months ago, wound up in the hospital with an irregular heartbeat (that's thankfully fixed itself).

If you decide to take it I obviously can't stop you, but best of luck in staying healthy and out of the hospital.

Snarfblat

Experimental Member
Media
It does work. However, be advised that it may change hormone cycles in women. When my gf was taking it, she lost weight but her periods were erratic, even while on the pill. There's a bunch of information about this problem on the web.