Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
My mom had undiagnosed fibroids and endometriosis when they did her hysterectomy. My mother in law also had large fibroids. Both agree they feel a helluva lot better without the problems associated with them. The pill is such a wonderful invention. It's staved off my periods for 4 years now.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

MrGoodDate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My wife had a hist several years ago.
It was good because it freed us to have lots of sex without worrying about more pregnancies. After the hist, she has had to be on mild hormones. and once in a while we use KY jelly to keep things juicy.
The answer to the original question: There is lots of room inside because the vagina is streachable tissue. Just remember women are made to make room for a baby,,, and can streach to birth a baby. In fact the absence of the uterus just gives more space in the abdominal cavity.
I think half the women I know, after 50 have had a histerectomy.... (so my wife says.)
The fun never ends....

vanillaSpice

Just Browsing
Media
OK, this is a great topic. Here are the facts. there are 3 types of hysterctomy's. 1. the uterus is removed. 2. the uterus and cervix is removed. 3. the uterus, cervix, and ovaries are removed. They are doen2 different ways vaginally ( no external incision) or through external incision.

Now the good stuff. It does not give a girl more room to take a larger penis. However, sex is better for the woman because she is more sensitive after the surgery. I am speaking from experience. I still have my ovaries, but cervix and uterus are gone (to prevent cancer) Sex seems better because sensitivity is increased, but no more room then before surgery, a little tighter maybe, but no more room length wise. :biggrin1:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would think a lot of how someone felt about their hysterectomy afterwards would depend on why they'd had it done, a woman who had finished her family and gone through years of bleeding and pain and different procedures to try and sort out whatever was wrong would feel very different to one who had still wanted her uterus.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for the info SP. I will talk to my dr. about it.

My goal has always been to wait until I am 50 years old to get a hysterectomy.....that is what I would like to hold out for...(8 years).. But my dr.'s don't hold out much hope. I have yearly ultra sound pics to check on things.....and my ultra sound dr. said that there isn't much that can be done for me.

I am happy being on the pill.....but I guess there is some problem with me being on the pill. Something about my triglycerides being to high on my last check up and the combination of birth control pill and high triglycerides can point to heart problems later on......something like that. So they don't want me to be on the pill for the next 8 years. I was also told that I am an estrogen producing machine. My body produces a lot more estrogen than the birth control pill does. I was kind of suprised to hear that.

So, what I figured I need to do......is......somehow I need to make my body go into menapause.....so the stupid things will quit growing. I figured Lupron shots would probably do it......but there is no telling how expensive that would be. Anyways I am just brainstorming...... I am good at that. The hysterectomy will be my last resort.....after I have exhausted all other options...... I guarentee that. I like all natural.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't remember what it's called but there's a technique where they insert a balloon sort of thing into the uterus and heat it to a high temperature, is that a possibility?

dobiegirl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a laproscopic hysterectomy in October for a severe case of adenomyosis which is a particularly viscious form of endometriosis. I kept my ovaries. I am 45. I had trouble for 25 years before surgery. Adenomyosis is really hard to accurately diagnose. Since surgery I have actually lost weight and feel great for the first time in many years. I still have my cervix and it hasnt changed anything sexually for me other than an increased sex drive which I think comes from just feeling better. I think that while some women do have problems having a hysterectomy, for me it restored my health and overall feeling of well being. If a person has to have a hysterectomy ...laproscopic is the way to go . I was in and out of the hospital in less than 24 hours and was back to work in 5 days.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i had a hysterectomy in 2006. all i got left is one ovary. no cervix. my hubby tells me it is like screwing a hole cant hit nothing. he was hitting my cervix. so i think a woman can take in a longer penis. i have a vibe that is 10 in and that will go clear inside me. only thing that bothers me now is low sex drive

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
i had a hysterectomy in 2006. all i got left is one ovary. no cervix. my hubby tells me it is like screwing a hole cant hit nothing. he was hitting my cervix. so i think a woman can take in a longer penis. i have a vibe that is 10 in and that will go clear inside me. only thing that bothers me now is low sex drive

First, I watched my mother wrestle this same problem, twice. She had almost a complete hysterectomy when she was 32. They eventually took out her remaining ovary when she was 65.

Second, I find it typical that the miracle of medicine has created a blue pill to help men with erectile dysfunction "get it up and get it on" when half (more or less) or the human race is female and could use a similar amount of attention. My old love from college recently wrote that she probably holds the world record for the fastest menopause on record. (Personally, I think she was just too distracted to notice.) She's now dealing with not only a low sex drive, but when she does get lucky she has to deal with vaginal dryness as well. Wimmin have it rough.

westy30004

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Funny story here...sorry if someone else has posted it....a little old lady in church once told me (in her sweet southern voice) a hysterectomy was taking the baby carriage out while leaving the play pen in....it was really funny when she said it...

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well, I'm sending positive karmic bullets out to all of you curious and fabulous female-types, because you deserve them. Poor Miss Partz -- what I call still call my old girlfriend from college because sometimes she would complain that all the parts weren't working in unison -- anyway, Miss Partz is one of the most intelligent people on the planet. But she suffered PMS so bad that she'd get pissed primarily because her menstrual cycles fucked with her ability to feel normal. I have a series of snap shots of her trying to put a spring-bar tent during a camping trip. She got it together. Looked at it. Realized it wasn't the correct shape. Got pissed off. Took it apart. Put it back together again and it was still wrong. Last photo is of her running away with her hands straight up in the air. Now it seems funny to both of us. At the time the poor woman was in complete mental torture. Bless you all. How you pull off having and raising families is beyond my ken.

Ohioguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When my wife and I were engaged to be married she had endrometris and went into the hospital for exploratory surgery. She woke up with a complete hysterectomy. I remember the surgeon when he came out put his arm on my shoulder and told me that he made things nice and tight down there for me. The surgery did cause physcological problems. We adopted our children. At times my wife complained about my being to big, but eventually I must have stretched things down there. I always told her that I was never going to have a kid tell her that she wasn't its' real Mom without telling me that I wasn't the real Dad. So I rejected surrogate mother programs. Things worked out for us with the exception of her family. Her mother felt that our kids weren't her real grandchildren and made sure everything she had went to her twin sister.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes soe people can be so mean it isnt even of this planet some times, would be hard to belive what i have herd told me sence ive had my hystrecomy, but im still here enjoying life and sex so it can be done,