I did it

dickbeater27

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The other night I was hanging out with my girlfriend and we started talking about us and I finally told her that I am gay. I have been sure about it now for about a month and I just have felt horrible about not telling her, like I was stringing her along.

It was honestly the hardest thing I have ever had to do. It took me about an hour to finally get it out. After I told her that I am gay I told her how sorry I was for not telling her sooner and for stringing her along. I was mostly afraid that she would hate me for breaking up with her. Once I got it out I felt like I was finally able to talk about it and I just started telling her about everything and then I just started crying my eyes out. She started crying too and she just held me and talked to me.

She wasn't mad and she accepted me. We talked about it and we are still best friends. She promised not to tell anyone else until i come out to my family, which she agreed to be there for. I felt like a weight had been lifted off of me, and I am writing this for anyone who has the same problem I was facing. It is nice to have someone you can count on and I am glad to have such a good friend.

nealin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Im sure a great weight has been lifted off you, and you have an amazing friend.
nothing better than living as you wish and being true to yourself.

MusclePrinceXXX

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That took a lot of guts man. There are many guys out there who wouldn't have done what you did.

If you know you're gay and you came clean with it, you're doing yourself a favor in the long run because your life won't be a 'fat lie' as they say. Just want to let you know that there are many people here on this board including myself who support you. Be who you are and be proud of it.

Good luck man.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Beautiful outcome matey
Worked out really well, you have every right to be proud
of youself and great to hear the way your x GF reacted
So very HAPPY for you
Cheers
enz

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm glad that you did the right thing & I'm sure you feel much better for it...

That took courage, so you should be proud of yourself. :fing02:

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I trust that soon you will discuss this with your parent/s.

As a parent I can certainly say that while it may be challenging for them, they will accept the situation.

After all you are a Son.

I wish you well.

Keep us updated.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You did a really brave thing and your girlfriend took the news very well. It's a shame more people couldn't take a page out of her book. Congratulations on taking this huge step :)

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
That was in incredibly brave thing to do and you should be proud of yourself. It is also truly self-actualizing; now you can really begin to explore yourself and live your life in a more comfortable and honest way.

Your girlfriend is an amazing person. I can imagine how much you cherish her.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I just want to repeat "Congratulations" and offer my support. You are very lucky to have a wonderful girlfriend that is so caring and understanding.

Don't pressure yourself to come out too soon to others. Don't get me wrong, don't "hide it", but it doesn't have to be something that adds stress to you.

Treat it on a "need to know" basis. Some folks, you'll feel the need to let them know. For me, I won't lie about my bisexuality if asked, but don't feel the need to tell everyone either.

God, I know the relief that you are feeling right now. Again, Congratulations!

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Congrats!and welcome to the club ihihihi!coming outs are hard but when you do the first one,then you feel like you can tell everyone very easily. Everybody knows me as gay,but my parents! i don't wanna tell my parents because they show they know,they don't accept it and would prefer not to know it clearly. Anyway they don't cause me problems for what i am,so it is good. I also don't want them to care about my sexual life.If i had a girlfriend i wouldn't tell them either....
Anyway i've never had friends driving mad for my being gay. They should feel disappointed only if they felt something for you....and about boyfriends some of them will run away because of omophobia but the true ones will stay.
Good luck for your parents anyway!it is always hard!