I already got denied for SSDI!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MidwestGal, Jul 14, 2007.

1. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    I never even had a face to face interview. They f'ing say I can still work as an opticial which is bullshit. I need my ENT to submit another and updated form stating he is sending me on for surgical intervention and to get a damn lawyer.

I always thought they give you at least a face to face interview before even deciding.

Looks like I will be fighting this tooth and nail. Some of the paperwork they filled out for Dept of Unemployment for the state wasn't in my medical record to, which said apply for disability, unable to work indefinately!

It's bad enough my ENT fucked up the state stuff and didn't put he was referring me for further treatment. They WILL get a call on Monday.

Good news is I have my first appt Monday at the ENT at Barnes Jewish so I can get going on my surgery or find out if there are any clinical trials going on.

2. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Sorry to hear about the setback. It's good to know you aren't giving up.

3. dong20

Gold Member

What's SSDI?

I'm assuming it's not the Social Security Death Index.

4. snoozan

Gold Member

This is how the system works. I'm not surprised at all because so many people I know had this happen. Re-apply. Get an attorney this time. You'll eventually get it, just keep fighting.

5. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:

Social Security Disability Income.

6. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    Thanks Hickboy, no I will never give up. I paid taxes into this system since I was 12 years old. I am too strong of a person to let them tell me Im not going to get the benefits I deserve and just give up!

I expect the process to take a couple of years at least.

7. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    Correct and thanks for answering this!

8. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:

Thank you and I will!

9. Hatched69

Hatched69 Member

Albums:
    Be persistent and make photocopies (when possible) of EVERY piece of paper!!! I have a friend who just got his SSDI just last year after 2 years' worth of hassle. If he hadn't made copies (they conveniently "lose" your paperwork continuously) he'd still be fighting for it. Best of luck to you!!:smile:

10. Love-it

Gold Member

Stay strong.

11. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I'm fairly certain that it's the same over there that it is here.

Some of our government agencies and private insurance companies (you won't believe this, but it's sickening and true) actually train their processing agents to deny ALL first-time claims. They do this for two reasons: to delay payment, and to create/maintain jobs within their system. Every single claim that has to be re-submitted creates more job security for the agency involved, and keeps funds coming in rather than going out.

Hang in there, don't take "no" for an answer, and DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! Keep a journal of every detail including who you talk to (always ask for a name if they don't give it), when, what you ask for, what they tell you, paperwork you submit... leave out no detail. Photocopy everything you send out and receive.

12. Onslow

Gold Member

And there's a third reason as well. The frustration which having to reapply creates. Over the years, working with persons who are homeless or elsewise disenfranchised; I have noted the number of persons who have said "screw it!". This has applied to everything from basic Welfare payments, (in some locations such as New York City equaling $68.50 every two weeks for a single person--less if they live in a shelter system where meals are supplied--which will also reduce food benefits (formerly food stamps). It's not just state and local government, but the feds as well looking to keep the numbers down and on the Federal level it is of course the SSD and SSI (Suplemental Security Inclome--also known as SSD-light, it is for those whio have not put all their quarters into the Social Security system and therefore cannot draw on their own earnings;but rather on those of others--this includes persons who are physically and/or mentally infirmed from birth, not just persons who had injuries or became ill in their teens or twenties). By keeping Welfare, SSD and SSI and Food Benefits (often known as food stamps, although with many it's a card which is swiped at the register and has money deducted), there are also medical benefits. Medicaid limits the number of prescriptions and doctor visits. Both can be added to, with a doctor's written over-ride. Many become frustrated and cut medical visits and many cut the number of pills they are supposed to take. for Medicare, there's a balance remaining of 20% after an E.R. visit--well, 20% of the government approved amount which can be staggering when x-rays, blood work, etc. are factored in.

I have watched as one person after another has decided that they have had enough and then take whatever the streets give them. Some are seen asking for money or food from passersby, others destroy their physical being further by attempting to work--and fail miserably and often end up on the streets or dead. Some are blessed with family to take them in; but even that is often only short term and ends sadly.

The bottom line is all government agencies love getting people off their rolls and equally enjoy the number who will crumble and not reapply. The good news is that in just about every large city there are agencies to turn to. If one is not in a large city, start with State and local representatives (county or town officials), then to congressional reps and of course Senators. Someone in all of this will have a guiding answer. The main thing is stck-to-it. Don't let the bureaucrats win.

Okay, end of response to DC_Deep, now back to Thatgal--STICK WITH IT! RE-APPLY! CONTACT ELECTED OFFICIALS! CHECK FOR LOCAL AGENCIES! DO NOT GIVE UP OR GIVE IN!

Draft saved Draft deleted