I am living proof that everything you know is wrong.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd disagree with you on both of those counts. Just because the word
"liberal" is close to the word "liberty" does not mean that there is any
connection whatsoever. Far from it. I actually see liberalism as an
anti-freedom movement. Liberals favor bloated government bureaucracies
taking care of them, which means less freedom and more government control.

Also, no ONE person decides what is "conservative thinking", and neither does
the majority of self-proclaimed conservatives. I think that the only guide for
who is a conservative or not is how much government influencing their life. As for
me, I want little.

Actually etymology wins, :tongue:they are connected, and deeply so.
Liberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Words such as liberal, liberty, and libertarian all trace their history to the Latin liber, which means "free".[5] One of the first recorded instances of the word liberal occurs in 1375, when it was used to describe the liberal arts.[6] The word's early connection with the classical education of a medieval university soon gave way to a proliferation of different denotations and connotations. Liberal could refer to "free in bestowing" as early as 1387, "made without stint" in 1433, "freely permitted" in 1530, and "free from restraint"—often as a pejorative remark—in the 16th and the 17th centuries.[7]

You might actually be a libertarian conservative or a fiscal or traditional or national or you might even believe in "liberal conservatism". Yes it really is a school of thought.:tongue: :cool:

NightOwlGate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Actually etymology wins, :tongue:they are connected, and deeply so.
Liberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Words such as liberal, liberty, and libertarian all trace their history to the Latin liber, which means "free".[5] One of the first recorded instances of the word liberal occurs in 1375, when it was used to describe the liberal arts.[6] The word's early connection with the classical education of a medieval university soon gave way to a proliferation of different denotations and connotations. Liberal could refer to "free in bestowing" as early as 1387, "made without stint" in 1433, "freely permitted" in 1530, and "free from restraint"—often as a pejorative remark—in the 16th and the 17th centuries.[7]

You might actually be a libertarian conservative or a fiscal or traditional or national or you might even believe in "liberal conservatism". Yes it really is a school of thought.:tongue: :cool:
Libertarian =/= Liberal. Two WAY different things.

Etymology has nothing to do with the beliefs of liberals, sorry.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
who is a conservative or not is how much government influencing their life. As for
me, I want little.
Actually, that was what you said. Sorry I didn't interpret your mistyped post the way you intended. I edited out that line because it made no sense as typed. In a way, I was actually covering for your intellectual failures, rather than making myself seem smarter. Try to keep up, I'm helping you along and you're still losing. :wink:

And yes, the statement still stands. You declare that no one person can define a conservative, because you're for some reason much more unique than liberals I guess, but feel no problems asserting that all liberals want a "bloated government bureaucracy" taking care of them and all of their problems.

Have you considered that one of the examples you define as a "liberal" trait, that of supporting gay marriage, is actually asking for less government interference? The reason why the people can't get legally married is because the government stops them.

If you really feel that the rallying cry in any liberal gathering is for more and larger government, you are sadly mistaken. Most liberal ideals are set up about the equality of rights, and the only interference that they wish from the government on the matter is enforcement along those lines.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Libertarian =/= Liberal. Two WAY different things.

Etymology has nothing to do with the beliefs of liberals, sorry.
They have alot in common but, Uhm ok :rolleyes: I see someone bound to words and jingo statements.

Liberal conservatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :rolleyes:

And anyway you think you're special and unique, but really you're just not. You're no more special than anyone else.
Watch "Elephant in the Room" for free online | Real Momentum Gay Documentaries | Logo TV

And you might want to check out this thread http://www.lpsg.org/151705-political-compass-quiz.html

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
No one person decides what makes a conservative, but you get to decide what all the liberals want to do? Enjoy your double standards elsewhere.
That's because he is a unique free-thinker, and the rest of us are just sheep, dontcha know?

Is there some reason why this generalization and attempted deflection makes my statement any less true?
Ah yes, generalizations and deflections, the stock and trade of neo-con debate tactics. They learn it at Repulicamp. Also dissembling and stereotyping. It's all black and white, my friends, no room for pesky shades of gray.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am a gay conservative.

This proves multiple things:

1. Not all gays are Democrats
2. Not all conservatives are straight
3. Not all conservatives are homophobes
4. Not all conservatives hate everyone except straight white christians
5. Not all gays hate conservatives

That said, I will most likely spend little time in the politics section here, as
having a penis (no matter the size) doesn't mean you know what you're
talking about when you discuss/debate politics.

Oh please, Mary... we know people like you exist. :rolleyes:
But you don't redefine the entire party or its image. And this idea that Democrats hate "straight white men" is the most laughable thing you could have ever dreamed up. As an avid gay, black Democrat with a personal liking for white boys, I can tell you that you're completely talking out of your ass.

Now, would you kindly like to shed your political blindness for a second and explain to the class why you think everyone is against caucasians in this country?

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
{snip} I am a black gay man. I can't stand watermelon or grape soda. I don't really understand Lady Gaga. I like country music. Especially, Dolly Parton's and The Dixie Chicks' music. {snip}

:eek: Now, I know you're a fake!!

Nobody doesn't like watermelon :wink: :biggrin1:

(atleast I know I could travel with you and not tune out the radio, lol)

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I am a gay conservative.

That said, I will most likely spend little time in the politics section here, as

How would this fit on a Venn Diagram?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am a gay conservative.

You've just proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Having only been here one day, you wouldn't know that one of our more esteemed posters here is also a gay conservative.

He's amusing as well.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I pissed you off? How so? Is it because I just shredded up most of your
long-held beliefs which you now have no choice other than to abandon and
insult me because you're mad that your party is crumbling at its foundation?

I used to be your type, but then I woke up and realized that the ones who are
really closed-minded are the liberals who hate everyone that isn't a black, gay
vegan who donates to planned parenthood.

How presumptuous of you to assume such. I can am observing a man with all the answers, and possess a rhetorical arrogance that goes along with it.

Since you have all the answers (what are you 23?), I can see it will be difficult for anyone here to give you an idea to deal with and see if you can learn from it.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I'm confused. So you're saying you DONT know what youre talking about when you discuss/debate politics? Duly noted.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd disagree with you on both of those counts. Just because the word
"liberal" is close to the word "liberty" does not mean that there is any
connection whatsoever. Far from it. I actually see liberalism as an
anti-freedom movement. Liberals favor bloated government bureaucracies
taking care of them, which means less freedom and more government control.

me, I want little.

Pal, let me tell you something. It's because of liberals that you can suck a dick or drink a beer and dance with another dude without getting thrown in jail.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You've just proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Having only been here one day, you wouldn't know that one of our more esteemed posters here is also a gay conservative.

He's amusing as well.

but aren't all gin drunks amusing? especially when they stumble all over the place, mumbling, cussin' and causing a stir... not to mention vomiting all over themselves

:smile:

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am a gay conservative.

Babe, where'd you go to charm school. The Bronx? You just joined. Let's try to make some friends.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Speaking as the most liberal person I know:

A) I'm not a fan of "big government." Why? Because to me, "big government" is a synonym for "big military."

B) I can (and do) take care of myself quite well, thank you. The only "government handouts" i've ever excepted were a road to drive on, lines to pipe the electricity to my home, and pipes to ship water to/from my abode.

C) I'm very deeply in love with a white christian. Sure, he's gay, but that doesn't make him any less white or christian.

I guess what I'm saying is: my political ideology is no more a catch-all identification for me than my sexual orientation is. I'm a complex being, just as everyone else is. Mr. OP, I get it that you feel special for being a gay conservative. I just wish you hadn't fallen into the stereotypical conservative trap of stereotyping everyone. We, like you, make up our own minds, independently of any group affiliation.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

A) I'm not a fan of "big government." Why? Because to me, "big government" is a synonym for "big military."

The conservative mantra has NEVER been about a small military. In fact it's small everything except the military. Though 'small' is just marketing fluff as they've never really shrunk anything.

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The conservative mantra has NEVER been about a small military. In fact it's small everything except the military. Though 'small' is just marketing fluff as they've never really shrunk anything.

You know, of the 4 presidents before Obama, Bill Clinton (liberal Dem) was the only one to control the increase in government spending. Reagan more than doubled the national debt, Bush 1 would have done the same if he had time. And Bush 2...well let's not go there.