I am offended

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
My thoughts exactly! Should this go to ETC?
hmmm . . . I don't have an opinion on that. I think it's a mod/OP call.

I know the OP's intent was to be jokey, which is all good.

But people being people it's bound to elicit a range of responses, and that's okay too.

p.s. I edited my first line while you were posting, fyi.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am offended by people who go to the gym!
;)
And by guys who trim or shave their pubes and chest!:):)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm offended by fussy eaters.

Well I'm offended by people who don't understand that people like food the way they like it.
Meanwhile I suffered though some of the worst meals since the last supper and not said a word.... but some of us want the dressing on the side.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am offended by those that call me "compulsive" for moving the dumbbells from the place designated for some other weight back to their designated place.

I would feel embarrassed rather than offended if someone called me that, because I think it is mildly compulsive behavior. The day after I had seen the movie Wall-E, I was at the gym, grumblingly restoring some dumbbells to their proper place when I suddenly saw myself as the little robot that runs over the space ship cleaning up the tracks left by the title character.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Well I'm offended by people who don't understand that people like food the way they like it.
Meanwhile I suffered though some of the worst meals since the last supper and not said a word.... but some of us want the dressing on the side.

Offering your guests dressing on the side is good manners, I'm offended by people who say they don't like almost anything unless its pizza or fried chicken. Don't come to dinner at my house if you don't like food.

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Offering your guests dressing on the side is good manners, I'm offended by people who say they don't like almost anything unless its pizza of fried chicken. Don't come to dinner at my house if you don't like food.

Well I happen to love pizza especially if it's my homemade version, but I understand your point.
http://www.lpsg.org/128610-which-wine-do-you-serve.html
I also have a killer fired chicken recipe.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am offended by people who should be in bed right now!
And Hil, I totally get you!
I am most offended by people who don`t like to eat. I know several.

BIGDP

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am offended by people who are generally intolerant. I'm not saying you have to like or tolerate everything, but if it's not hurting you or someone else, let it be, and please shut the fuck up.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
in this game name an item or thing which offends you

I am offended by crickets chirping late at night.

You and my neighbors....
I grew up in the south with crickets and I missed them...so on a visit home, I found my
boyhood cricket cage, caught and brought them back to NYC (Manhattan) with me.
I released them...never thought they would make it through the winter, but they did and
that was about 10 yeas ago...Now the entire neighborhood sounds like a Cricket Musical
at night...I LOVE IT!

Sorry Hoss...

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Here is one Southern Fried Chicken recipe...

Great-grandmother's: (from about 1860-70..may have been her mother's recipe)
The original written directions told how to cook on an open fire and how to adjust the coals to get the best, correct, or constant heat.
1 3lb fryer
cut into...2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticls and 2 wings. Reserve the backbone and any fat to make chicken stock. Save the giblets...liver and gizzard.
Rinse the chicken pieces and giblets and pat dry.
Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Set aside for 15 minutes or seal in paper bag and store over night in a cool, safe place (today in the refrigerator).
-------------------------------------------
Bowl #1: Put 3/4 cup buttermilk in a bowl.
Bowl #2: Mix together 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp of white pepper, 1/2 tsp of house seasoning of rosemary, sage, oregano, marjoram, ginger, thyme (you can use "Bells All Purpose Seasoning" as substitue).
Heat 1 cup lard in a Heavy Cast Iron (about 2" deep) frying pan.......(Crisco can be substuted for the lard)
Dip chicken pieces and giblets into the buttermilk, then into the flower. Be sure each piece is well covered with the flour. Shake and lay the floured chicken pieces and giblets in a tray and let sit to rest. Dip in flour (without buttermilk) one more time, and let rest again.

The temperature of the lard is very important: hot enough that a drop of water sizzles when dropped in it. A 12" dia. x 2" deep cast iron frying pan should hold one frier (8 pieces). Place the large pieces in first and then fit the smaller pieces around them...(giblets aside for now).
Cover pan, reduce heat to medium, and brown all pieces well on one side (about 8 to 10 minutes). Turn over and add giblets, cover and brown all pieces well (about 8-10 minutes)

FINAL STEP: (supposidly the BIG secret)
Add slowly and carefully to the chicken...1/2 cup of water.
Cover pan and steam for 5 minutes. Remove cover, turn pieces over once again to make the crust crisp. (the recipe does not say for how long...just until crisp)
Remove to a warm platter and serve (serves about 3-4)

Hint
I put the flour mixture in a large paper bad and put the chicken in after being soaked in the buttermilk....then skake it...take out, let it rest,
and then into the bag again for the last flour covering...
Shake off excess flour or it be too thick and gum up the hot lard...

I hope you all ENJOY IT...I sure do!

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm offended by breast feeding nazi's who don't understand that some women can't breastfeed for physical reasons, not because they just don't feel like it.

Even though I'm not gay, I'm deeply offended by people who use gay slurs or hate other gay people.