I donated blood

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Moez???, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Moez???

Moez??? Active Member

Albums:
    About a week ago, and maybe it's all in my head, but i find it much harder to keep an erection since then.

I didn't donate blood normally. They needed more red blood cells, so they removed a pint of blood, split the plasma and the cells, and put the plasma back in my blood stream, then took out another pint, and did the same thing.

So basically I lost 2 times the amount of blood cells, while losing little plasma. Has anyone else done this and then have trouble with erections. Even when i work out i get tired much quickly.

2. Principessa

Gold Member

I've only donated blood about 3 or 4 times in my life. I had an adverse reaction only once; and that was my fault for not having had breakfast that day. I became rather lightheaded and had to lay down for about an hour while they plyed me with juice and cookies. I swear that was not just a ploy to get out of yet another boring and pointless staff meeting. :biggrin1:

I have never heard of anyone feeling poorly an entire week after blood or platelet donation. Perhaps you are otherwise ill and should see a doctor. :cool:

3. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

It will take a while untill your Hemoglobine is back to normal. You get more tired when you don't have much Hemoglobine in your blood. Your body has to make some new one and that takes time. this explains your feeling about bein tired. It is probably also an effect on your erection, because it's harder to keep it erect. Normally it will get better, but if not, go too your doctor. Good luck man!

4. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

I stopped giving blood after being picked about the free T- shirt !!! so not my fult.

5. FitLad

FitLad Member

Albums:
    Went I give blood they only take a pint, and thats the same for everyone so dont know why they took 2 pints on you can then gived you the plasma back as here they take your blood and then sent it off to get sorted out for some poor person that has lost blood.

6. Moez???

Moez??? Active Member

Albums:
    bighungfitlad, it's a new technique they developed, so they could get twice as many red blood cells while removing a very minimal amount of plasma (since plasma can be stored for up to a year, it's in less demand than the blood cells and platelets). So, since I'm a poor college student, I've felt bad lately not really donating much of my money to the poor. So since all I really have is my health, i said it was fine to take the double cell/platelet thing.

It has left me much more drained, and my energy is slowly coming back. I was wondering about other people's experiences.

7. jaybell

jaybell New Member

Your ability to develop or mantain an erection will depend on your intravascular circulating volume. This is mainly plasma rather than cells. If depleted it should replenish from your extravascular compartment within 48hrs or so, assuming you are normally hydrated.

Your capacity for anaerobic work, however, may be affected by a drop in haemaglobin (ie red cells).

So red cell donation may impair your athletic performance marginally for a while, but is unlikely to affect your sexual prowess unless you're trying to get laid whilst running on a treadmill...

8. maestro071

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    lol, ...in a few days u will be fine, and your cock will function good, don't worry. It's much more important that you did a nice and good unselfish act. Bravo!

9. buddy629

buddy629 Member

Albums:
    your red blood cell level will return to normal in 2 weeks :)
    drink some OJ.
    Cheers.
    Buddy the RN

10. B_josh762

B_josh762 New Member

Give it a few more days. Probably nothing at all, just one of those things. But it'll come again. pardon the pun lol

11. Moez???

Moez??? Active Member

Albums:
    Just to give a bit more info, I can keep an erection, it's just much harder, and when i finally get it nice and full (it takes me a good 10-15 minutes to get it fully erect and feeling good) i'm breathing heavy and my heart is racing. and by then, i'm so worried and focused on trying to keep the erection, i lose it all and give up.

but it is getting better.

12. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Give it some time, don't forget the Hemoglobine is the carrier of oxygen, when there is not a lot hemoglobine, everything will get harder to do. Your body needs time to make some new hemoglobine.

13. D_Clumbert Cocksicle

Call me selfish but I stopped donating blood because that same reason - I couldn't get a full hard-on for around a couple of weeks after I donated.

Draft saved Draft deleted