Hymenoplasty? WTF??

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
so called "revirgination":

Now a growing trend in the US .. this has been until recently a practice largely known among Muslim women until its new-found popularity as women "give" themselves anew (undergoing risky surgery) to their husbands.

Are they fucking serious?:rolleyes:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05349/622923.stm

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen horror stories result from that.

Sick shit. I wouldn't risk it (if I were a woman). How much better can it be? Plus the complications are severe, both physically and psychologically.

johnnyq22us

Just Browsing
Media
It is also used to repair rips/tears and other disfigurements that can commonly occur during childbirth. And it isn't just for cosmetic purposes, many women actually have it repaired because depending on the severity of the damage everyday activity such as urination is extremely painful..let alone sexual intercoarse. so while some get it for cosmetic reasons some get it for physical reason that involve pain and the idea of just feeling normal.

sares

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ugh this is gross

I didn't have a big pop the first time and I sure as hell don't want to invite one later in life

REE-F'N-DICULOUS

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i think it's fuckin rediculous. now, in backwards muslim countries, i can understand this procedure. if yer not a virgin when you mary, yer family and/or yer fiance has the right to beat the ever loving shit out of you. but for an american woman who's such a fuckin whore that she has an arby's sammich between her legs, i don't. if you didn't want a roast beef coochie, then maybe you shouldn't have like, ya know...been such a slut.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is also used to repair rips/tears and other disfigurements that can commonly occur during childbirth. And it isn't just for cosmetic purposes, many women actually have it repaired because depending on the severity of the damage everyday activity such as urination is extremely painful..let alone sexual intercoarse. so while some get it for cosmetic reasons some get it for physical reason that involve pain and the idea of just feeling normal.
You are joking, right? Hymen disfigurements occurring during childbirth? Hymen damage so severe it causes painful urination? Someone has pulled the wool over your eyes, friend.

And regarding the "hymenoplasty", well, genital mutilation seems to be a popular and desirable trend in this country. Seems a little sick to me. By the way, these procedures cost in the four-digit range... and last long enough to have a cock or dildo poked up in there... then it's all over. Hey, guys, wanna fuck a $2000, completely remodeled pussy?

johnnyq22us

Just Browsing
Media
Def. Not. While it is common for many women to experience rips and tears to the hymen and vaginal wall during a vaginal birth most women can have that repaired with minor stitches there after. Some (few as severely torn isn't very common) women can actually have very large/long rips and tairs that require such cosmetic surgery to repair it. There was even a "ducumentary" on one of those shows (I believe Dr. 90210 but don't quote me on it) where one womans was severely disfigured to the point of pain after childbirth. It was so bad her and her husband rarely had sex for a whole year after she gave birth. So while you may not have heard of such an instance let's not assume it is not possible. Not every woman with a physical disfigurement involving her vagina or pubic area has simply been fucked one to many times.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
johnnyq22us said:
Def. Not. While it is common for many women to experience rips and tears to the hymen and vaginal wall during a vaginal birth most women can have that repaired with minor stitches there after...
But you are still confusing hymenoplasty with repairs to a damaged vagina. Hymenoplasty is, pure, plain, and simple, a cosmetic surgery to "restore" a hymen to its original, virginal state. It has nothing to do with a torn vaginal wall. And although it is not impossible, damage to a hymen due to childbirth is exceptionally rare.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow,

I am not believing some of the comments that I am seeing here. I think this seems to merely reflect the shifting demographics on the US landscape with the ever increasing influx of immigrants from Latin countries, who are devoutly Roman Catholic it is a major issue. I have my own thoughts and beliefs about virginity, celibacy, and revirgination which I shall keep to myself. What I can not understand is why someone would want to go through that pain and time of adjustment again... I think if you were woman enough to engage in sexual activity even though your culture did not sanction it. then you should be woman enough to be honest . This kind of dishonesty does not bode well for the rest of the relationship...

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
What I can not understand is why someone would want to go through that pain and time of adjustment again... I think if you were woman enough to engage in sexual activity even though your culture did not sanction it. then you should be woman enough to be honest . This kind of dishonesty does not bode well for the rest of the relationship...

The rational comment of an informed woman. I agree with you completley Naughty. What instigated the initiation of this thread was that I actually saw this "Yarborough" woman on Inside Edition (or some show like that) last night as she and her husband were being interviewed and she called it "her gift to him". And the dolt of a husband smiled beamingly to suggest he'd let her suffer the dangers simply to gratify some egotistical need in him.

I was incredulous.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
... I think if you were woman enough to engage in sexual activity even though your culture did not sanction it. then you should be woman enough to be honest . This kind of dishonesty does not bode well for the rest of the relationship...
On the nose, Naughty! And you and I both know you only addressed the very tip of the iceberg here...

Revirgination, oh please.

I did see a segment about this very subject on "Discovery Health Channel", and one woman who was having it done was doing it as an "anniversary gift" for her husband. Sick... just sick.