I am confused about my sexual orrientation...

B_bxmuscle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You don't need help. You just have to stop pressuring yourself to conform to an idealized norm; and be honest to yourself and whomever you may become close to. Take your time, think, talk to people you trust, don't either force yourself into some role or fall into denial. Your confusion will resolve itself if you simply live honestly and freely and stop looking for quick solutions to supposed problems that may not be problems at all.

brinzaulsschwul

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey, you're 19 still going through puberty hormones raging, sit back relax and go with the flow, there is absolutely no rush to make the sexuality decision. Have a good time with both sexes but don't forget a correctly fitting condom, so you don't end up with kids too early or and STI or HIV.

You seem to be sorting it out, just ask yourself who your most deeply felt attractions are for and you will get your answer.

If you are destined to end up with a man, there are lots of gay men who have children, if you are going to end up with a women - so be it.

If you end up with a man and a women - lucky them because you are taking time to sort out what you want and not what society wants of you and more people should do that. You will be the more rounded and balanced person for it

Brinz

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i feel the same way too. i'm attracted to men and women but i can't see myself having an emotional connection with a man.

I feel sorry for any and every gay or bisexual man who can't see himself having an emotional connection with another man, because I think it tends to indicate that they haven't had a real emotional connection with any man before, not a father, brother, uncle, cousin, best friend, etc. That's really sad. (I had the opposite experience: all kinds of women I didn't like, couldn't respect, some of them really awful people until my mid-20s, and to a lesser extent for the next 10 years. That was bad and sad, too, but having had much better relationships with males my entire life at least made it easier to be a gay adult.) So thus I think gay and bisexual men, especially young ones, need to make an effort to find other men, gay and straight and bisexual, to get to know who aren't assholes.

PhoenixInvictus

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Take it from me, there's no either or for you. You are bisexual. I know this from experience lol. I wont give you much advice b/c i see many people gave u some very good advice. When the right person comes along, you won't be able to walk away, I'll tell you this much. Ciao

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I feel sorry for any and every gay or bisexual man who can't see himself having an emotional connection with another man, because I think it tends to indicate that they haven't had a real emotional connection with any man before, not a father, brother, uncle, cousin, best friend, etc. That's really sad. (I had the opposite experience: all kinds of women I didn't like, couldn't respect, some of them really awful people until my mid-20s, and to a lesser extent for the next 10 years. That was bad and sad, too, but having had much better relationships with males my entire life at least made it easier to be a gay adult.) So thus I think gay and bisexual men, especially young ones, need to make an effort to find other men, gay and straight and bisexual, to get to know who aren't assholes.

Swede. you are so right on this one but here in the USA there are very few models for men being together romantically. And the ones that do exist seems strange to the majority of people. It's just not considered an option by the dominant culture. The difference seems to be in the major cities where younger guys can go to "find themselves" and maybe meet similar men. This is even true for some guys who identify as straight. They may want to explore some emotional intimacy with each other, not sexual, but find so many obstacles in their way. I hang with a very open-minded group of friends in Los Angeles who are totally accepting of other people's romantic choices but still seem a little confused when two boys who don't "appear" gay want to hook up. Hey, they just love each other. It happens. :biggrin1:

rainbowknight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There was a lot of good advice here, just let me add another bit.

You are not confused because you stated what it is that you wanted. Your only problem is how to be comfortable with the duality of your choices.

Like others have said, be true to yourself and the people that you become involved with.

schwulboy1989

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As you might see my sexual orrientation stands at 50% straight & 50% gay.
I really can't figure out what my sexual orrientation is, I need help.
I get turned on by guys, mostly. Girls a little bit less.
But then again, I really do have a feeling that I want to start my own family, to have kids, to snuggle and protect a woman. Idk, but for some reason I feel... Happy whenever i think about it?

I really am a confused mess

Don't focus on a label. Focus on being happy :)

boerkie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
you seem to still be young.
dont rush to put a label on who you are.
believe me, society will find a label for you soon enuff.
relax, be , or become, comfortable with all that makes up you.
enjoy that person. love that person.
and the vibe that emanates from a well adjusted,
self loving, ready to embrace the world in full acceptance ,
person WILL attract the right people. note, people. male and female.
dont shun a single soul.
embrace and enjoy each one that the universe bring your way.
love who you are. fuck knows, it shows!!!

D_Smidley Smelliepits

Account Disabled
Media
you have to think about yourself as yourself, not as someone with a label on. people usually need to classify others to control different situations, but nobody is actually that perfectly classified. seriously, enjoy your life your own way :)