I am so lonely

wishihadone

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Philip,
Lonely is painful. Thanks for sharing your feelings. You have a bright future ahead of you as a physical therapist. I am truly sorry you are feeling lonely and hope you find someone special soon. You have so much going for you: Intelligence, good looks, health, ambition, and a bright future ahead of you. Do your thing and love will happen, often when you least expect.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Thank you all. Although I want to make one thing clear, I am going to college and I work two jobs. I think people on this site assume that because I'm only 19 I just sit around and jerk off all day but that is not the case. I run my own personal training business, I teach group fitness, and I am going to school for Physical Therapy which is one of the most difficult majors on my campus. However, I am trying to be patient and work on myself but it is more difficult than it looks. I will keep trying though

It sounds like you have a good handle on your life and where you want oit to go. Don't get so hung up on finding a SO. That only serves to put too much pressure on you. Fill those periods of loneliness with friends and activities you enjoy. Believe me, love will find you even when you are not looking for it.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I feel you are close to having a good relationship, as you seem to be getting your life together in other respects, and you seem to know what you want. Don't give up, keep going to social situations that will help you meet others, and when you do meet someone, let us know, as we tend to eat this kind of news up like a good breakfast. Good luck!

StatusQuo

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you all. Although I want to make one thing clear, I am going to college and I work two jobs. I think people on this site assume that because I'm only 19 I just sit around and jerk off all day but that is not the case. I run my own personal training business, I teach group fitness, and I am going to school for Physical Therapy which is one of the most difficult majors on my campus. However, I am trying to be patient and work on myself but it is more difficult than it looks. I will keep trying though

Dude, It really sounds like you're kicking ass. It can be hard. I think if you are in a hostel environment at home, the best thing you could do would be to move out. I know it is an expensive proposition, but it sounds like the benefits might outweigh the costs.

Honestly man, my family is cool, but moving out is one of the best things I ever did. I was in my very early 20s, but I was working full time and going to school full time. I still managed to have a great time and do a bunch of fun stuff like travel.

I know it might be even harder, but you stated you are gay and live in a very non gay friendly part of the country. I hate to say to pick up and move when you decide to move out, but it might not hurt to see if you could transfer to a different school. Honestly you want your 20s to be a period in your life you remember for how fun it was, not how miserable it was. Sorry I am only offering expensive and life changing solutions, but I think you might be happier.

Milkdud

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
being alone is not that bad, but its just not for everyone. I've been alone most my life, but your so young. Not saying that its a bad thing but you have time to fall in love with someone and have all that jazz. Just make sure you love yourself first because you have to love yourself before anyone can love you. And as it goes, being alone is one of the best way to learn to love who you are before anyone else. Take your time and keep your shit together and everything will be ok.

Brick7

Expert Member
Media
The dark conservative heart of Central California
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Being single is just not for me. I woke up this morning with an urge to roll over and cuddle but was met with nothing but air. I want someone to hold me and nuzzle their nose into my neck as I feel their breath pulsating down my neck and spine. Everyone I have had feelings for is either not interested or is in a relationship. Why do I always fall for people I can't have? I am so lonely. I need someone to be with.
Sometimes we fall for people we can't have because we think we don't deserve to be happy. By falling for someone we can't have, we're guaranteed not to have a successful relationsip. It's an issue of self-worth. I'd suggest counseling/therapy if it continues to occur.
As for the second statement, I'd ask why? I have a good friend who has an odd need to always be in a relationship, even if it means being involved with a psycho-rabbit boiler (see "Fatal Attaraction"). If he breaks up with a woman, he's with another woman within the week. It's not mentally healthy.
Try being on your own for a while. You sound quite busy. If you're really serious about finding somone, let your friends and family know that you want to be set up on blind dates. Of course, if you're gay and not out, then this won't work, obviously.
I'd say give it over to God/the Universe (whatever higher power you believe in) and then let it go. Someone will come into your life when you least expect it. Good luck.

irish18

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hi thought id put my wee bit of option in here, man i feel your pain. its not easy and its hard and a horrible place to be in. all i wanted to have was a gf who i could love, not sex just someone i could be beside at night, hold tight, pick her up in my arms and hold her tight. i had found someone i thought might have brought the pain away but she soon left my life again. my best mate is currently in a huge relationship and im jealous of him, i just want to be with someone the way he is. i want someone to love me the way that he is being loved by his gf, is that really to much to ask?

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I empathize with the OP in many ways. I feel like I haven't been in the best relationships due to physical and/or emotional incompatabilities, and I'm affected by these experiences probably more than I should be. So, I have the mindset that I'm better off being single, at least for now, until I can grow up and get over my hangups. Yet, at the same time, I do feel alone. I tried distracting myself from this by going out to a party, but I came home feeling worse than I did before (alone on top of being drunk and depressed). I know that I'm better for relationships and that I'm just not the type of guy to succeed at hooking up, but like I said... I know that I'm better off being single for now, so hopefully I can resolve all of my issues eventually.

As so many people mentioned in here, you have to love yourself before any one can love you. This is not easy for me, but it's a work in progress. In the meantime, I've been busy with school and a part-time job that is nowhere near related to what I am studying. Granted... I honestly have no idea where I'm going in life, not like where you (Philip) can go with yours. You seem to be on a road that you're prepared to take, and are already making very good headway with it.

In so many ways, you're an inspiration to me. You're my age and yet you seem to have so many things figured out. I think you have so much to be thankful for (both physically and personality-wise, from what I can tell), and you've worked so hard to achieve what you've done so far (and I'm not talking about just the physical aspect). You can only go higher from here. I wish you don't feel so sad and lonely - you really do deserve to be happy.

offside

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm 38 and never been in a relationship - When you stop hoping for things to change because you are sick of let down and failure constantly associated with it seems easier
Whatever about having the feelings of loneliness I don't want failure on top of it too I know it sounds negative - but I can only go there so many times and believe me I've had enough.