Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I had severe Polycystic ovary syndrome, and had a partial hysto 4 years ago. The doctor left my right ovary because he didn't want me to "slam into menopause". I wasn't happy about that, but agreed so that he would do the surgery. Last year I had to have the other ovary removed in an emergency surgery. I developed a 2 pound tumor and my ovary ruptured, I was bleeding internally, had to be opened up just like the first surgery. Spent 6 days in the hospital, and went through a full recovery again. When I agreed to leave the ovary I was told that if it needed to come out it would be a 15 minute operation, and I would have a few steri-strips, not even stitches.

I was able to have penetration sex 8 weeks after the proceedure, and was comfortable with everything except me on top. That took about 4 months.

My surgery was adominal, (open) and my incision was just over 8 inches long.

I now take Estrace daily. I have tried the patches, the gels, and the intravaginal creams, none work as well as the daily pill.

My sex drive didn't change other than I can have sex anytime now. With PCOS the days before during and after your period are very painful for sex, so I would say my sex drive is the same but my ability to satsify my desires is way better. Plus there is no worry about pregnancy, which helps too. I joke that the doctor took out my crib, and now all I have is a playpen. :)

I used Hysterectomy Support Discussions, Before Hysterectomy, After Hysterectomy, Recovery - HysterSisters They are way more conservative than I am but there was a wealth of support, information kindness there. I also use their email reminders to set up my mammogram, and to go for my annual exam. I always used the need for birth control refills to remind me to make the appts before, but they send out 10 or so emails a year, and one of them is a reminder to set up your appts.

I have PCOS and it's causing me so much pain, no ovulation (thus no periods) and I know those cysts are just getting bigger and bigger. I don't want my ovaries left behind for this reason. After reading your story, I am all the more convinced as to why I don't want to leave even one ovary behind to cause problems for me later.

I'd rather have the cervix, uterus, tubes and ovaries removed so they can cause me no more problems.

Thanks a billion times for giving me such a detailed answer that helps me with my specific issues. I truly appreciate it.

Unnamed

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You are not here? In the women's issue section? Really? Because you look like you are here.

i don't get that. you don't walk into the female's restroom and become a lady. i mean, only if there is a sexual reassignment team hanging out in there.

yah, you might look a little out of place, but you're a guy. im a guy. the sign says we can post here.

Women's Issue:
A special place for women (men are welcome to participate too)
Took the comment out of context? No, we didn't. You just want to back down from a stupid, glib remark.
how is over-population, dwindling resources and medical advancement stupid? kids are dying, and you call it stupid & glib. what kind of person are you? despicable.

Let's look at the context, shall we? A serious thread about hysterectomy, asking women for information on their experiences. You come in and, in reply to no one in particular you say

You are clearly saying that you wish more women had hysterectomies as a way of slowing / preventing population growth, there is no other way of reading that.
cool. were almost on the same page. but to back a page

You tell us. You're the one recommending that 'more women' have a dangerous, complicated operation with a whole host of potential knock on effects so humans don't 'grow any further as a species'.

not true. it isn't anymore dangerous than the surgery jobs we can see walking around Hollywood or at a local strip club. stats say its 1:1000 chance of complications.

take a risk, ladies.

And there is no 'context'.
i thought this topic was about hysterectomies. i'm just giving the thread a bigger scope. where's your vision, man?

I didn't say a single damn thing about castration.
you didn't. but you look like you were in agreement:

unnamed, castration is a cheaper, safer, simpler op.
do your bit to save the planet.
how would that save the planet?
You tell us.

I didn't say a single damn thing about saving the planet. "the planet's fine. the people are fucked"

to be fair, i can't picture unnamed being the cause of much population growth.

aw, you say the sweetest things.

tat2dqt78

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have PCOS and it's causing me so much pain, no ovulation (thus no periods) and I know those cysts are just getting bigger and bigger. I don't want my ovaries left behind for this reason. After reading your story, I am all the more convinced as to why I don't want to leave even one ovary behind to cause problems for me later.

I'd rather have the cervix, uterus, tubes and ovaries removed so they can cause me no more problems.

Thanks a billion times for giving me such a detailed answer that helps me with my specific issues. I truly appreciate it.

Any time, if you have more questions feel free to PM me, so I don't miss them in this thread. :)

Unnamed

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
when looking into the subject more, i saw that they now have a robotic partial removable which they say is safer. i also read an article on livejournal, which might be more detailed than prettyswinggirls blog. also, there is the recent 20/20 article detailing Patty's story and the sexual side effects of the hysterectomy. i found them all enlightening.

please_suck_these

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't have a hysterectomy, but I did go through the whole filletted like a fish surgery for a fibroid. You will swear your body will never feel normal again for the first couple months, but 4 months later I was running again and 100% functional in the sex department! No matter how bad it seems, it does get beter. There is a great website.

Hysterectomy Support Discussions, Before Hysterectomy, After Hysterectomy, Recovery - HysterSisters

That website has a lot of great information. It made me feel better through my recovery to realize things were normal.

Somebody2Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have not had a hysterectomy yet. I have had Endometrial adhesions removed laparoscopically. I had that surgery right after I turned 18. May 1st 2008. I have PCOS, Endometriosis and now, Fibroids.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
One thing I forgot to mention was the hair falling out. I'm not on any type of HRT as I still have my ovaries but the lack of male hormone generated by the uterus might be a contributing factor to that. Something I'll be asking my Gyn about during my annual visit next month.

tat2dqt78

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have not experienced hair loss, but my hair texture did change. My hair is not as silky, and haircolor seems to grab funny now. I was told by my stylist that it is a hormone thing, but the hrt didn't seem to help.

Also there is a hrt study going right now, details are on the site I listed. Might be good if you are getting ready to be uninsured.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Ok gals, I have some information to report about the upcoming hysterectomy. It will be December 15th 2011

I have elected to have total hysterectomy based on the fact that my ovaries could continue to form painful and larger cysts on them if even just one is left behind. Since cysts are causing some of the pain I didn't want to leave them in and be pulled in later to have them removed. She said it would be a 15-20% chance that she'd have to go back in to remove them in a few years. Not worth that risk to me. I've already had so many operations and we are trying to fix adhesions that the last thing I need is another abdominal surgery.

She will be going through my c-section scar and I will be in the hospital for 3-6 days depending on how things go.

They will be fixing any adhesions they find, removing the cervix, fallopian tubes, ovaries and uterus. She said my vagina will be about 1-2 centimeters shorter with the removal of the cervix but it shouldn't be a huge deal. She said it's less bothersome than having cervical dysplasia that could go unnoticed from having the cervix left behind after the hysterectomy since I have a cancer risk from familial cervical cancers and an abnormal pap smear already on my health history.

Looks like I'll be heading over to Hyster Sisters officially. If you are a member over there already, please PM me your name you post with so I can know who you are! ;)

Mademoiselle Rouge

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yay! I'm able to answer my own questions! I am 20 days post-op.

Any ladies here who have had one and willing to answer some questions for me...

What was the reason for having it done?
Hormonal abnormalities. Ovarian cysts, paratubal cysts, cervical cysts and abnormal endometrium that would have made pregnancy next to impossible anyway.

Did you have your ovaries removed?
Yes

Your cervix removed?
Yes

What method was used? (vaginal or abdominal)
Abdominal

How long was your recovery time before you could have sex comfortably again?

Comfortable is relative. I started being able to handle an inch or two of his penis about 1 week post-op being very gentle. We wouldn't care put anymore than that in there as to not damage the sutures at the end where the cervix was removed.

Has your sex drive changed?
Higher than ever!

Does sex feel the same, better or worse?
Today we were able to go about 50% of his length. He is 7.5 inches long and at one point he said it was about 80% length but he wasn't entirely hard like he usually is. So his cock was springy and compressing nicely. It felt almost exactly like before the hyst but with less pain and less rubbing against the pubic bone no matter what position we were in. I wonder if my backwards tilting uterus was making for problems.

Did you ever own a uterus? If not, please don't bother answering.

If it is this awesome this soon...it's only going to get better I hope! I should have added that I'm on 1.5 mg of oral estradiol. And I get wetter than ever at the opening but if we take him out to change positions I am not staying wet enough deep inside in order to avoid using lube. Lube lube lube no matter how wet I'm getting compared to before.

I hope this is able to help any women considering a hysterectomy or those who end up needing one eventually an are able to look back at this thread for comparisons. Over at Hystersisters there are just far too many stories to pilfer through and many of them are heartbreaking and they aren't as horny on average as you might experience from the women here.

I am feeling awesome and don't regret my decision thus far at all!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I know the original poster is banned, and that I could just start another thread but I thought bumping this one might take some long time peeps back down memory lane. There some long-gone members here who might make some of ya all nostalgic. Loads of thoughts coming in hot:

Any ladies here who have had one and willing to answer some questions for me:
-What was the reason for having it done?
Endometriosis, and multiple failed pregnancies.
-Did you have your ovaries removed?
No.
-Your cervix removed?
Yes. My fallopian tubes too, gone!
-What method was used? (vaginal or abdominal)
Vaginal with an abdominal opening for laparoscopic access
-How long was your recovery time before you could have sex comfortably again?
I was told no penetration for at least 4-6 weeks, not even fingers. It hasn't been long enough for me to know how long it will actually take. Penetration after vaginal hysterectomy is very dangerous before the wound has been given time to FULLY heal so the doctors warned me to absolutely NOT have anything penetrate my vagina until they've been able to examine me at least two more times, both appointments weeks apart.
-Has your sex drive changed?
No, I've even been having sex dreams.
-Does sex feel the same, better or worse?
I don't know yet, masturbating clitorally felt pretty much the same outside of a little discomfort due to not being fully healed yet (so I'm not gonna do it again until I can have real sex). I am nervous to see how actual sex will feel but I'm staying positive about it. Optimism is what I'm holding onto as hard as I can. If we do it and it's significantly different for the worse for one or both of us I'll cry so hard.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Manly!!!!!! Dolfie!!! Snoozan!!

Second best bump this week.

Lady reproductive and sexual health are always on topic.

Still got my bits. Recreational use only. Occasionally one of my ovaries decides to be a cunt *please do not delete, vagina and Hickboy related* and fuck me sideways. Never often enough for medical intervention beyond pain killers and an understanding partner.

Hopefully I can keep civil with my strictly for show model.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
So it's been awhile since the procedure, my belly opening is mostly healed and almost fully scarred. I still can't have sex for a few more weeks, because I'm still spotting a bit which doc says is very normal.

But... An unexpected benefit? I'm not positive because I have no medical proof to validate my hypothesis but my skin has been getting clearer and clearer since the operation. My psoriasis seems to be going away without treatment. I haven't been laying in the sun due to having been healing the past few weeks. My skin was patchy as hell the weeks before the surgery. Those patches are almost completely gone with absolutely no treatment and no sun exposure like I usually use to clear my skin.

I think the whole time there may have been some connection.. my body was showing outside what my uterus was doing to my itself inside. Now that it's gone, maybe everything else is healing too.

I'm gonna ask my doctor on my next visit is she's ever heard of it.

borntobeking

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So it's been awhile since the procedure, my belly opening is mostly healed and almost fully scarred. I still can't have sex for a few more weeks, because I'm still spotting a bit which doc says is very normal.

But... An unexpected benefit? I'm not positive because I have no medical proof to validate my hypothesis but my skin has been getting clearer and clearer since the operation. My psoriasis seems to be going away without treatment. I haven't been laying in the sun due to having been healing the past few weeks. My skin was patchy as hell the weeks before the surgery. Those patches are almost completely gone with absolutely no treatment and no sun exposure like I usually use to clear my skin.

I think the whole time there may have been some connection.. my body was showing outside what my uterus was doing to my itself inside. Now that it's gone, maybe everything else is healing too.

I'm gonna ask my doctor on my next visit is she's ever heard of it.

Thank you so much for sharing. My wife had a hysterecromy 3 weeks ago. She is very concerned about what sex will be like when she is all healed up. For now that is the furthest thing from our minds. We are focusing on her recovery and comfort. I would like to think that we will be able to eventually resume a mutually enjoyable sex life. I have heard many women state that sometimes the sex even gets better. That remains to be seen but it is a very real thing that more peoplw than I realized have gone through.

williamsw

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
speaking from what i know of my wife having it done , my wife was to have simple procedure , to remove a couple of polyps in her uterus , what instead what happened the ob gyn surgeon while doing that procedure, made the decision with out tell me or my wife , while in side of her abdominal area , did a full hysterectomy remove uterus and ovaries did leave her cervix in, the cut her lower abdominal area the scar is about 8 inches long . he explained to my wife quote your better off without you female parts , your over 45 , that was his shitty explanation. here what happened after surgery post op , the surgery scar is very thick and ugly , she developed scar tissue adhesion's, she has not sexual feelings in her pussy , and when we have sex she needs lub to have me penetrate into her pussy , 8 months later she had to have surgery , they opened the surgical area to remove the scar tissue adhesion's.