Hymen question

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Gecko4lif, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ive never had sex with a virgin and i dont intend to but recently I have learned something interesting. I have always thought of a hymen as something like a thin piece a skin or membrane that was selectively permeable but apparently it is like a rope / net like structure in the vagina so my question to the ladies is as follows.

What exactly does it feel like to have you hymen broken by a penis? Because the picture in my head went from poking a hole in rice paper to trying to run through a volleyball net

2. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

A hymen doesn't cover the whole of the vaginal opening only partially.
    And having it broken for the first time stings and burns.
    A lot of girls hymens are ruptured before they ever have sex due to vigorous sports like horse riding without even realizing it's happened.

3. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Volleyball net, lol! Hymens differ quite a lot depending on your heredity. Also vigorous sports will impact it, as dragonfly says. Using tampons will change its shape or even rupture it too. Generally there's an opening someplace or other that lets out the menses anyhow; in medical illustrations it's near the center.

Depending on bloodstained sheets on the wedding night is a quaint and silly custom for which many a finger has been pricked over the centuries, I am certain.

4. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Mine broke long before my first time. I have been horse riding since I was 8 so that probably did it but other sports have been known to break it.

Some girls at school couldn't use tampons because of theirs and even resorted to trying to break it themselves because they were scared of pain during their first time.

5. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Mine was like a ring. It stung when it broke, like a knife cut. No, like a really bad paper cut. I didn't bleed very much at all, not as much as I had been to believe I would.

6. B_prettyswinggirl

B_prettyswinggirl New Member

I know my daughter's is no longer intact, but I'm choosing not to tell her at this point. WHen she was 5 or 6 she fell hard on a teeter totter an bled like crazy. We rushed her to her pediatricians and was told she'd be fine, but that her hymen had ruptured. Now she's 15 and I don't quite want her having sex just yet. She's heard stories from friends that the first time hurts very badly and I see no reason to tell her other wise for the time being. If I suspect she may be getting close to a boy, I might sit her down and tell her what happened to her all those years ago, but also tell her that she may still experience pain and if he's not the right guy and she goes ahead with it then regret, being a different kind of pain, may take it's place.

7. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think I broke mine with a toothbrush when I was VERY, very young. It was incredibly painful, but didn't bleed. If that didn't do it, the horseback riding certainly did. I rode bareback quite a bit, some English posting, but mostly western, every summer for five years or so. When I had sex for the first time, it was all pleasure, and no discomfort whatsoever.

Draft saved Draft deleted