I don't get it

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Biggo Mortensen, Sep 15, 2009.

1. D_Biggo Mortensen

D_Biggo Mortensen New Member

I'm not sure why, but I always seem to attract more guys than girls. A lot more. Its the the point where I avoid Abercrombie and Fitch at all costs because I've had my ass "accidentally" felt up one too many times. A gay friend of mine asked why I won't just be bi and take advantage of it. I had to explain him how it didn't work that way lol. Past gf's have told me I'm like their str8 gay best friend. But I can't for the life of me understand why. I don't feel like I act gay-ish or dress gay-ish (gay-ish being anything that would make me readily identifiable as a gay person). I'm a sharp dresser, but I don't think good dresser = gay. Has anybody else been in a similar situation? Is there anything I can do to be more appealing to girls than dudes?

2. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Really, only the people that know you best can answer your question. Did you ask your gf why she referred to you as straight/gay?

And you're right, it doesn't work that way. Either you are attracted or at least open to a gender, or you're not. Can't be turned on or off.

3. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    i always seem to attract the ladies, especially the secretaries at work.

4. D_Biggo Mortensen

I didn't really question it at the time because it sounded cool the way she explained it. She said "I can talk to you about literally anything, and we can fuck." Only later, when I started to notice more and more guys hitting on me did it really sink in. Even guys who I was sure were 100% straight touched me more than they did their other friends. Granted, it seemed harmlessly playful but they didn't do it to other people. I don't know, I just find it weird to get that much attention from guys when I consciously do nothing to warrant it.

5. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Leave L.A. and move to some country where women out number men.

6. D_Dick_Dock_Doe

D_Dick_Dock_Doe Account Disabled

You can stop shopping at Asscrombie and Bitch, for one. That's a dead giveaway.

7. Principessa

Gold Member

I dunno. :dunno: Maybe try butching it up a bit? :confused:

8. kinks

kinks Active Member

Albums:
    +1
    That is a hell of a gay shop.

9. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Damn, Maybe that's my problem. I have the opposite problem. Truthfully, (In Real Life, not internet) I wouldn't mind at least a guy or 2 hitting on me once in a while. Don't have to act on it, just would boost the ego a bit, lol

10. D_Biggo Mortensen

ROFL I never shop there. I actually hate that store. My friends wanted to go in and I would walk through with them but now I stay away. Besides, the smell that they always have wafting through the door gives me a headache

11. D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Honestly, dude, it seems to me that there are two issues here. One of which is your issue with being hit on by dudes. Get over it. It happens.

Secondly, perhaps you should be looking to mack on chicks instead of the other way around. Unless you think you're God's gift to women, there's no reason to expect that chicks would hit on you more often than dudes would. In my experience, I am the one hitting on women. Not that women don't hit on dudes - it does happen.

And regarding A&F - I hate that fucking store. That ass smell coming out of it makes me gag. Being in marketing, I know that's their "brand scent." But I don't care. I dislike it, and I dislike everything A&F stands for...I think it's completely useless.

12. D_Biggo Mortensen

Thats not really the issue at all but that's probably my fault for not explaining it well. I don't really care either way if guys are hitting on me. Its more that I don't understand why. And I've never been one to sit back and wait for girls to come to me. If I did that, I would never get any action ever. The main thing I wanted to know was why, though I guess you can't really answer that if you don't know me. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't even have posted this.

13. D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Sorry, bro. perhaps I was a bit harsh without knowing all the details. Granted, you didn't offer them, so I went with what I had. If I actually knew you, I'd probably be able to help you better. Dudes hit on me all the time, bro. It's just something that happens - and you learn to accept it. Heck, I like it. Doesn't mean everyone does, or that they should. But it makes life a lot easier if you just let it go and learn to let things roll off of you...like water off a duck's back.:cool:

14. beretta8

Gold Member

Albums:
    It might be because these men think you are sexy....

15. D_Biggo Mortensen

Yeah, that's probably the better way to go. It wasn't so much "why are they hitting on me" as it is "why are they hitting on me and not them" but I guess if somebody finds you attractive, it can only be a compliment. Looking at it now, it really isn't that big of a deal but having my friend say "You should be bi" every time I saw him freaked me out a little. Thanks guys.

16. D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Well, like you said, take it as a complement. And don't let your friend freak you out. He can't make you do or be anything you don't want. Chalk it up to him wanting something he can't have, and subtly asking for it. Your non-response will get though to him sooner or later.

17. swimmersox

swimmersox Active Member

Eman, don't take this the wrong way, but think about it, here you are a semi-active member of "Large Penis Support Group," and you've gone to the trouble to post several pictures of your dick for the world to see. AND, from your gallery pics, I'm surmising you have that thin/toned look about you.

I know you say you're 99pct straight, but come on, a guy who's a member of LPSG and posts his cock on the web is very likely NOT 99pct gay. My guess is that something in that, er, "1 percent" of yours is sending out some pretty serious gaydar.

Live with it, accept it, and maybe even give into it. It might be fun.

All of this coming from a bi guy who considers himself "mostly" straight, but still gets tons of crap from people telling me I'm fooling myself and I'm probably mostly/totally gay. I know myself & don't think so.

But maybe these people are at least partly right... about both of us.

Good luck.

18. B_ytcorp

B_ytcorp New Member

ok, thats pretty damn funny

but for the OP, I can't really say, I'd say its likely something you've just got to deal with... you could try asking your close friends why they get the gay vibe might be a good place to start.

19. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

Maybe try leaving your purse at home?

And why is it that I keep getting hit on everytime I go to a gay bar? Dont they know I am not gay!!!

*end sarcasm*

The point is, you go where the gays are, you will get attention. Gays are men, and men are more aggressive. The thing with your female friend is has nothing to do with all this. That is just how she defines the friendship.

And look at it from a logical point of view. Whatever it is you are doing, it is attracting gays. So if it bothers you, do something else. If you want to attract women, do the things that attract woman.

And this line: "You can stop shopping at Asscrombie and Bitch, for one. That's a dead giveaway." was very funny.

20. D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Thanks, boiz. I thought it was pretty damn funny, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted