I am back after 5 days in the hospital!(m)

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
don't you all feel so blessed, lmao! Anyhow, I got a difinitive diagnosis of Vestibular Migranes. I was admitted for an abnormal EKG they thought i had a heart attack (I'm now 32, spent my birthday in the hospital). All my labs pretty much came back normal for cardiac stuff. No real signs of heart trouble.

The lead cardiologist came and spoke to me a couple of nights ago and called the cheif ENT resident and now he is on my case and will get something done about these vertigo attacks. I will have to go see neuro, but they will take care of me until I am seen and he will raise a stink and will be writing up several doctors as a result of my care.

I got accused of being drug seeking 15 min after being admitted to ER and asking for valium and zofran to stop the attack. Which is of course first line treatment! The ER doc said I was drug seeking, gave me benedryl which I didn't hold down or anything else until last night.

I have a long road ahead of me but now that I have a definitive diagnosis I should have a better chance at returning to a "semi-normal" life where I can raise my son. I am greatful at having these certain docs look out for me. I'm now on 5 new meds that I haven't taken before. I hope they work! I want to get better.

5 days in the hospital is a long time! This cheif resident spent 3 hours looking through my records and everything else and talked to his cheif which I will see before I go back to northern IL if I don't stay here for treatment. I will be here for at least 2 months more near St. Louis for treatment.

I found out tonight that my grandpa is septic and likely to die in the next few days and I can't even travel to him :( Please keep our family in your thoughts as I won't be able to attend the funeral. I have to stay within 1 hour of the hospital at all times.

My son cries for me several times a day and it's only been a week since he has been gone.

This is one time in my life I wish I had someone to share with besides online and people who want more than just sex. I feel so alone right now. I know I have friends but I wish I could be there for my mom and my son, it really tears me apart inside. As I am very close to my grandparents.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Glad to have you back and pleased that you finally seem to have some sort of firm diagnosis, it means you can begin to look into ways to control it. My whole family are migraine sufferers and one of the things I find particularly disturbing about it are that I sometimes have painless migraines which are very very strange, first I get an area in the middle of my field of vision where I can't see anything, then a very clear zig zag in the corner of my field of vision then the side of my face and tongue goes numb, I find these harder to cope with than the normal migraines I get with the associated pain and nausea.

Now you've found out what it is you'll know what it isn't and it's much easier to cope with what we know than what we don't know. Migraines often ease up a little as you get older so hopefull that'll happen to you.

I hope you get through this rough patch soon and start enjoying life as it should be enjoyed.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ThatGal, I am so pleased you have a diagnosis!! For me that is the crutial part in getting well. You can then get the correct treatment and be proactive in your wellness.

I am sorry your are having a hard time being away from your son. He is young but he will cope. Right now you need to focus on your health and be selfish for a while He is in good care, and kids are very resilient.

My thoughts are with your Grandfather, I hope he pulls through.
x
Honey

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I'm sorry you had to spend your birthday in the hospital, and I'm sorry that you might loose your grandfather. That is tragic that you cannot see him. I hope that you start to improve so that you can be reunited with your son. Being friendless at a time like this really will make you feel more helpless than you have to. Even though we are online.. we care about you. Please know that. We are rooting for you. :) I hope you have a better evening.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Welcome back,I hope you have a better birthday next year.
Doctors don't like their patients telling them which drugs to prescribe.They only want to hear your symptoms however much medical knowledge you may have.
My time in hospital really dragged too.I was glad to go to the operating theatre because I wanted to be unconcious for a few hours.
I hope things improve for you soon.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Glad to have you back and pleased that you finally seem to have some sort of firm diagnosis, it means you can begin to look into ways to control it. My whole family are migraine sufferers and one of the things I find particularly disturbing about it are that I sometimes have painless migraines which are very very strange, first I get an area in the middle of my field of vision where I can't see anything, then a very clear zig zag in the corner of my field of vision then the side of my face and tongue goes numb, I find these harder to cope with than the normal migraines I get with the associated pain and nausea.

Now you've found out what it is you'll know what it isn't and it's much easier to cope with what we know than what we don't know. Migraines often ease up a little as you get older so hopefull that'll happen to you.

I hope you get through this rough patch soon and start enjoying life as it should be enjoyed.

thanks for the info sp, I am the only one who has had a migrane and only once. This disease doesn't require anyone to have headaches to be causing the dizzy problems. I appreciate your imput I am looking into other options. Surgery is still an option if I have continual dizziness problems. We will cross that bridge after I do the drug therapy.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm sorry you had to spend your birthday in the hospital, and I'm sorry that you might loose your grandfather. That is tragic that you cannot see him. I hope that you start to improve so that you can be reunited with your son. Being friendless at a time like this really will make you feel more helpless than you have to. Even though we are online.. we care about you. Please know that. We are rooting for you. :) I hope you have a better evening.

thanks for the moral support TK! I will get through this like I get through everything else. Grandpa knows I love him and that is what is important. It is time I am selfish about my own health than everyone elses so I can get well enough to take care of my son

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
thanks for the moral support TK! I will get through this like I get through everything else. Grandpa knows I love him and that is what is important. It is time I am selfish about my own health than everyone elses so I can get well enough to take care of my son
As you should. You have to worry about yourself so you can get strong enough to tend to your sons needs.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
thanks Yorkie, I have read just about every article that this university has put out on inner ear diseases. I knew my facts down to percentages that is why the ENT guys took me so seriously.

My gosh I have 16 years in the medical field. I know something. I was a first responder/emt for 9 years eith over 10,000 hours of service and a phlebotomist for 12 years. I read genetics for the hell of it and just out of general interest. I educated myself to protect myself from stupid docs that don't keep up on their current ed.

It has in fact saved my life a good many times being so educated. I am more tha ever interested in going to med school and helping patients who don't have the voice or balls to get the treatment they need. Everyone deserves compassion, respect, and the best quality of care as possible~

thanks for your thoughts!

Kim

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ThatGal, I am so pleased you have a diagnosis!! For me that is the crutial part in getting well. You can then get the correct treatment and be proactive in your wellness.

I am sorry your are having a hard time being away from your son. He is young but he will cope. Right now you need to focus on your health and be selfish for a while He is in good care, and kids are very resilient.

My thoughts are with your Grandfather, I hope he pulls through.
x
Honey

thanks honey!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
don't you all feel so blessed, lmao! Anyhow, I got a definitive diagnosis of Vestibular Migranes. I was admitted for an abnormal EKG they thought i had a heart attack (I'm now 32, spent my birthday in the hospital). All my labs pretty much came back normal for cardiac stuff. No real signs of heart trouble.
Happy 32nd Birthday

*snip*

I got accused of being drug seeking 15 min after being admitted to ER and asking for valium and zofran to stop the attack. Which is of course first line treatment! The ER doc said I was drug seeking, gave me benedryl which I didn't hold down or anything else until last night. I was accused of the same thing when I went to my PCP's office with my 2nd bout of shingles in 3 years. I was seen by a new doc whom I suspect thought that any Black woman asking for drugs was a junkie. :mad: Even though I showed him the damned shingles blisters!

I have a long road ahead of me but now that I have a definitive diagnosis I should have a better chance at returning to a "semi-normal" life where I can raise my son. I am greatful at having these certain docs look out for me. I'm now on 5 new meds that I haven't taken before. I hope they work! I want to get better.

Vestibular Migraines? Wow, I have never heard of that. What is the treatment? What are the new meds? Isn't it a relief to finally have a correct diagnosis, even if it sucks. I felt the same way when they told me I had Grave's Disease 10 years ago. You should tell that veterinarian friend (and I use that word loosely) who thought you were faking your illness to stick it in her ear! :mad:

5 days in the hospital is a long time! Tell me about it! I spent a week in Jefferson Hospital in Philly back in 2003 hooked up to a video EEG machine to rule out epilepsy. This chief resident spent 3 hours looking through my records and everything else and talked to his chief which I will see before I go back to northern IL if I don't stay here for treatment. I will be here for at least 2 months more near St. Louis for treatment.

I found out tonight that my grandpa is septic and likely to die in the next few days and I can't even travel to him :( Please keep our family in your thoughts as I won't be able to attend the funeral. I have to stay within 1 hour of the hospital at all times. Sweet Jesus! I am sooo sorry honey. That is one of the worst, most impotent feeling to have.

My son cries for me several times a day and it's only been a week since he has been gone. :frown1: I wish I could help.

This is one time in my life I wish I had someone to share with besides online and people who want more than just sex. I feel so alone right now. I know I have friends but I wish I could be there for my mom and my son, it really tears me apart inside. As I am very close to my grandparents. The plight of the single girl, I get it...I live it too. :frown1:

Not to make things worse, but it took almost 10 years and how many doctors in two different states to finally come up with the correct diagnosis and treatment! This so totally pisses me off! :mad:

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
don't you all feel so blessed, lmao! Anyhow, I got a definitive diagnosis of Vestibular Migranes. I was admitted for an abnormal EKG they thought i had a heart attack (I'm now 32, spent my birthday in the hospital). All my labs pretty much came back normal for cardiac stuff. No real signs of heart trouble.
Happy 32nd Birthday
Thanks NJQT

*snip*

I got accused of being drug seeking 15 min after being admitted to ER and asking for valium and zofran to stop the attack. Which is of course first line treatment! The ER doc said I was drug seeking, gave me benedryl which I didn't hold down or anything else until last night. I was accused of the same thing when I went to my PCP's office with my 2nd bout of shingles in 3 years. I was seen by a new doc whom I suspect thought that any Black woman asking for drugs was a junkie. :mad: Even though I showed him the damned shingles blisters!

yeah it sucks when they think of you as faking considering I MOVED here for treatment of a balance disorder and my records were int he computer.

Vestibular Migraines? Wow, I have never heard of that. What is the treatment? What are the new meds? Isn't it a relief to finally have a correct diagnosis, even if it sucks. I felt the same way when they told me I had Grave's Disease 10 years ago. You should tell that veterinarian friend (and I use that word loosely) who thought you were faking your illness to stick it in her ear! :mad:

Hon do a google search, your diagnosis may be wrong as well. They said vestibular migranes are much more common than meniere's and the treatment IS so different!

5 days in the hospital is a long time! Tell me about it! I spent a week in Jefferson Hospital in Philly back in 2003 hooked up to a video EEG machine to rule out epilepsy. This chief resident spent 3 hours looking through my records and everything else and talked to his chief which I will see before I go back to northern IL if I don't stay here for treatment. I will be here for at least 2 months more near St. Louis for treatment.

I found out tonight that my grandpa is septic and likely to die in the next few days and I can't even travel to him :( Please keep our family in your thoughts as I won't be able to attend the funeral. I have to stay within 1 hour of the hospital at all times. Sweet Jesus! I am sooo sorry honey. That is one of the worst, most impotent feeling to have. Thanks we will get through it, grandpa has had a long and very productive life. He will be missed but I don't want him to suffer.

My son cries for me several times a day and it's only been a week since he has been gone. :frown1: I wish I could help. Thanks hon, I know you would if you could. My mom will bring him to see me as often as possible!

This is one time in my life I wish I had someone to share with besides online and people who want more than just sex. I feel so alone right now. I know I have friends but I wish I could be there for my mom and my son, it really tears me apart inside. As I am very close to my grandparents. The plight of the single girl, I get it...I live it too. :frown1: Yeah most guys won't give me half a chance because of my health problems. At least I take the inititive too look for the very best treatment possible so I can try to turn my life around for my son and I!

Not to make things worse, but it took almost 10 years and how many doctors in two different states to finally come up with the correct diagnosis and treatment! This so totally pisses me off! :mad:
Well at least now I am being treated by the 5th best ent clinic in the country.

My new meds are (well not all new) Nortriptiline, Atavan to control vomiting, Valium, now every 4 hours., Vicoden for pain, Soma-muscle relaxant, atarax, phenergan, ratitidine, mag ox, albuterol, meclizine, prednisone are the other. I was on several as needed before all of this started again this time.

Well I won't count how many docs. I don't know anymore. My old ENT did as much as he could with the info he had. He honestly thought is was one of the worst cases of Meniere's he had ever seen that is why he sent me looking for surgical intervention. He was very good to me and listened to my ideas such as treatment options.

Google vestibular Migranes and it should help. You don't even have to have headaches for that to be your problem but the treatment is different! Good luck Pat!