Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Any ladies here who have had one and willing to answer some questions for me...

What was the reason for having it done?

Did you have your ovaries removed?

Your cervix removed?

What method was used? (vaginal or abdominal)

How long was your recovery time before you could have sex comfortably again?

Has your sex drive changed?

Does sex feel the same, better or worse?

Did you ever own a uterus? If not, please don't bother answering.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A friend of mine just had a hysterectomy and I can answer some of the questions based on her report.

She had everything removed above the cervix, I think. Not 100% on that one. She is taking estrogen replacement and says that she's hornier and has more sex now than she ever did before. She also has no PMS anymore, which really messed with her every month.

It's been over a year for her, and overall she's ecstatic. She wanted the surgery for a long time before her doc would consent.

Reactions: antonio

B_chinagirl4u2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A friend of mine just had a hysterectomy and I can answer some of the questions based on her report.

She had everything removed above the cervix, I think. Not 100% on that one. She is taking estrogen replacement and says that she's hornier and has more sex now than she ever did before. She also has no PMS anymore, which really messed with her every month.

It's been over a year for her, and overall she's ecstatic. She wanted the surgery for a long time before her doc would consent.

why did she want it ?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

Thanks Snoozan. That's good to know. I was on estrogen from 15 years old until 31 (taken off recently due to other issues that need to be looked at unrelated to the estrogen) and I think my natural testosterone levels have gone through the roof. The sex drive has increased a million-fold since that has happened.

I go for a consult for an elective hysterectomy in a week and I will keep you guys/gals posted. I will only be insured through the end of the year so getting this done before then is vital. I'm sure it won't be a problem with all the problems I've had in that area. It's just getting so painful that I need to do something and while I can, get it all removed so they aren't problematic later as I've had so many surgeries (especially on the abdomen).

Unnamed

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i wish more women had them. we don't need to grow any further as a species.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Unnamed, speaking for your mother are we?

Thanks Dolfette
I wanted to poll who had their ovaries removed and how the hysterectomy was performed and their reasoning behind it. I will check out the threads though, as collectively they might help me figure things out.

Unnamed

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And yet here you are... again.

no, im not. explain how i am, and your reasoning, please?

You tell us. You're the one recommending that 'more women' have a dangerous, complicated operation with a whole host of potential knock on effects so humans don't 'grow any further as a species'.
you both took my statement out of context. the objective wasn't to save the planet - nor is that an issue humans should tackle. if you want to save the planet, be my guess - but it doesn't need saving. the people do. the planet is fine. its only been here 3.5 billion years, with an estimated 1.4-3 billion more years left if a comet the size of America doesnt come flying this way. so, im a bit confused how wishing people castrated themselves (with the suggestion of a knife as the tool) would be comparable to the safer, medical, alternative which is far less dangerous. just because the results could be the same doesn't mean the are same thing. a vasectomy would be a more reasonable response, which I would be in agreement with.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
no, im not. explain how i am, and your reasoning, please?

You are not here? In the women's issue section? Really? Because you look like you are here.

you both took my statement out of context.

Took the comment out of context? No, we didn't. You just want to back down from a stupid, glib remark.

Let's look at the context, shall we? A serious thread about hysterectomy, asking women for information on their experiences. You come in and, in reply to no one in particular you say:

i wish more women had them. we don't need to grow any further as a species.

You are clearly saying that you wish more women had hysterectomies as a way of slowing / preventing population growth, there is no other way of reading that. And there is no 'context'. You just said it. Here. In this thread. Just exactly what do you think the context is? Do you know what 'context' means?

the objective wasn't to save the planet - nor is that an issue humans should tackle. if you want to save the planet, be my guess - but it doesn't need saving. the people do. the planet is fine. its only been here 3.5 billion years, with an estimated 1.4-3 billion more years left if a comet the size of America doesnt come flying this way. so, im a bit confused how wishing people castrated themselves (with the suggestion of a knife as the tool) would be comparable to the safer, medical, alternative which is far less dangerous. just because the results could be the same doesn't mean the are same thing. a vasectomy would be a more reasonable response, which I would be in agreement with.

I didn't say a single damn thing about castration.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Adenocarcinoma aka uterine cancer. Suffered for 2 years with non-stop bleeding and having biopsies every 6 months.

No. Still have those.

Your cervix removed?
Yes.

Abdominal.

It was a good 4 months before I even went near my toys. Was scared to have a full orgasm too.

Yes it has. Could get aroused easily prior to. Now it takes a while.

Only with toys but doesn't feel the same without cervix.

Did you ever own a uterus? If not, please don't bother answering.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Thank you Sprinkle. We need a Hysterectomy group here. I think a majority of active women here have either had a c-section or a hysterectomy. It's amazing.

I go next week for the consult and I hope to have some more answers. I will likely be down for it next month. I don't look forward to the recovery. But given how many surgeries I've had, it might be better than some of the others.

tat2dqt78

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Any ladies here who have had one and willing to answer some questions for me...

Your cervix removed?

Did you ever own a uterus? If not, please don't bother answering.

I had severe Polycystic ovary syndrome, and had a partial hysto 4 years ago. The doctor left my right ovary because he didn't want me to "slam into menopause". I wasn't happy about that, but agreed so that he would do the surgery. Last year I had to have the other ovary removed in an emergency surgery. I developed a 2 pound tumor and my ovary ruptured, I was bleeding internally, had to be opened up just like the first surgery. Spent 6 days in the hospital, and went through a full recovery again. When I agreed to leave the ovary I was told that if it needed to come out it would be a 15 minute operation, and I would have a few steri-strips, not even stitches.

I was able to have penetration sex 8 weeks after the proceedure, and was comfortable with everything except me on top. That took about 4 months.

My surgery was adominal, (open) and my incision was just over 8 inches long.

I now take Estrace daily. I have tried the patches, the gels, and the intravaginal creams, none work as well as the daily pill.

My sex drive didn't change other than I can have sex anytime now. With PCOS the days before during and after your period are very painful for sex, so I would say my sex drive is the same but my ability to satsify my desires is way better. Plus there is no worry about pregnancy, which helps too. I joke that the doctor took out my crib, and now all I have is a playpen. :)

I used Hysterectomy Support Discussions, Before Hysterectomy, After Hysterectomy, Recovery - HysterSisters They are way more conservative than I am but there was a wealth of support, information kindness there. I also use their email reminders to set up my mammogram, and to go for my annual exam. I always used the need for birth control refills to remind me to make the appts before, but they send out 10 or so emails a year, and one of them is a reminder to set up your appts.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy