I Can Be Your Favourite Girl!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This song gets played often in the pub. I'm wondering who its by? Cos maybe its infected by brain and I like it. Its kind of upbeat and sang by a girl. Its NOT Favorite Girl by Marques Houston...

BTW, the most played song is by far Don't Stop Believing by Journey. Does it get played much anywhere else? It gets played at least once EVERY DAY here!

Thanks.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media

Because they aren't exactly considered 'manly' songs. I actually love that so many straight guys are comfortable showing that they like women's music. When I was little most any guy who listened to or sang a song by a woman artist was thought of as gay. Believe me, I know. Before everyone knew that I was indeed gay, I often was chided for singing along to songs by females on the radio. It just wasn't considered 'normal'.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because they aren't exactly considered 'manly' songs. I actually love that so many straight guys are comfortable showing that they like women's music. When I was little most any guy who listened to or sang a song by a woman artist was thought of as gay. Believe me, I know. Before everyone knew that I was indeed gay, I often was chided for singing along to songs by females on the radio. It just wasn't considered 'normal'.
About half the music I buy is made by women.I think the anti-female attitude you describe is absolutely ludicrous.
Presumably the macho men who mocked your liking for female artists would have thought there was nothing "gay" about listening to Queen or Judas Priest. :biggrin1:
I'd better add that I can't stand either of those bands music!