i am being discriminated against

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a left-hander, I'm discriminated against all the time. Not for serious things: I am not denied housing, a job, a seat on the bus. But I experience anti-lefty bias in the form of school desks that are unusable, carrot peelers that are useless, power tools (such as skill saws) that are dangerous or even life-threatening, pens that smear and make my writing illegible, computer mice that cause hand cramps. Teachers tried to force me to write with my right hand when I was a child; I used to stutter, and perhaps that was why.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
But regular scissors work just fine upside down, at least for me...and in baseball you are much sought after.

My son who stutters is right-handed. But do carry on. I love having reasons to feel weird. Which hand do you use for the computer mouse? I was compelled to use my right, and it still troubles me periodically.

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a left-hander, I'm discriminated against all the time. Not for serious things: I am not denied housing, a job, a seat on the bus. But I experience anti-lefty bias in the form of school desks that are unusable, carrot peelers that are useless, power tools (such as skill saws) that are dangerous or even life-threatening, pens that smear and make my writing illegible, computer mice that cause hand cramps. Teachers tried to force me to write with my right hand when I was a child; I used to stutter, and perhaps that was why.[/QUOT

You're story is very moving, but don't give up. Isn't the president
left handed.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
As a left-hander, I'm discriminated against all the time. Not for serious things: I am not denied housing, a job, a seat on the bus. But I experience anti-lefty bias in the form of school desks that are unusable, carrot peelers that are useless, power tools (such as skill saws) that are dangerous or even life-threatening, pens that smear and make my writing illegible, computer mice that cause hand cramps. Teachers tried to force me to write with my right hand when I was a child; I used to stutter, and perhaps that was why.

Learn to hold the pen different, a comp. mouse can be realigned, check the control panel, nearly every thing can be adjusted from ironing cords to lawn mower starters.

In the meanwhile there are places that sell nice friendly gadgets.
http://www.leftyscorner.com

Lefty's Left Hand | Left handed products store for left handers - All kind of left handed items

Biggest problem is them doorknobs, they don't even sayy which side s left and right.:mad:.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
pens that smear and make my writing illegible,
computer mice that cause hand cramps.
Teachers tried to force me to write with my right hand when I was a child;

Forced you to write with your right hand. :confused::eek:
That is from the dark ages when lefties were - "sinister" -
evil and possessed by the devil.
Your teachers were totally ignorant.

Your mouse buttons can be switched by going into the control panel (on Windows - sure Mac has that ability too)
or you could just use your left hand and get used to using standard clicking but in reverse (I do and it is totally second nature to me)

Smearing when you write?
Hebrew!

Charles Finn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
go visit Ned Flanders at the Leftorium in Springfield
my dad is left handed started out to be made to use right hand.
they make left handed scissors now go to any school they had them when I was in school

joshua_ste

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
^^^ Oh, Leonardo da Vinci, Alexander the Great, Michelangelo and Charlemagne were all lefties.

There are isolated cases of left-handed people being accused of witchcraft during the Middle Ages & after, but the type of personality that did this accusing is the same type of personality that will accuse Barack Obama of not having a valid U.S. birth certificate.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
i play alot of sports and i hate lefts.....but wish i was one....they have a natural advantage......boxing....people spar and train against rights all the time....fighting a lefty is like a whole new thing.

baseball....leftys hit right handed pitching better to....ball breaks to them and not away from them

basketball....better to block shots...cause your left hand is like a mirror to their right.........

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Then there's those of us who are really messed up, lol ... I write right-handed and am generally right dominant, but then for stuff like sports I bat and shoot hockey left handed, as well as how I hold a broom, rake, shovel, etc. As I said ... messed up!

Actually as I recall they make left handed computer mice. My best friend and room mate is left handed and gets along fine. Schools around here are required to have a number of left handed desks.

petetown

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
North Truro (Massachusetts, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Tragically, we leftys are, statistically, destined to die younger than our right handed buds. I can only do two things righty....golf and jack off. Everything else I'm hopelessly left handed at. Yes, our prez is a lefty. AND, the old fashioned carrot peelers work just fine for us lefties....it's the new ones that cause problems...

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
take up Boxing
stop bitching

honestly power tools are not a necessity...an axe, screw driver or hand saw is good either way
so if you are using power tools that are deisgned for right handers and can't 'handle' it you probubly don't have the part of the genetic code we really want being contributed to the future generations...
buy a wireless mouse etc
unusable school desks...cmon

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
As was George H.W. Bush, Reagan, Clinton, Ford, Truman, Garfeld and Herbert Hoover.

seriously?
I didn't know that
that's like what 4 of our last 5 presidents have been left handed
and you are like 15% of the population, it would seem we righty's are the ones there is a bias against!

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
That's right, TheRob, evolution will sort this out. Bring your daughter to the slaughter.

BTW Bruce Dickinson is right handed but fences left handed.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can use a skill saw left handed, just put the guide on the other side of the blade when adjusting! simples.

My grandad was left handed until he got it beat out of him in school, He said it made him more practical as he's now ambidextrous.