Hypothetical Question...

suncrafter

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hypothetically speaking - lets say you have an opportunity to win $1,000,000 in a contest. To win - you must choose from one of the following five options:

"Punch" option ---- You will be punched in the face, just once, by a big fat man. The punch is guaranteed not to be fatal nor to cause brain damage, but you will likely sustain a nasty injury such as a split lip, black eye or perhaps even a broken nose. After being punched - you will be given the $1,000,000!

"Bomb" option ---- Nothing will happen to you. However, you will start the countdown on a huge bomb that is hidden deep inside the center of the Earth. The bomb is large enough that, when detonated, it will cause devastating earth quakes and floods all over the planet. The bomb is completely undetectable and can not be disarmed. However it will not detonate until exactly 5,000 years in the future. As soon as the countdown has started - you will be given the $1,000,000!

"Insults" option ---- Twenty people will shout terrible insults and obscenities at you for one full hour. These people will not come into physical contact with you nor harm you, but they will say all sorts of horrible and upsetting things to you. After one full hour of intense verbal abuse - you will be given the $1,000,000!

"Magic" option ---- Your personality and ethical convictions will be painlessly altered in some unknown way by a magic spell. The alteration will be instantaneous and will not affect your memory, cause brain damage nor result in any physical harm of any kind. After the alteration - you will be given the $1,000,000!

"Nothing" option ---- None of the above. Nothing happens to you or anyone else, but you will NOT be given any money.

Which option would you choose first? Second? Third? Etc...???

Please list them like so ... (with "1" listed as your first choice, "2" as your next choice, and so on...)

1 - option name
2 - option name
3 - option name
4 - option name
5 - option name

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You don't get to modify your poll now!

It's a no-brainer. I would take the "insults" option. Will you make it 2 million if I listen for 2 hours?

No insult intended toward you, but I can tell, without looking at your profile, your approximate age, your race and your orientation, just by your hypothetical question.

Those of us who are gay or black (or both) are so used to the insults (direct or indirect) that most of us could withstand the insults easily.

Now, gimmee my money!

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Hypothetically speaking - lets say you have an opportunity to win $1,000,000 in a contest. To win - you must choose from one of the following five options:

"Nothing" option ---- None of the above. Nothing happens to you or anyone else, but you will NOT be given any money.

If I do nothing, I still win but it's not given to me? I'll take it then.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If I do nothing, I still win but it's not given to me? I'll take it then.

Too funny, my man!

My order of precedence looks like this:

1 - Insult option
2 - Bomb option (despite its inherent ludicrousness, I get the point of the exercise)
3 - Punch option
4 - Nothing option

I disregard the "magic" option entirely, as there is no way I would subject myself to any alteration of my mind. Not for $1M, not for $100M.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1.-Insult option (what DC DEEP said)
2.-Punch option (I'll get plastic surgery with my winnings)
3.-It would be "magic" but I failed to understand what happens fully.
4.-Nothing. (I don't need that money that bad)
5.-Bomb option (I'll be dead anyway by the time it blows, as long as no one tries to dig to the center of the earth for fuel.)

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
1-- Punch me and give me the money.
2-- Nothing. No harm, no money, whatever. I'm not "out" anything.

That's it. Those are the only two options, as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't risk world destruction, even 5000 years in the future. I wouldn't want anything to change about me, especially without me realising it.

People probably think I'm nuts for not taking the insults thing. I know how my mind works. An hour of hurled insults by strangers would probably not be a good thing for me. Taxes will eat up at least half of the million, leaving me with a mere $500k to pay off debt, do the usual charity, parental set-up, and regular stuff. After that, there wouldn't be enough to cover the additional therapy I'd need after the insults. Perhaps that's a bit stupid, but a million isn't worth feeling poorly about myself.

Physical pain heals quickly.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
People probably think I'm nuts for not taking the insults thing...there wouldn't be enough to cover the additional therapy I'd need after the insults. Perhaps that's a bit stupid, but a million isn't worth feeling poorly about myself.

Physical pain heals quickly.

The woman's a genius.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me, there is no other option than the no option...I've already had enough crap and I don't need the money that badly to subject myself to more of it!

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Seeing as I've been punched dozens of times in my life and that I have a very good pain threshold... option 1.

NOW GIMME DAT SCRILLA!

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
1. Insult option - Dealing with the general public as I do, this would have little, if any, affect,though it might make me laugh.

2. Punch option - It's done and over with quickly.

3. No option - The bomb and magic option are not acceptable to me.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
1. Bomb option. To be honest, I'm a bit of a cunt and wouldn't care about something so far in the future.

2. Insult option. Oh well, I'm still at college, getting harassed for hours on end is just another day for me.

3. Punch option. Again, getting punched is nothing new.

4. Magic option. Only because it's the last one left.

5 isn't even an option.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd take the insults option. Insults mean nothing to me, I've already listened to 46 years of them for free...

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media

"Punch" option ---- You will be punched in the face, just once, by a big fat man. The punch is guaranteed not to be fatal nor to cause brain damage, but you will likely sustain a nasty injury such as a split lip, black eye or perhaps even a broken nose. After being punched - you will be given the $1,000,000!

"Bomb" option ---- Nothing will happen to you. However, you will start the countdown on a huge bomb that is hidden deep inside the center of the Earth. The bomb is large enough that, when detonated, it will cause devastating earth quakes and floods all over the planet. The bomb is completely undetectable and can not be disarmed. However it will not detonate until exactly 5,000 years in the future. As soon as the countdown has started - you will be given the $1,000,000!

"Insults" option ---- Twenty people will shout terrible insults and obscenities at you for one full hour. These people will not come into physical contact with you nor harm you, but they will say all sorts of horrible and upsetting things to you. After one full hour of intense verbal abuse - you will be given the $1,000,000!

"Magic" option ---- Your personality and ethical convictions will be painlessly altered in some unknown way by a magic spell. The alteration will be instantaneous and will not affect your memory, cause brain damage nor result in any physical harm of any kind. After the alteration - you will be given the $1,000,000!

Which option would you choose first? Second? Third? Etc...???

Please list them like so ... (with "1" listed as your first choice, "2" as your next choice, and so on...)

1 - option name
2 - option name
3 - option name
4 - option name
5 - option name

1. Insults
2. Bomb
3. Punch (higher, if I could punch him back immediately after getting the $1MM)
4. Nothing