I Answered A Personal Ad...`

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
....I swore I would never do it. I was right. Look at the response I got....
"
with a kike name like yours
you should be meat for the
palestinians circa 1950"

I don't even know what he's saying tho I can read into it! I shoulda listened to myself!

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I once answered a personal ad and even went as far as to meet the person.

They were absolutely nothing like the person they described (or had pics of) in the profile. I mean, looked NOTHING like the pics at all. Its not like the person was even using old or outdated pics. But the pics were of someone totally different.

The person went on as if nothing was wrong. Of course I as-politely-as-possible-given-the-circumstances (read: not very politely at all) excused myself and immediately left. The person's profile is still up (and active) on the site and I really want to report him as a fake but I don't know how I would prove it. What would I say? "I met this user and the pics are fake". They would just deny it.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I once answered a personal ad and even went as far as to meet the person.

They were absolutely nothing like the person they described (or had pics of) in the profile. I mean, looked NOTHING like the pics at all. Its not like the person was even using old or outdated pics. But the pics were of someone totally different.

The person went on as if nothing was wrong. Of course I as-politely-as-possible-given-the-circumstances (read: not very politely at all) excused myself and immediately left. The person's profile is still up (and active) on the site and I really want to report him as a fake but I don't know how I would prove it. What would I say? "I met this user and the pics are fake". They would just deny it.

You don't really need the proof. Just report it to the site. They have some level of responsibility to every member using their site so it's up to them to investigate. I doubt that you were the only person who responded so the site moderators might be able to contact other people who responded to the profile and ask them their experiences with that particular person.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You don't really need the proof. Just report it to the site. They have some level of responsibility to every member using their site so it's up to them to investigate. I doubt that you were the only person who responded so the site moderators might be able to contact other people who responded to the profile and ask them their experiences with that particular person.

Do you think that's true? We're talking about the site that's now famous for the CraigsList Killer!

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow, Hells: what a fucking turd. Sorry it happened to you.

I have an excellent track record on Manhunt, but know that not everyone does. My limited experience with Craig's List, looking for a roommate, worked out so poorly I was gone in fewer than six months :rolleyes:

Once upon a lifetime ago, I answered a personal ad placed in the Boston Phoenix (similar to the Village Voice in content) for a reason I've never really understood: I'd always had great luck in bars. Anyway, the guy who placed the ad was an intense, moody but very intelligent and sexy guy who went by the name of Raven. As Raven and I were sorta neighbors (lived about 1/2 mile apart in Dorchester), we saw each other maybe five or six times.

From the moment I met him, I knew something was off about Raven. Despite what he said in his ad, he wasn't looking for companionship or sex, but there was something compelling that had me follow up anyway. I soon learned that he was part of a weird cult thing called The Church of Euthanasia, which I'd always taken to be some sick joke: it turns out that, for him at least, it was a serious thing. We'd occasionally eat a dinner I'd prepare or just hang out; he loved to talk (and talk and talk). It was like watching a train wreck in slo-mo: you wanted to turn away but somehow couldn't.

During our last encounter, he went berserk in my kitchen, playing some delusional and very paranoid six-degree-of-separation thing combining numerology, demonology and political events. His rants got louder and more frenzied, and I couldn't seem to get him to stop. I slowly, carefully ushered him out the door, up the steps and outside, claiming I needed some air. Once he stepped on to the stoop, I slammed and double-locked the door.

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media

What a disgusting experience. Please don’t take it to heart, HK. Creeps like this guy win something when they dishearten us. Don’t let him do it.

I’m embarrassed to admit, I had happy success just recently using Craigslist to hook up with a couple guys in San Francisco. I guess it’s a risk and maybe I was foolish and uncharacteristically lucky.

I responded to a guy seeking older guys like me in the “men seeking men” personals. Of course I used a separate e-mail account. Naturally, he wanted to see my picture. In the “missed connections” forum I had pasted a pic with a bogus story about wanting to re-connect with someone with whom I purportedly had visited at a coffee house. No such thing had occurred. Had anyone responded to the ad, I would have ignored it. No one did. Instead, on the several occasions I was willing to let people see what I looked like, I told them the key word to search to see my pic in the other forum.

That seemed to work just fine and we would trade pics.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow Bb, I thought I was the master and commander of the ship of dates from hell... You win by a long shot!

Oh the stories I could tell :rolleyes:

If you clicked the second link on the post I made above, you found an index to some of his "writings". The guy's really really insane.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh the stories I could tell :rolleyes:

If you clicked the second link on the post I made above, you found an index to some of his "writings". The guy's really really insane.

Oh my stories look like a sitcom compared to this mess. I did open the links, I have to have a glass of wine and lay down for a bit. That made me dizzy!