I caught the sucker

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was able to catch the dirty rat with a rat trap. I placed it outside of the closet door (opened 2 inches) with some peanut butter. I turned out all the lights and left and when I came back it was dead in the trap. Now the hard part, disposing of it. I'm pretty sure he was there solo, but I will reset the trap. I might just throw out the trap and buy a new one. That rat still skeeves me.

Attachments

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, try to determine if it is a male rat or a female rat. If female with milk filled nipples would mean one thing....

wear gloves and wash the trap off, and then wash hands. Put rat in plastic bag. Take it outside somewhere and dispose of it.

I'm not going to check for the gender of it. I can barely force myself to look at the vile vermin. It is still in the trap. I will have to go buy gloves later.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Look at the nuts on it! No doubt a male. Unless that isn't the actual picture lol.

Cool, then it's a male. Yes, that's the actual picture. It's a great trap, it has an easy set and release bar. I just took him out of the trap and put him in 5 shopping bags. I washed the trap in some soapy water and set it up again with more peanut butter.

The trap is about 6 inches long, so with his tail I guesstimate that he was about a foot long.

Last edited:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, I had a small colony in my house. It became obvious after a two pound bag of walnuts vanished off the kitchen tables. The dogs were not interested in that.

Caught six in one night with a kill trap. The eldest avoided capture and tore out some insulation under the house. They were coming from under the house from the kitchen sink pipe opening. With some rat wire, foam and boards, blocked it off.

turnstall

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Good for you, you were afraid of something, so you killed it. P.s. it doesn't change anything your still afraid. The time you spend worrying about rodents is time you could use to develope a famailiarity with a living animal. In the end the sureness you find in yourself will be your own reward.

I don't think killing animals senselessly is a good thing.

The rat was looking to increase its territory, food supply, and in the process spread feces, reproduce, and destroy Mem's lair. In a strict animal-on-animal basis, the rat was looking to gain at Mem's expense. Any animal doing that to another without which it has a symbiotic relationship, is creating a confrontation that usually results in a fight or death for one or the other animal. Rats have the advantage of numbers, heightened senses, sharp teeth, and industrial strength constitutions. Mem has the advantage of having a reasoning brain, specialized social support, and opposable thumbs. He also has better vision. The rat used stealth, Mem used his brain, assistance from other humans (who designed, marketed, and sold him the trap), and his opposable thumbs. The rat lost.

That's how it works in the world when one animal encounters another. There's nothing special about us when it comes to these one-on-one, unprovoked (in that Mem didn't go looking to hunt or invite rats into his den), confrontations. Like any other animal, we defend our dens and resources from other animals.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Good for you, you were afraid of something, so you killed it. P.s. it doesn't change anything your still afraid. The time you spend worrying about rodents is time you could use to develope a famailiarity with a living animal. In the end the sureness you find in yourself will be your own reward.

You should have paid attention in School.

I was more grossed out by it, but yes I fear disease carrying rodents in my home. You would rather have me trap it and release it so that it returns and bites the baby in one of the apartments downstairs?

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

I was more grossed out by it, but yes I fear disease carrying rodents in my home. You would rather have me trap it and release it so that it returns and bites the baby in one of the apartments downstairs?
I agree there are millions more where that came from.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

I'd snip it's neck with a scissors before burying it in a hole. :smile:
(Sans shopping bags BTW.)

turnstall

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Firstly thanks for pointing out my spelling errors, which is not only, not the topic at hand, but expresses your immediate need to judge others.
Back to the topic at hand, with a little kind thought it would be possible to trap your new house guest and release it back into an open field or ravine. All cities have these venues available. The rat will either thrive back in his natural environment or will be part of natures food chain where there are plenty of predators. Weasals ferrets snakes foxes birds centipedes cats dogs, the list goes on
As for yourself you may even enjoy a trip outside with real nature. Our cities are dumping grounds, if you leave the mess the animals will come. We made the mess now maybe we can take the time to help the animals back to the natural homes.

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well done, Mem. I can't even flush a dead fish down the loo.:yuck: