I can't figure this out

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_jeepguy2, Jan 28, 2010.

1. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

Ok, I know this "guy" is really a girl but how in the hell can she or "he" become pregnant while taking enough testosterone to grow facial hair? :confused:

Search: Another pregnant man - Second pregnant man

Ok so something else I am confued about...if this woman became a man, I assume the plastic surgeons built him a penis of some sort, and gave him some prosthetic balls? So I guess he now has a dick and a pussy?

Also, why the hell would a woman want to become a man if she was into sex with men?

#1 B_jeepguy2, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  2. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    who gives a shit? seriously.... Just another carnival side show to bring in extra cash flow

Not trying to be an asshole....honestly.

It just seems that these days people are going to the absolute extremes of everything, and then call in the media for their 15 minutes of fame and a nice paycheck.

3. dolfette

Gold Member

you're an idiot.

do gay men all want to be women? of course they don't! a man is still a man, regardless of his taste in partners.

HE is into sex with men because HE is a gay man, who just happened to be born into a female body.

4. dolfette

Gold Member

they're going to be bugged by the media anyway. if they think it better to do it on their own terms and make a bit of money from it then i'm not going to judge.

5. MickeyLee

Gold Member

i would answer most of the OP questions if i thought for a moment he posted to learn more about transgender issues. instead this is another round of "lets all laugh at the freak" trans bashing on LPSG.

:irked:

6. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

I just can't figure it out? Why the fuck would a woman become a man if she still wanted to get preggers and have a kid? Definately a couple of freak shows thats for sure! They must have bought a wad of donor sperm off the net or something too because the pregnant man's partner used to be a woman too.

I can understand being gay or lesbian but this trans stuff is some fucked up shit!:eek:

7. dolfette

Gold Member

bigot.

8. houtx48

Gold Member

bigot................wtf?

9. dolfette

Gold Member

''this trans stuff is some fucked up shit'' is a bigoted statement.

10. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    to the op-
    it would be cooler if you put it...

this whole trans thing is "Alien" to me.

it is the alien aspect of it that scares you,
    ignorance breeds fear.

this trans stuff is very alien to me as well.
    but i suppose it all has to be rather alien to themselves as well.
    :wink:

11. MickeyLee

Gold Member

why do gay men adopt children or seek out a surrogate mother? you would get so bitch beat for asking this question.

why do lesbians opt for sperm banks and turkey basters? seriously, softball teams would be camped out on ya front yard waiting to kick your ass.

a transman/couple desiring to have a child of their own is no different that any other human being wanting to have a family. there are just a few issues with plumbing that set this couple apart from the average.

transmen might be gay or straight after transition. sometimes their orientation will shift from a lesbian relationship prior to coming to term with their gender ID over to a homosexual ID after transition. it's all a deep personal journey, and quiet frankly your understanding or acceptance is NOT required. you should have the good sense to keep your mouth shut if you have nothing but hate to add to the conversation.

why a transman might choose to have a child... and the how.

testosterone injections will cause secondary masculine characteristics.. facial hair, deepening of the voice, will add muscle mass, will redistribute body fat, the skin texture changes.... and a million other subtle and not at all subtle changes.

testosterone will not stop a biological female from becoming pregnant. ovaries will still function, he might still have a menstrual cycle.. and if sperm happens to be present, pregnancy can happen. is not a mystery of the universe, it's sex.. the basics of sperm, egg cell and so on.

plumbing.. it's not until several years into transitioning that a transman will have a radical hysterectomy. usually to avoid long term health effects caused by the high levels of hormones the average transperson takes.

the portion of transmen going through with some sort of phaloplasty is still very low. the procedure leaves much to be desired in looks and functionality.

if this couple were aware of their desire to have children, it's reasonable to think the birth parent would delay the bottom surgery.

why? adopting is hard enough for gay couples.. adoption is impossible for trans people. so if you had the ways and means to carry a child to term and deliver a healthy baby, why not? you have a biologcial connection to the child, a better knowledge of health issues jr will face. legally, well... you are just side stepping a heap of misery.

second reason, if the birth parent hadn't legally transitioned to male then the couple could be married and be assured the child would be legally bound to both parents. insurance, taxes, easier to register for school.. blahblahblah.

last of the long rant. just think of how important this child is to this couple. he's spent years on therapy, treatments, gone through surgeries, injections, maybe lost friends and family over his gender identification.. and he's willing to set it all aside for his child. that's love.

it's heart breaking to see the hate and anger from outsiders.

OHOH.. much love to the Bear Community, y'all have been nothing but good to butchboys, butchfags and FtMs. *smooch*

12. Chase1600

Chase1600 Member

As an aside, I believe exposure to testosterone treatments of any sort, while pregnant, is extremely harmful to a fetus. Males who receive testosterone supplement treatment in the form of salves are advised to avoid exposure to pregnant women.

Good question. No 100% sure answer.

Do you guys remember the octomom? That physician who helped her, received justifiable criticism and subsequent professional discipline for his participation. We can understand that people may want things which we, personally, believe are odd and maybe even wrong. Nevertheless, we can respect their right to want them. We should also appreciate that professionals, such as those in the medical profession, have not obligation to assist everyone no matter what.

Years ago, here in San Francisco, there was a hamburger joint named Hamburger Mary’s, run by a guy, who presumably was gay, who said he was running the business to make enough money to finance his sex change operation. He did it. He became a woman. Subsequently the story went around that he had become a lesbian.

Go figure.

It’s a good thing for lesbians to be lesbians. You’ll never read me objecting. Mostly, I think lesbianism might be left to the likes of natural born women – call me old-fashioned – and we boys will just have to suffer with one less life option. Life’s hard and then you die, I’m saying.

And so, I wish I could claim, what is good for the gander, is good for the goose. And mostly, I will.

But I do understand there are things I don’t understand and respect dolfette’s defense of those who feel they have been born in the wrong body. Whether we think of it as being a gay thing, or not, is just semantics. Men who believe they are really women trapped in the wrong body, or women the same, feel it independently of their sexual attraction.

Generally, I think medical professionals should be extremely wary – ontop of wariness to begin with – about medically changing someone’s gender who is not going to be heterosexually oriented in the new gender; transsexuals don’t usually go from being miserable to feeling wonderful; it’s tough for them; they go from being miserable to feeling that at least something – some one thing - has been resolved. Mostly, post-op transsexuals still have a lot of struggle to endure. Going from being a woman who is attracted to men, but feeling as a man trapped in one’s female body, to becoming a man who is attracted to men may not be something that surgery can make right.

I’m not sure he’s going to be a hit with us gay boys.

#12 Chase1600, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  13. dolfette

Gold Member

having a sex change isn't about being a hit with you gay boys.

having a sex change is about being able to live with your own body and not feel nauseated by the wrongness of having tits when your brain is telling you you're a man.

i know it always shocks men of every orientation to hear this but...

there is more to life than getting a man!

14. Chase1600

Chase1600 Member

Alas, I fear you're right. It is such an imperfect world.

I thought I said as much. Isn't it being a gay boy that she would become? Would she be a gay man who does not integrate with gay men? I respect her right to her own life, but I think she deserves more; each of us can be different, but there are things about being men; there are things about being men who are sexually attracted to other men; there are things of the gay sub-culture that come from those two realities; to be surgically dropped into a sub-culture into which one can never fit may be worse than the misfit of feeling one is a man trapped in a woman's body.

I don't believe a surgeon can provide what I find attractive in gay men. Extract the force of mutual sexual attraction from life in the gay sub-culture, there’s no point in being gay.

15. dolfette

Gold Member

HE deserves more.
    i agree.
    he deserves not to be treated like a freak.

did you notice that he's married, happy and loved?
    that's what most people dream of.

16. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

Yes and he's married to a man that also used to be a woman who has two other children....

It is a very weird relationship.

17. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here is why.
    Given the opportunity there will always be people, for what ever reasons, who will adventure into something, some place or some situation. It's human nature.
    Some people like scaling mountains because they feel they need to.
    Some people change their sexual plumbing because they feel they need to.
    It's a personal need and choice, as much as it yours to venture on your path of life.
    With nearly 7 billion people on this planet, you will find, some people praise and appreciate otheres choices while some people don't understand others choices still respect them, while still others try to shackle, either emotionally, mentally and/or physically others for their choices.
    Just remember, it's best to be kind and honest to yourself and others, because that is the legacy you probably want to be remembered by.
    Not knowing or understanding should be celebrated as the human spirit - an opportunity to learn and adventure during your short stay on earth.

18. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

Yes. that is correct, I use Testorone gel due to lower than normal levels of Testosterone and the package insert EXPLICITLY warns against skin to skin contact with women, and children. If they touch the bare skin where you have applied it it can be transferred. It can apparently cause women to stop menstruating, miscarry if they are pregnant, and can cause early onset of puberty in children. If this "guy" manages to carry this baby full term (which is doubtful) the kid is probably going to be a circus freak just like its parents...er parent since we don't know if the sperm donor was a freak! :eek:

Yeah definately a lot of crazy stuff going on here. I have read the story of J.T. Hayes, the male NASCAR driver who felt that he really was a woman trapped in a man's body and and had a sex change. She is attracted to men, and from the pics I have seen of her I would never be able to tell that she was formerly a male if ai saw her on the street. I think she dates guys though!

#18 B_jeepguy2, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  19. MickeyLee

Gold Member

he stopped T-injections before the pregnancy. allowed time for his system to flush out the hormones and his female cycle to reset it's self.

the child is getting all the usual prenatal care and then some.

some people choose remain total fucktards.

20. Chase1600

Chase1600 Member

dolfette, I didn’t pay attention to the link. I agree with you, especially in that it is a done deal; little Miles is on the way, so there’s no point in discussing as hypothetical that which is real.

For example, if someone asks “should I empty my savings account and buy lottery tickets” we’d say “no, it’s nuts.” But suppose they said they did it; we’d wish them well.

About these kinds of issues, I believe we should happily be contradictions.

I would not do what he – she – is doing. Oh, had I believed I were trapped in the body of the wrong gender, I might have sought change; but I think I would be very disciplined about what was to follow.

Many years ago, I made a choice to not go through with trying to hide my homosexuality. I had been engaged – to a woman far out of my league, let me tell you – and subsequently had a long and hot relationship with a different knock off your socks woman. But all the time, I believed I was consciously hiding the truth and using these women to give lie to the truth I knew some others were suspecting.

I was using some wonderful people as shills.

They deserved better. Where did I think it could go? As I would age, would I not have problems? I know I have a right to my choices and to pursue what is best for me, but what happens when you effectively take hostages in pursuit of what you want?

I’m glad I am a man who has known the joy of being with a woman, but I was subsequently blessed with meeting the love of my life – who has since passed on. Pursuing what we want is the easy part of making choices in life, accepting responsibility for the consequences of our choices is what brings us genuine satisfaction in what we have done when we become old people – as I have.

But, that is me living according to my personal code. I think absolutely everyone should do the same: find a personal code and live it. It does not mean that what I think – whatever that may be – should be imposed upon others.

Draft saved Draft deleted