I always find it strange how men never work legs

40InchBooty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Men are mostly psychologically wired to want to have large arms because society deems it most attractive. Other men find it impressive and women think it's sexy. because of this when I go to the gym you see a lot of men with impressive arms but average or below average legs.

I've never been on for proportion so I think that people can do what they want. I don't work my upper body but I'm quite well build with broad shoulders and slim waist but, I do work my legs 3 times a week. I've always had big legs and they've gotten bigger so when I hit the gym chances are I have the biggest all-muscular legs for someone who is only 5' 6".

A lot of men who use my gym aren't bodybuilders, just men who want to be more attractive so proportion really goes of the window. I find it strange though seeing men with gorilla arms but average legs. Although, I'm sure men think I'm weird for having such a huge lower body.

5' 6" with a 30" waist, 40.5" glutes and 25.5" thighs

Reactions: g0nz0 and Frnkd213

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I sort of agree, but I am not sure it's really an 'aesthetic' choice with everyone. I am working my legs on two out of my five sessions at the moment, and I really feel it when I have given it my all. I would like them better. I don't think I look totally out of proportion yet, but it cold happen ...

But, the fact is, it's just more difficult for some men, including me, to make a real visible, sustainable difference on leg muscles - the chest and shoulders seem to respond more easily. I guess that's why it happens. I think reminding people, and trying to do separate days for legs, chest/tri, back/shoulders/bi etc does help, but maybe only a little ...

:confused:

Reactions: deleted3155011

BiAthlete

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Most don't work legs because they are the largest muscle group and hurts the most to train. Wimps ;) You can see the other extreme with cyclist, but they get respect due too the amount of pain they go through over large amounts of time spent at top speed.
I do think that at the very least you should tone the legs a bit with upper body workouts, but it does look odd with the big upper and no lower, Cartoonish maybe. If you look at a person out and about, and you see that they have a good set of legs on them, Chances are they are fit in the true scene of the word. Food for thought.

Moez???

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love leg day.

Legs are your foundation. If you aren't working legs, everything else will lag behind.

working out legs also gets your body to produce more testosterone than working out upper body muscle groups.

lastly, all muscles rely on each other. If you are ignoring legs and core, while going increasingly heavy in upper body, you are putting more strain on your hips and lower back.

Flexxx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have been very genetically gifted with huge legs and they grow strong and big. I seldom see others pushing themselves beyond what they can normally do. If you don't push your muscles they have no reason to get stronger and bigger.

40InchBooty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My current physique although it's hard to keep straight and take a photo.

attachment.php

bananaclubcock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In addition to looking weird, these guys' gym routines look really obsessive and boring. In the time I did the push workout in my full body push/pull split, about half an hour, I saw one sad middle-aged guy doing nothing but tricep pressdowns. Yes, his arms were bigger than mine, but his calves were about the size of my wrists. And that pressdown workout seemed like the most boring way to spend half an hour in the gym! Lame!

pwrdick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I lived in Sydney for a little more than a month before the big (gay) Mardi Gras celebration (an extended work assignment). Loved the locals (and they loved me, the short, horny muscular and nicely hung American). But it was shocking to notice the difference in the gay crowds in the final week of the Parade when all the American tourists flooded in. They were instantly identifiable with pumped up chests, thick shoulders & arms but relatively skinny legs. Had not noticed before then how nicely and naturally proportional the Aussies were. Glad I always maintained a good overall workout regime.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
There's a guy at our gym who is always in a tank top... And pants. I call him Pecasaurus Rex because he's all upper body. You can see his track pants just swinging around the toothpicks underneath. Whack. I can't imagine putting all that time and effort into one area of your body and *completely* neglecting the rest. Kind of a joke if you ask me.

MilkDaddy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
People have different aesthetics when it comes to proportions too. I'm sure many of the guys are as you say, curls for girls..etc. But, others may actually like that look even though others do not. Some guys love hulk proportions from their neck to their toes and yet others do not. Most of us are somewhere in between, and all face various genetic factors, some that help, some that don't.

j84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There's a guy at our gym who is always in a tank top... And pants. I call him Pecasaurus Rex because he's all upper body. You can see his track pants just swinging around the toothpicks underneath. Whack. I can't imagine putting all that time and effort into one area of your body and *completely* neglecting the rest. Kind of a joke if you ask me.

Not only does it look silly as you said, but it's also a good way to develop chronic knee, hip and ankle pain down the line if one continues to distribute their muscle mass in such an inproportionate way for an extended period of time.

dfresh3

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love training legs, but with a knee surgery and terrible calf genetics my legs majorly lack. Mostly my calves. My butt and upper thighs are in line with the rest of me

AlexDB9

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When I first started working out in Jr. High, I'd hear a lot of guys say that working out legs and ass was for girls. I've never had to worry as I have naturally thick legs but what a huge turnoff to see someone shaped like Mighty Mouse.

Reactions: SillyGayBoy

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Question for the OP: Why don't you work your upper body? Don't you want to keep that broad build and tone / define it more?

I agree with what j84 said about a good balance. Those knees and calves have to hold all that upper body up and you don't want them giving away on you.

My husband walks all the time at work (a lot) and he will walk/jog with me. He's got great legs. He also has a broad build, but I think I'd like for him to do weights with me, though he declines. He still looks good to me. :smile:

Reactions: SillyGayBoy

LargeUnit

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Always funny to see men-- especially older that have absolutely no ass.......
I can't imagine having no ass-- and believe me- my genetics did not bless me with naturally large legs--
Hard work, dedication, squats and deadlift have put me where I'm at!!!