I am a stunning headturner...

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
... in some countries that I visit but here where I live (Paris, France), I am invisible, why is that? :confused:

Anyone else notice being more attractive in other places?

idesofmarch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not a stunning headturner, but men from the middle east seem to be slightly more attracted to me than the finnish guys. Here I'm just regarded as a gipsy who betrayed the tribe, going to work everyday and other boring things.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think often we might give off a different vibe or attitude when we are traveling or on holiday; than in our daily routines where we live and work.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Absolutely! In Asia, I'm an ugly girl and there are parts of America that make me feel like I'm a supermodel.

Where do you think I prefer to live? :tongue:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am a stunning headturner...
=================
... in some countries that I visit but here where I live (Paris, France), I am invisible, why is that? :confused:

Anyone else notice being more attractive in other places?

Yeah. I know invisible all too well. :smile:

Well. I will say that maybe in your hometown...people know you. And you probably have a reputation. If you have a reputation...and people know who you are and what you are all about...then, people will be like, "Oh yeah, there is dongalong. We know this...We know that about him...because he is a local."

But if you travel outside your normal digs and into new places...you are a mystery. You will probably attract more people to you because you are a new guy.

In a way, familiarity breeds contempt. Unfamiliarity can bring affinity.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used to be a stunner headturner. I definately "din't" like the attention by some men. (Gay men at the club...can be a bit too much.)

I stopped going to the gym partly because of that. The other reason I stopped going to the gym...I wasn't gaining the mass in my legs like I wanted. I wanted sexy calves. All I was getting was skinny.:frown1:
I had high metabolism.

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my hometown in the US midwest, I am also invisible. A fairskinned black person, the white guys don't give me the time of day as racial issues are polarised and the black guys assume that I am stuck up.

On the east coast and in Europe, no one is sure where I am from and I get loads of attention even from white Americans. The guy I'm going out with now, a white guy from upstate NY thought I might be Medditeranean or Jeiwsh before he spoke to me.

I'm surprised you're not getting any play in Paris where it's very dvierse. I think for the most part, a brunette doesn't do too well in Italy or Spain and a blonde doesn't do too well in Northern Europe, since opposites attract.

But maybe it's unwanted attention you're getting and so you don't remember it.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyone I meet from the UK or Europe takes to my looks, and calls me handsome and I seem to get rave reviews. I was always pretty invisible to my own countrymen though.

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i've turned some heads before, but unfortunately they were the wrong heads....

... "Gay men at the club...can be a bit too much"

agreed.... my first experience at a gay club, i literally had to slam a guy against a wall just so he would take his hands off me.... i worked in a gay bar for a short time, and was downright groped by a few people.... if it wasn't for the fact that we have laws, i'd have turned a few heads back in to place with the help of beer bottles....

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm a well-written page-turner. I just can't put me down.
I can see you being associated with down..:tongue: The other word would be going....

As petite said, different cultures like different things. In Thailand the men like light skinned girls. There are many dark skinned girls who the locals won't touch. European men come in and have their pick of them.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm. so paris doesn't seem to care for your looks huh?
where have you been that you feel your looks are appreciated?
what features about yourself do you like? which features do you
enjoy other people noticing?

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
With me..it all depends on if there are other people around, who I'm with and where I'm at:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

D

deleted15807

since opposites attract

That's it right there. In Northern Europe where you'll see more fair skinned blue eyes and blond hair the opposite (swarthy skin/dark hair) may pull in way more attention. The brain loves variety. Imagine hamburger every day.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In my hometown in the US midwest, I am also invisible. A fairskinned black person, the white guys don't give me the time of day as racial issues are polarised and the black guys assume that I am stuck up.

Oh, you got the haters too. When I was in high school...the darker complected black peeps hated me. (I din't know what the problem was. And the problem din't end in college. I wasn't mean to any of them either.)

On the east coast and in Europe, no one is sure where I am from and I get loads of attention even from white Americans. The guy I'm going out with now, a white guy from upstate NY thought I might be Mediterranean or Jewish before he spoke to me.

The Mediterranean peeps...they don't discriminate as much. I knew a Greek guy named Kostas. That guy was obsessed with African-American girls. (He was really sexy, very hirsute...cleft chin...but he has a tiny dick but massive balls.

I'm surprised you're not getting any play in Paris where it's very diverse.

Parisians are diverse...but they are sophisticated and selective. That is probably a cultural thing.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I'm surprised you're not getting any play in Paris where it's very dvierse. I think for the most part, a brunette doesn't do too well in Italy or Spain and a blonde doesn't do too well in Northern Europe, since opposites attract.
I'd describe myself as quite good looking - I'm mixed race but look mostly European
I think that part of the problem might be "city defence mode" - women choose to avoid any eye contact when in the street.
Exceptions to this are when I am with another girl or when they are far away. I also noticed that I get more attention when I am smartly dressed.
I can understand their concerns, but Paris seems to be the city where I feel the most invisible and unattractive - London is much better for example.

Last edited:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd describe myself as "quite good looking" - I'm mixed race but look mostly European
I think that part of the problem might be "city defence mode" - women choose to avoid any eye contact when in the street.
Exceptions to this are when I am with another girl or when they are far away. I also noticed that I get more attention when I am smartly dressed.
I can understand their concerns, but Paris seems to be the city where I feel the most invisible and unattractive - London is much better for example.

I hate to say this but perhaps with much of the animosity towards North Africans and those of Middle Eastern descent you may be considered "too close for comfort" .Perhaps there is a reason the "tragic mulatto" was considered tragic. I live on the East Coast in the US and I have had a fair amount of attention in my day, but I think it all of the above reasons people have listed for issues they have experienced may come into play. I have had haters, admirers and people who wanted me to be from other places.

DasLeezard

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never noticed being any more attractive, except once, when I FINALLY left my home state when I was 16, I finally got my first boyfriend.

Been all over the US... and I average about 3 people who are 'attracted' to me out of every 100 or so.