I always find it strange how men never work legs

40InchBooty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Men are mostly psychologically wired to want to have large arms because society deems it most attractive. Other men find it impressive and women think it's sexy. because of this when I go to the gym you see a lot of men with impressive arms but average or below average legs.

I've never been on for proportion so I think that people can do what they want. I don't work my upper body but I'm quite well build with broad shoulders and slim waist but, I do work my legs 3 times a week. I've always had big legs and they've gotten bigger so when I hit the gym chances are I have the biggest all-muscular legs for someone who is only 5' 6".

A lot of men who use my gym aren't bodybuilders, just men who want to be more attractive so proportion really goes of the window. I find it strange though seeing men with gorilla arms but average legs. Although, I'm sure men think I'm weird for having such a huge lower body.

5' 6" with a 30" waist, 40.5" glutes and 25.5" thighs

Reactions: g0nz0 and Frnkd213

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Women are attracted to lean and athletic physiques <snip>

Of course there are exceptions and this is a big generalization, but most women that say they like fit guys are referring to something like this:
38f98bb72059c219d5fd27079c108f12.jpg

Ryan07.jpg
14791232580250.jpg

This is what many men seem to think women want:
7007636415_43e3c23e0e.jpg
bbc459c3076e55b36e79625958c2816d.jpg
arms-pecs-abs-huge-muscles.jpg

There's nothing wrong with looking like that if that makes you happy, or to impress other men, but the majority of women don't think it's attractive.

Moez???

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love leg day.

Legs are your foundation. If you aren't working legs, everything else will lag behind.

working out legs also gets your body to produce more testosterone than working out upper body muscle groups.

lastly, all muscles rely on each other. If you are ignoring legs and core, while going increasingly heavy in upper body, you are putting more strain on your hips and lower back.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's very kind of you.

Of all the people who I'd like to be able to emulate, body wise, you're near the top of the list :)

Now I'm blushing. :oops: :D

This is the guy I want to look like. Unfortunately he got busted for PEDs.

13e2a-1410872951_ca638df82d_o.jpg

Flexxx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My legs are naturally quite large and strong. The trouble with strong legs is that you have to push a ton of weight to work them hard. While the muscles can take the pounding my joints (hips and knees) can't always withstand the weight that is placed upon them.

bananaclubcock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In addition to looking weird, these guys' gym routines look really obsessive and boring. In the time I did the push workout in my full body push/pull split, about half an hour, I saw one sad middle-aged guy doing nothing but tricep pressdowns. Yes, his arms were bigger than mine, but his calves were about the size of my wrists. And that pressdown workout seemed like the most boring way to spend half an hour in the gym! Lame!

pwrdick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I lived in Sydney for a little more than a month before the big (gay) Mardi Gras celebration (an extended work assignment). Loved the locals (and they loved me, the short, horny muscular and nicely hung American). But it was shocking to notice the difference in the gay crowds in the final week of the Parade when all the American tourists flooded in. They were instantly identifiable with pumped up chests, thick shoulders & arms but relatively skinny legs. Had not noticed before then how nicely and naturally proportional the Aussies were. Glad I always maintained a good overall workout regime.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
There's a guy at our gym who is always in a tank top... And pants. I call him Pecasaurus Rex because he's all upper body. You can see his track pants just swinging around the toothpicks underneath. Whack. I can't imagine putting all that time and effort into one area of your body and *completely* neglecting the rest. Kind of a joke if you ask me.

Khegan

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sometimes it's genetics. I have a lanky/skinny build and my works mostly revolve around squats and deadlifts; I breeze through my upper body exercises JUST TO FOCUS ON MY SQUATS/DEADLIFTS....yet I STILL get hit with the occasional "Bro, did you skip leg day" which in turn triggers the most anxiety ridden existential crisis I've experienced.

What the FUCK do you mean?! I pretty much focus on the lower body :(
Even if you are a hard-gainer in the legs, it should be obvious that you do work them out and just don't have the mass.
From what I can see of your pic (I'm not gold) it looks like your legs have some definition, they just aren't massive. People shouldn't be ragging on you about your legs, they look great, IMO.

Now if you're this guy... (that is assuming that he isn't recovering from some sort of injury that allowed his legs to atrophy)
leg-day13.jpg

BiAthlete

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Most don't work legs because they are the largest muscle group and hurts the most to train. Wimps ;) You can see the other extreme with cyclist, but they get respect due too the amount of pain they go through over large amounts of time spent at top speed.
I do think that at the very least you should tone the legs a bit with upper body workouts, but it does look odd with the big upper and no lower, Cartoonish maybe. If you look at a person out and about, and you see that they have a good set of legs on them, Chances are they are fit in the true scene of the word. Food for thought.