I am off.....

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am off on the 8th August for 10 days to participate in an archaeological dig at a little village called Otford, near Sevenoaks in Kent. Its a Roman Settlement and Cemetery site and I am very excited, apart from having to sleep in a tent!

I will miss you all but hopefully I will come back with some new stories and you never know I might get laid as well!!! he he he :biggrin1:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Enjoy the dig, TP. I helped with archaelogical digs targeting antebellum Virginia when I was in college. Fascinating stuff.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
have a great time and bring us some archeological souvenir!! (I promise I WONT sell it on ebay!!!, not again....:redface:) lol

have fun!!

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey' i choose to live in a tent 2/3 weeks a year..Absolutely LOVELY
KENT is one of my most favourite UK Countys .. Beautiful
I am sure you will have a great time.
(partially envious am i)
enz

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have Fun! My first thought when I read this was......maybe ya'll will find some dinosaur bones. My 6 year old son is into dinosaurs right now and he has been picking out more dinosaur books to read than I ever dreamed there were ......this summer. He is becoming quite the little dinosaur expert.

Again..... Have fun and I am crossing my fingers that you will have some good diggings!

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm back!
Had a bloody brilliant time and met some wonderful people (no men who were up to my standards tho! he he), dig took place in a wood at the bottom of a chaps garden, the tent was nice and I had an airbed but it was cold at night and everything got covered in mud! Did trowelling for the first day and found a few bits of Roman pottery (patchgrove ware local to SE England) and some early 20th century but spent the rest of the week washing the finds. Some find that boring but as I didn't have to be on my knees the whole time and I got to see all the finds in their entirelty for the first time which was such a thrill! I learnt tons of stuff. The main finds were of pottery sherds of patchgrove, black burnished ware, about 50 possible Roman iron nails, Neolithic worked flint, Iron slag (bloody loads of that), four beautiful sherds of Samian pottery, two pieces of a Roman brooch, two Roman coins, and the chassis from a 1930's motorbike!!! We also unearthered about 4 Roman pits and what could be the flint foundation stones of an Iron Age Roundhouse! Pictures will be on my Gallery soon.

Good to be back in my own bed even tho its empty!!! (and near to a real bathroom!)