I Answered A Personal Ad...`

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
Craigs List adult personals are NO more!!

It's correct that the Adult Services section has been closed. That was for people who paid for the right to advertise their, presummably, commercial adult services.

The Personals have not been closed. For example, the men seeking men section is still active and these are clearly sexual solicitations that are not normally monitary. Within the Personals, there are also the Strickly Platonic and the Missed Connections Sections which are usually not sexual.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Is "Raven" his real name? It sounds like some whiny, emo, Twi-hard crap to me.

We met in 1993 or 94, long before "emo"; I'm fairly certain that "Raven Dr*ke" is a pseudonym. As he was about my age, I can state with a fair degree of certainty that no one in the late 50s or early 60s would have given their child such a sinister-sounding name.

He evidently had some mad computer skills. He worked 4-5 months on large, expensive projects as a consultant and then would take the rest of the year off.

Though there was a lot of illusion and delusion in his persona, there were other parts that very intriguing that I found (frustratingly) sexy as hell. For all the brave talk, he was actually pretty repulsed by the concept of sex, and the few times I attempted anything were decidedly not a success :rolleyes:

I know, it made my date with someone who threw a plate at a waiter and me leaving through the kitchen look like an episode from "Friends.":rolleyes:

After having suffered hours (really hours) of terrible service in a restaurant in SoBe, my then-partner and I asked for the bill. When the waiter held up his hand at us over 45 minutes later, we both jumped up and chased him into the kitchen, screaming at the tops of our lungs (and yes: we were sober); we only backed down when the chef threatened us with a cleaver :redface:

We left without paying, finally. Though threats were made to call the police, we left calmly and wound up having a great night at Twist.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
HKM, you don't deserve to be treated like that. Time and again, on this site you've shown how good a person you are. The right man is out there for you, don't give up. For now though, you have plenty of friends and supporters here.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
HKM, you don't deserve to be treated like that. Time and again, on this site you've shown how good a person you are. The right man is out there for you, don't give up. For now though, you have plenty of friends and supporters here.

This, I second most sincerely. Yes, listen to yourself!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thx for the last two comments and others. Bbucko we've all got crazy stories like that and that one was up there. Thx for sharing.
I just wasn't expecting such blatant anti-semitism. Now the real question is how did I forgot to not use my real email.

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
Now the real question is how did I forgot to not use my real email.

Oh God, I learned that lesson the hard way. One time on Craigslist, I was getting in to it with this dude and going at it about how I'm DDF and what I'd be willing to do to that tool of his when I somehow accidentally sent my response off to this girl I know instead of him. Not only did I not get lucky, but back came this response about how she was glad to read I'm disease free and what would my good Christian friends think of my behavior.

Actually, I prefer those friends not think of my behavior, if we don't mind, and now use a separate g-mail account that is only for would be friends with whom I like to share infor about my disease free status [as well as other pecadillos].

Happily my friend - who did know I am gay - has not been tiresome about it.

B_Tonnie

Experimental Member
Media
DUE TO MY WORK, BASED BETWEEN AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAN
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
....I swore I would never do it. I was right. Look at the response I got....
"
with a kike name like yours
you should be meat for the
palestinians circa 1950"

I don't even know what he's saying tho I can read into it! I shoulda listened to myself!

Don't take it to heart dude, sadly there are a lot of ''twisted-fucks'' out there, I get called, well not so much now, but I used to get called a ''HALF-BRED NAZI FUCK'' all the time when i was younger, now that I stand 6 foot 5
no many say it, or atleast not to my face. fuck them, who needs them.lol Tonnie.:smile:

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've never been on Craigslist and from all the stories I've heard and read (not just on LPSG), I never will. But I must admit, some of the ads I have seen (re-posted on other sites) have made me giggle.

Off-topic (as usual):

Attachments

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
CraigsList is a weird world on the adult portions but I've met lots of good and ce people on the commerce sections...ya know but and sell and the FREE section. The adult section is a world onto it's own. There are a lot of good points to CL.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Thx for that I REALLY appreciate it!:smile: