F

F1t

I'm in my early 20's and I did legs 3x a week until a knee injury

40InchBooty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Question for the OP: Why don't you work your upper body? Don't you want to keep that broad build and tone / define it more?

I agree with what j84 said about a good balance. Those knees and calves have to hold all that upper body up and you don't want them giving away on you.

My husband walks all the time at work (a lot) and he will walk/jog with me. He's got great legs. He also has a broad build, but I think I'd like for him to do weights with me, though he declines. He still looks good to me. :smile:

I find upper body work boring and I like the look of large legs on a broad frame. I may post a photo at some point. I did try working my arms and chest yesterday but due to an old injury my right shoulder gets tired very, very quickly and on my 3rd rep on the bench press my right shoulder would rise but my left would.

Besides this, I want to keep my upper body reasonably slim to make my legs look bigger. I get complimented on my shoulders and arms though, somehow.

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Men who actually play sports that require explosiveness work their legs. If they don't work their legs, at least you know you can take them in a fight. The bigger they are, the slower they'll be :biggrin1:

Men are mostly psychologically wired to want to have large arms because society deems it most attractive. Other men find it impressive and women think it's sexy. because of this when I go to the gym you see a lot of men with impressive arms but average or below average legs.

I've never been on for proportion so I think that people can do what they want. I don't work my upper body but I'm quite well build with broad shoulders and slim waist but, I do work my legs 3 times a week. I've always had big legs and they've gotten bigger so when I hit the gym chances are I have the biggest all-muscular legs for someone who is only 5' 6".

A lot of men who use my gym aren't bodybuilders, just men who want to be more attractive so proportion really goes of the window. I find it strange though seeing men with gorilla arms but average legs. Although, I'm sure men think I'm weird for having such a huge lower body.

5' 6" with a 30" waist, 40.5" glutes and 25.5" thighs

Hieronymous

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is definitely a percentage of men who focus solely on their upper bodies; however, I think that percentage is far less than it used to be. It does look rather incongruous to see a heavily muscled torso on a man with thin, skinny legs. From admittedly anecdotal evidence, it does seem that the squat racks at the gym are often taken, and I find myself having to wait or ask if I can work in. This compared to 10 or 15 years ago when I could walk in at any time of day and have the rack to myself. Back then, you'd get all these crazy looks when you started doing deadlifts in the corner of a popular gym. Now it's so common, no one gives you a second glance.

Fitness and training have changed a lot over the years, which I think would be another good thread topic to explore. Running and aerobics classes used to be the predominant activities; now you have spin classes, crossfit, functional training, and others. I think the ideal body has changed, too. Both for men and women. And it continues to change--look at the sudden rise in popularity of the "dad bod." Very interesting to think about.

Reactions: steel33

WillyLong

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Years ago, the guy with the skinniest legs and the biggest upper body and arms (for his height and weight), told me he could leg press over a thousand pounds. I said, "I gotta see this."

So, after he loaded up the leg press machine, he called me over to watch. Just as I suspected, he braced the palms of his hands against his skinny lower thighs, just above the knees, and cranked out a few arms-assisted thousand pound leg presses.

Even though I wanted to say "It's not a leg press if you're using your arms", I just stood there stone-faced. I held back my desire to laugh in his face and confront him.

Once he re-racked the weights, I said, "Good job", and walked away.

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Fitness and training have changed a lot over the years, which I think would be another good thread topic to explore. Running and aerobics classes used to be the predominant activities; now you have spin classes, crossfit, functional training, and others. I think the ideal body has changed, too. Both for men and women. And it continues to change--look at the sudden rise in popularity of the "dad bod." Very interesting to think about.

I agree, that would be a great thread! Care to start it?

lasolasbud

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I call it the Flamingo Effect and it’s not attractive. It’s just not a good look but it’s very American for some reason. So why do men do it? Well, my guess is laziness and ease. The bicep is a very small muscle and you can get results in a very short time. You buy a short sleeve shirt and suddenly you look physically fit and sexy.

Now legs are a different story; the legs are more complex and made up of several small to large muscles. They also support your entire body and will require hard work to develop them further. Guys who are genetically gifted with great legs have an edge and that sucks; I hate them.

There’s nothing more unattractive than skinny legs and a tiny dick. And if you work your legs chances are you got a great ass too. A well-developed lower body indicates someone is truly taking care of themselves and not superficial. My cock gets hard when I see great calves.

D_22

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sweet! I just realized there's a fitness section now!

But yeah, I love working out legs. Sadly my legs are the toughest to develop. It's due to this and having to work on them so much that I gain a bigger appreciation for working them out. They are definitely my stubborn parts, especially my calves, and I'm determined to pump them up.

bothhands

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My gym has some very big built guys that go there, and its the same with most of them they don't work legs or if they do its not that often. I love working legs its 1 on my favorite days.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Men are mostly psychologically wired to want to have large arms because society deems it most attractive. Other men find it impressive and women think it's sexy. because of this when I go to the gym you see a lot of men with impressive arms but average or below average legs.

I've never been on for proportion so I think that people can do what they want. I don't work my upper body but I'm quite well build with broad shoulders and slim waist but, I do work my legs 3 times a week. I've always had big legs and they've gotten bigger so when I hit the gym chances are I have the biggest all-muscular legs for someone who is only 5' 6".

A lot of men who use my gym aren't bodybuilders, just men who want to be more attractive so proportion really goes of the window. I find it strange though seeing men with gorilla arms but average legs. Although, I'm sure men think I'm weird for having such a huge lower body.

5' 6" with a 30" waist, 40.5" glutes and 25.5" thighs

not only that but the neck as well it's something that is ignored... I gifted with very large legs my self 27" quads and 16" calves without working out

Last edited:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
not only that but the neck as well it's something that is ignored... I gifted with very large legs my self 27" quads and 16" calves without working out
Most guys I know at the shop who are into weightlifting seriously eschew lower body workouts in favor of UPPER BODY. Really hurts 'em too because when they have to lift heavy merchandise into peoples vehicles i always see them buckle. I kinda get my own workout doing it myself when I can't get to GOLD'S GYM, tho with the diet I'm reluctantly coerced with, I gotta work on firming up those calves.

GB123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yea it is odd, so many guys in my gym have amazing upper bodies and scrawny chicken legs it's quite funny when the sun comes out and they all parade around in shorts.

I guess legs can be a pain in the ass to workout cause they are a big muscle group and really exhaust you, I assume this is why many dont work them just due to laziness.

It's taken me a while but I love working legs and love the feeling of being completely f***ed afterwards, feels like I've actually done something. :)

bar4doug

Loved Member
Media
I always thought that people didn't work out the lower body simply because it is clothed most of the time... meaning, others do not "see" your efforts as readily as those achieved working out the upper body.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whenever I see guys with physiques like this, I always think of what my mom said about my household chores when i was a kid;"Half a job, half done right!"
I mean, doesn't it occur to them that only half completed is incongruent?

40InchBooty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well I'm proud to have a 31" waist, huge 41.25" hips and 27ish" thighs. It's fun being complimented by women for having a nice huge bum and making people speechless.