Hyperorgasmia?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by bigsam, Jun 19, 2005.

1. bigsam

bigsam Member

Ok...I checked google and there is woefully zero information on the topic.

My girlfriend has alot of orgasms when we have sex. I know that she's not faking due to a number of physical responses not the least of which is extreme contractions (which she can't do on her own), and by alot I don't mean like 5 or 6...I mean like 30 or 40.

She really hadn't had sex before we started so she doesn't know whats going on. It also started really average, she would have 2 or so per time and then it kept increasing and hasn't seemed to stop.

I'm genuinley concerned that this could be a bad thing. Does anyone know if its possible for her to suffer any sort of damage or sexual dysfunction because of this? The only thing I could find on the topic was an article on actionlove (which I think is bullshit) but which indicated that too many orgasms can cause a buildup of certain brain chemicals and result in all sorts of health problems over time including menstruation problems.

I'm at a loss and I know people here are quite knowledgeable. She's not exactly complaining, except that she has trouble walking afterwards and it tuckers her out. I'm just worried that the human body isn't really designed for that kind of work.

Btw...she's also had to go up a bra size in the 5 months that we've been sexually active which had been steady for her for the 4 years before. Is it possible that this is related to hormonal changes because of the sex? Or is it more likely that its just random growth continuing its course?

This not a brag by any means...I'm just trying to get some answers.

Thanks!

2. Kat

Kat Member

I wouldn't worry about it at all unless it is physically bothering her. If it isn't (apart from being tired), embrace her ability. I always have somewhere between 10-20 orgasms during sex and on occasion have had sex several times a day which adds up. I'm not sure if your girlfriend has the same issue but with me, but once I have an orgasm it is like an itch that I can't stop scratching. I just have this overwhelming need to have more. I basically go until I'm tired. In response to your question about breast size...I don't know.

kat

3. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

I'd not say that it's something bad - unless her orgasms lead to physical hyperactivity, hyperventilating or unnormally sudden/hard muscle spasms. Have never heard that actual damage has been caused by too many orgasms, so - enjoy it.

A few times I've dated a lady (the librarian who loved Mahler symphonies as soundtrack to sex) who was very orgasmic too, usually the first would come within seconds after penetration, and more to following on the way. Plus, she'd come pretty often when I ate her or did other stimulating things on her. But in the end, it hasn't damaged her at all.

Bruce

4. cypher13

cypher13 New Member

A librarian who loves Mahler as a soundtrack to sex? Ah, the woman of my dreams!

But, as far as hyperorgasmia goes....don't worry. The body seems to have a way of shutting itself down whenever it has has enough of anything. Usually it's just exhaustion, but sometimes she just passes out.

There have been women with whom, quite literally, it made no sense to keep track because there were so many orgasms...some of these and some others came continuously for minutes with each orgasm and one I remember who came continuously for well over an hour. She turned the color of a ripe strawberry right down to the roots of her hair, with that golden glow of satisfaction illuminating the room and...damn, that was just one of life's most beautiful moments.

Her orgasmic flush was...just everywhere. Ah, memories!

a

5. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

This librarian I talked about just would turn red from her neck upwards, like the blood was rushing to her head when she orgasmed. However, I liked that - it proved me that I was pleasing her definetly.

My current lady friend doesn't change color when orgasming, and she's no hyperorgasmic harpy - but the orgasms she has are a whole concert of sounds a woman's lungs and throat can produce. Absolutely enjoyable, even though it's no firewors as with Bigsam's girl, or your ex.

Bruce

6. bigsam

bigsam Member

No other girls on the topic?

7. madame_zora

Gold Member

8. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hope you won't mind another response from a guy. ;)

I think my wife may be similar to your girlfriend. She's told me she has maybe 20 orgasms every time we have sex, although unlike your GF she doesn't give many outward signs ... actually, she gets momentarily quiet and still when she is experiencing an orgasm. She's only had one (smaller) partner before me, and experienced the same thing with him, so it's not just a function of my size or anything.

We've been together 11 years (how many orgasms is that?? ;)) and really haven't noticed any of the side effects that you are concerned about. She does require about 12 hours to feel ready for more sex after we're done, which sort of goes with what you say about being wiped out afterward, although I think this has more to do with my size and her resulting tenderness than with the orgasms. She hasn't experienced any sexual dysfunction, menstrual issues or other problems that you mention. She has gone from a B cup to a C cup but I think that many women's breasts will grow a bit like that for no apparent reason.

Based on the women I have known, I would actually be surprised if there is any kind of correlation between orgasms and/or hormone levels and bra size. For instance, one ex was a DD cup, had excessive levels of estrogen, and had just one orgasm in our two years together.

My advice to you both: Just chill and enjoy it! You seem to be among the lucky couples who derive intense pleasure from each other.

Steve :)

9. bigsam

bigsam Member

Thanks Jana,

Thing is...I didn't apply all the past female ejaculation conversation to it, because she doesn't ejaculate...well not that I can see. I'm trying to get her to let go, but I think she's afraid of the whole pee thing.

She doesn't ejaculate...she just has lots and lots of orgasms. More than I'd ever heard of, but I figured if there was a place to be reassured that other people do in fact have that many it'd be here :)

10. Mr_Clark

Mr_Clark New Member

All I know is that I'd like to have that "problem"

11. bigsam

bigsam Member

Its not so much that I think its a problem...its just that we didn't know how normal it was or if it COULD be a problem. So I figured it would be better to ask than find out somewhere down the line that it was going to like give her orgasm related injuries or something...

12. madame_zora

Gold Member

I didn't catch the part about not ejaculating, I'm sorry! I would imagine that she has just not "let go" as you say, but she may be doing exactly what her body wants to do, we are all so different. I'm pretty sure that the only possible bad reaction would be headaches, presuming that she doesn't have high blood pressure to begin with in which case sex would already be needing to be monitored. As long as she's feeling great and not having problems, tell her to enjoy being one who is blessed with such delights!

13. Kat

Kat Member

I had a really wild experience last night which has happened to me only a couple of times in the past, but never to this extent. Usually, as I posted earlier, I have between 10-20 clearly separated orgasms when I have sex. They can vary in intensity, but there are clear peaks and valleys in my sensations. Each orgasm maybe lasts a minute or so from trough to peak and back down. Anyway, last night my husband was doing something that we do all the time during sex...going down on me while fucking me with an extra large dildo. Anyway, when I had my first orgasm I didn't come back down; it just kept going. I'm not sure how long it lasted, but it seemed to go on forever. He just kept eating me out and fucking me, then switched to just fucking me with the dildo while I rubbed my clit, then just fucking hard and as deep as he could go with the dildo. It was like I was perfectly maintained on this unbelievable sensory overload. I finally just couldn't take any more..like I was going to get overstimulated and had to stop. After a few minutes I recovered enough to fuck him. It was pretty damn amazing. Has anyone else ever had this happen. Like I said, I've had it happen maybe a couple of times in the past 25 years but the peak sensation only lasted for maybe a couple of minutes at the max.

kat

Draft saved Draft deleted