I always find it strange how men never work legs

JackDoff

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course there are exceptions and this is a big generalization, but most women that say they like fit guys are referring to something like this:
View attachment 663173
View attachment 663174 View attachment 663175

This is what many men seem to think women want:
View attachment 663178 View attachment 663179 View attachment 663180

There's nothing wrong with looking like that if that makes you happy, or to impress other men, but the majority of women don't think it's attractive.

It's a big problem in the field of bodybuilding - body dis-morphia. Men thinking they're smaller than they are, muscular wise, my wife says I don't realise how big I am, I was always tall and skinny so that's pretty much how I see myself, the reality is I'm somewhere in between the the 2 sets of photos you posted. I'm 6'3" and weigh about 230lbs and fairly lean but nowhere near competition lean. In my avatar I was at my lightest for years circa 216lbs.

Of course the above applies to women too, my wife struggled with bulimia when I first met her because an older friend kept telling her she was fat, in reality she was better looking but the so called friend was spiteful. We struggled through it together, but that's another story and going off topic. Hardly fat and in my eyes a sex bomb https://www.lpsg.com/threads/my-milf-wife.459585/

Reactions: FastNHard

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dont+skip+leg+day_b8726e_6582525.jpg

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's a big problem in the field of bodybuilding - body dis-morphia. Men thinking they're smaller than they are, muscular wise, my wife says I don't realise how big I am, I was always tall and skinny so that's pretty much how I see myself, the reality is I'm somewhere in between the the 2 sets of photos you posted. I'm 6'3" and weigh about 230lbs and fairly lean but nowhere near competition lean. In my avatar I was at my lightest for years circa 216lbs.

Of course the above applies to women too, my wife struggled with bulimia when I first met her because an older friend kept telling her she was fat, in reality she was better looking but the so called friend was spiteful. We struggled through it together, but that's another story and going off topic. Hardly fat and in my eyes a sex bomb My milf wife
I'm sort of the same way I think. I've always been taller and long skinny limbs. Day one of training I was 128/129 pounds, 4.5 years later my Dr. scale just the other day I was 180. Fairly lean overall but do have way more gut than I want, jacked up cortisol will do that. 5'11, 175-180 at 13% bf was my last known about four months ago. I still feel as if I'm that 130 pound guy, I look in the mirror and just see a skinny guy. sucks!

jimmymac4

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I find we live in a society now where some people who care about or notice legs now wouldn’t have as much years before. Legs / squatting seem to be hyped to the max at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, I think a good pair of legs - especially well defined quads - are respectable but I also know people who NEVER train legs and naturally have bulky looking legs. And others who do, but struggle to grow big calves or thighs. I train in a sports specific and functional manner so i’m less about aesthetics as I am about having a body that is fast, agile and functionally strong. I’m naturally slim, my back and chest grow fast, but arms and legs.... HA! That being said, I don’t neglect them. But by the image most people seem obsessed with, I probably look like I do. So it’s silly, but that has made me want to train them mor for aesthetics for a bit as opposed to my style of training for strength and sports. But when people say ‘do you even train legs’ to others, I find myself inclined to think what style of training said person does or if they just say that because everyone says that now. Most guys I kickbox with or those who do functional training with me have legs which probably look average or even below, but fuuuuck they are strong. And have a lot of strength endurance. Yes, a well proportioned upper half and a less equal lower half looks out of place, but for others with smaller legs... it doesn’t mean we don’t train them, we just might not train them in the same way someone who body builds does. I knew a personal trainer who was no bigger than about 5’5 and wasn’t muscle bound or anything, but my god he could squat heavy, deadlift heavy, leg press heavy. And leg wise was stronger than his 6ft plus, heavily tattooed bodybuilder colleague who resembled 50 Cent. But, on the streets, the latter would be assumed to be the one that trained legs, whereas the smaller guy you’d probably think skipped it. They trained differently. And were genetically gifted in their own individual ways. So I mainly only question guys I know who openly admit to not training legs...like ever (that I really can’t get into my head but hey, each to their own), as opposed to ones that don’t have the ‘look’, because not everyone trains to look big, but that doesn’t mean they don’t train ‘em...

icepick

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love doing legs when I hit that sweet spot of pushing outside my comfort zone but not so far I wear myself out the rest of the day. When I get it right, I feel great. If guys are too absorbed in upper body work to give the lower body some love, it's their loss.

JackDoff

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sort of the same way I think. I've always been taller and long skinny limbs. Day one of training I was 128/129 pounds, 4.5 years later my Dr. scale just the other day I was 180. Fairly lean overall but do have way more gut than I want, jacked up cortisol will do that. 5'11, 175-180 at 13% bf was my last known about four months ago. I still feel as if I'm that 130 pound guy, I look in the mirror and just see a skinny guy. sucks!

All about self image isn't it? What or how we see our selves in our formative years tends to mold us for life. We can change physically and mentally if we choose too. Dude that's a 50lb gain might not be all lean muscle mass but it's gain and shirt filling, don't over think this shit, just be better than you were and don't compare with anyone else.

tad drunk! on another note after nearly cutting my finger off in an accident late last year I had surgery and couldn't train then started back in the new year only to have a suicide in the family which has resulting in me falling back into bad habits, drugs, drink crap food and so on. I haven't trained properly in nearly a year, I hate the way I look, the way I feel, the way I no longer fill my shirts etc. but fuck it other things reign higher at the moment but I'm planning my come back.

Sorry went off topic slightly - keep going strive to be a better you not a better someone else

Reactions: FastNHard

I enjoy leg day and add exercises for parts of the leg I feel are lagging throughout the week.

Bondi

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’ll rotate in a few variations of squats, in pursuit of a cute perky ass, but if I worked my legs much more than that, I’d never find pants that fit my thighs. I’ve been blessed/cursed with solid legs.

nice_guy_here

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I refuse to let clothing manufacturers get in the way of training my legs - it just means that my trousers never fit right - too big on the waist, too tight on the thigh.

Leg day is my favourite day - if you pick "International Chest Day" (ie. Monday's) as your leg day, the squat rack is always free, there are always plates for the leg press and no-one is using the lifting platform either :)

Sometimes it's genetics. I have a lanky/skinny build and my works mostly revolve around squats and deadlifts; I breeze through my upper body exercises JUST TO FOCUS ON MY SQUATS/DEADLIFTS....yet I STILL get hit with the occasional "Bro, did you skip leg day" which in turn triggers the most anxiety ridden existential crisis I've experienced.

What the FUCK do you mean?! I pretty much focus on the lower body :(

Reactions: deleted3155011

Khegan

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sometimes it's genetics. I have a lanky/skinny build and my works mostly revolve around squats and deadlifts; I breeze through my upper body exercises JUST TO FOCUS ON MY SQUATS/DEADLIFTS....yet I STILL get hit with the occasional "Bro, did you skip leg day" which in turn triggers the most anxiety ridden existential crisis I've experienced.

What the FUCK do you mean?! I pretty much focus on the lower body :(
Even if you are a hard-gainer in the legs, it should be obvious that you do work them out and just don't have the mass.
From what I can see of your pic (I'm not gold) it looks like your legs have some definition, they just aren't massive. People shouldn't be ragging on you about your legs, they look great, IMO.

Now if you're this guy... (that is assuming that he isn't recovering from some sort of injury that allowed his legs to atrophy)
leg-day13.jpg