I am a weatherglass now!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ClaireTalon, Jul 27, 2007.

1. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

Just in case someone hasn't noticed it yet, I have been gone for nearly two weeks now.

The reason was a silly household accident, oh how I love those. I decided to move some of my belongings into Frank's shelves, he has cleared a little more space there for me, which actually required me heaving a box of books up a ladder. Being a trained engineer, I think I should know something about metastable balances and delicate centers of gravity. However, I didn't, and the ladder came down with me on it. Broke my left arm, near the shoulder.

I didn't get my arm plastered, instead I got an operation and some nice screws in my humerus (we know it as the bone in the upper arm). I've been released finally two days ago, and the good thing is: I'm a weatherglass now. I feel every change. Isn't that neat?

2. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sorry to hear about your injury, Claire. I did notice your absence while you were gone.

Ladder injuries are among the most common in emergency rooms. So, in addition to being a weather glass, you're also a statistic. :D

3. earllogjam

Gold Member

Claire, yeah missed you. I just thought you were just jetting around the world or something. Ooofff. That must have smarted. Sorry to hear about that. I have heard rumors that you can pick up radio stations with those screws. :smile:

Hope you are feeling better. Here are some virtual flowers for you.

Bouquet of Flowers on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

4. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

And that's why I don't go up ladders :) When I was much younger a rather clumsy friend of mine collected beer mats which she pinned up on her wall, her mum said if she took them down she'd decorate while a few of us went away to Greece. She got on a stool, fell and broke BOTH her wrists, she still insisted on coming away and we had to feed her, toilet her and help her dress - I wasn't on bum wiping duty fortunately, a friend is a friend but wiping someone else's bum is a friend too far.

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Wow, Claire, sorry.

In Iran, three people were arrested as enemies of Islam. One was a priest, another a lawyer and the last an engineer.

The three were led out to the center of the town square to have their arms chopped off. First was the priest. The executioner took aim with his axe but on the downswing he slipped on a pebble and he missed the priest entirely. The crowd roared in unison “It's Allah's will - let him go free.” And so he was released.

Next the Lawyer was placed on the block and again the the executioner slipped on the pebble and the blade missed the lawyer entirely. The crowd roared again, "It's Allah's will - let him go free."

Finally, the engineer was placed on the block. Just before the executioner was ready to chop her arms off she looked down and said “ Wait! I think I see what the problem is.”

I know. That wasn't funny but it was humerus.

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Haha, you got screwed in your humorous. (just kidding, making a joke, laughter is the best medicine. Please heal well and quickly!)

I did miss you. And oh, boy, what you have missed!

7. naughty

Gold Member

Oh Claire,

Sweetheart, I know that hurt! Isnt it the pits that we all are so far away we cant come over and help you out? I would send you a big cyber hug but I think even thinking about a hug is probably the last thing you need right now. Well, you do sorta have that vintage Lindsay Wagner thing going on so now it is a bit more legit! :biggrin1: Hug and Kisses.!

8. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

That sucks... hopefully it heals without any problems. Take it easy, and you know we will all be here when you need us. :) Get well soon girly.

9. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Going bionic are we? :tongue: I'm sorry to hear about your accident but glad nothing worse happened. Let Frank help you around the house for a while, OK? :smile:

10. Principessa

Gold Member

Damn I know that hurt like hell. I hope you heal well and quickly.

I noticed you were gone, but figured the trolls had run you off. :tongue:

:rolleyes: Groans :biggrin1:

11. viking1

Gold Member

Sorry to hear about that. Get well soon!

12. hypolimnas

hypolimnas Well-Known Member

Hi C, glad you are ok, and back.

"Send someone over quickly!" the old woman screamed into the phone. "Two naked men are climbing towards my bedroom window!"
    "This is the Fire Department, lady," the voice replied. "I'll have to transfer you to the Police Department."
    "No, it's YOU I want!" she yelled. "They need a longer ladder!"

---------------------

There was a man who wanted to measure a ladder.

He leaned the ladder against the wall and started measuring the ladder with a tape as he climbed up the ladder.

A little boy saw him half up the ladder and wondered what he was doing or rather, trying to do.

Little boy: Hi. What are u doing sir?

man: I'm trying to measure the ladder.

Little boy: Why did you have to lean the ladder against the wall to measure it? Why not place the ladder on the ground and measure it.

man: ... busted into laughter and said "You fool. I'm trying to measure the height and not the length".

13. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

god, what a dumb bitch.

no serious, nice to see you around again. yer one of my A list people here to read posts from, even though we don't know one another well. you can decode a TAF. :)

hope the arm heals well. hugz, rich.

14. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

That really feels great to hear all those kind words. Thanks to all of you, even if you're not quoted now.

I guess there's nothing worse than being a statistic. I guess someone with my life would be predestined for some other kind of accident, but it's always the simple things that kill you, right?

You could pick up radio stations with such screws, but then they'd require a length of 4'11. Now, I am tall, but I don't have an arm that long :eek:. However, thanks for the flowers, dear!

Yes, it was. I really missed such a comment.

Thank you too, honey. He really is a dear; he was away on business while this happened, and I had to leave a message for him on our answering machine so he knew what had happened upon his return. Now he's spoiling me, and I have to hold him back so he won't start feeding me.

I won't be run off by trolls. I run them off.

15. SteveHd

Gold Member

Claire, sorry to hear about your accident. Best wishes to your recovery.

I had noticed the absence. I'd figured you joined the group exodus. I overlooked this thread a few times. The title didn't make sense.:smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted