First off, i am a registered republican...I support Ron Paul. I am not promoting Democrats here either..i find blind partisanship to be counterproductive and those who engage in it simply dont think for themselves, period. Bush, Daddy Bush, and even McCain, are not true Republicans..call em neo-cons or whatever the hell you want. Not getting into abortion here..and dont give me bullshit about how Republicans = military = save me from meanies of the world. Thats just ignorant and has no basis historically or in reality(unless you are a Limbaugh zombie) but i do want to ask how (why) the "typical" American can vote for a party that does so little to help the great majority of Americans. I compared the tax proposals of McCain and Obama side by side, and they both are flawed, economists have criticised both, and neither will ever get implemented in their current form. But just for fun, lets compare(source cnn money): http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news/economy/candidates_taxproposals_tpc/?postversion=2008061113 What Obama has done is rolled back to the previous (pre 2002) tax rates for the weathiest income brackets(about 5% of the population) and made cuts for the other 95 percent. McCain proposes leaving the 2001 Bush tax cuts intact (interesting that he was against it at the time) and give further cuts accross the board, but with the largest cuts for the wealthy, and next to nothing for the lowest income bracket. Obama propses leaving the Estate tax as is(45%), and McCain wants to cut it. Not going into details on that here, but there are so many exemptions and deductions on that tax-that rarely if ever is more than 20% tax paid and not on the full value of the estate. It affects less than 1% of the population...a total non issue and nothing more than a talking point. Oh, and what the hell is this? YouTube - Maybe ....well that would be yet another stupid ad from the McCain camp, and in fact an outright lie. And given who he just selected as his running mate, he has his work cut out for him. Obama No experience? Interesting selection like I said.