I don't know any other way to say it, so I'll just say it.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_N Flay Table, Oct 10, 2008.

1. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

A lot of people here are conservative douche bags.
    I am a Libertarian.
    I just registered democrat to vote for the man.
    I have been registered Libertarian since I was 18.
    Ron Paul was my first choice, but since he has dropped out
    I can only see light at the end of the tunnel.
    But when having to choose between two men, McCain and Obama.
    The choice is clear.
    Our lives depend on it.
    OBAMA 08.

2. lucky8

Gold Member

He's up 11 points in polls, he will win

3. Pokey4fun

Pokey4fun New Member

Albums:
    Wow... More hate voting for Obama surprise surprise

4. D_N Flay Table

open your mouth as wide as you can, and try to blow me.

5. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

LOL! :cool:

6. Pokey4fun

Pokey4fun New Member

Albums:
    When you classify a group of people then degrade them that is hate speech.

And no thanks .

7. D_N Flay Table

Let me explain, then please reply.
    Your voice here is as valid as any ones.

1. I did not classify a group of people.
    I said "Conservative douche bags" and last time I checked I am entitled to an opinion. Having served my Country.

2. After seeing the atrocities of war, I feel that perhaps we are in need of a different way of thinking.

3. In light of our recent economical situation, that effects myself, and millions of other Americans, I feel that we need a new direction.

That is what I have to say.

8. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I lean toward your point of view and I'm so definitely voting Obama (as anyone knows), but I stop at name calling. Most of the conservatives' opinions here make my head explode, but many of them are intelligent and rational people. Seriously misguided, I think, but they still get my respect.

9. BIGDP

BIGDP Member

Albums:
    Hey, DJG --

You know you are my favorite gallery man on LPSG!

I could not agree with you more. I happen to be a Texan, and there are so many of us who supported Ron Paul. He is incredible, and so out of the main stream. I don't want to mis-characterize him, but he definitely seems to swing Libertarian which is the road I'd like to travel.

Again, as a Texan, I am so disgusted with George W. Bullshit. I never voted for him or his daddy. I can't wait until he's out of office and doing infomercials for laxatives or something.
    DP

10. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

Say it with me now ...

President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama.

Get used to it 'cause it's gonna happen! Young people and African-Americans are gonna turn out in DROVES and make it a landslide.

11. Flashy

Gold Member

1. while i do very seriously agree about the far right being very seriously misguided on many issues, calling them "conservative douchebags", is probably not the way to go, especially as you are a libertarian...and libertarianism contains a very large helping of conservatism, at least in the way it has come to be designated these days. You cannot be a libertarian without holding many values in common with conservatives, like it or not. (I say that as a liberal libertarian myself)

2. If you are a libertarian, why are you not voting libertarian? If there ever was a time when 3rd parties needed to be heard, it is now that the republicans and democrats have finally brought us face to face with looking into the abyss of ruin.

3. Why would you change your registration to democrat? You do not have to register as a democrat to vote for Obama. Why would you register as member of one of the two corrupt, despicable, broken political machines that are ruining this country?

If you want to vote for Obama, then do so, but why become a democrat in the process?

4. Your choice isn't between two men. there are other candidates on the ballot. They may not win, but there are other choices.

5. If american lives depend on Barack Obama, then our country is already lost.

Our lives depend on voting out of office, through our political process, the same two corrupt, short-sighted, wild spending, incompetent, partisan, despicable political parties represented by Barack Obama and John McCain, who do nothing but bicker, steal, and subvert our nation with waste, incompetence, pork barrel spending and a dearth of new ideas.

If you want true change, neither of these candidates offer it.

Also, if Ron Paul was your choice, wouldn't it make sense to choose someone closer in ideals to him (i.e. Libertarian) instead of someone who is virtually totally opposite to all his positions? (Obama)

#11 Flashy, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  12. dunno_what

dunno_what Member

Albums:
    I don't begin to even try to understand the USA voting system but from the outside, this is what I have to say.

YOU HAVE THE MOST POWERFUL ECONOMY IN THE WORLD. BE RESPONSIBLE! We have all seen what ridiculous and inappropriate spending does to not only your country but other 'stable' economies around the world.

In terms of totally personal governing, a libertarianist would be for government sponsored health care, welfare, lower defense spending, and higher taxes for the rich. And as much as I have faith in humanity, I cannot see a revolution of this manner occurring any time soon.

But then again, I am just some Aussie whose country's financial future is depending on this vote.

13. Flashy

Gold Member

well, i do not pretend to know what a "libertarianist" would be in Australia, but Libertarians here are nowhere near the type that you described.

Libertarians are completely against government sponsored health care
    are completely against higher taxes on anyone, regardless of level, in fact most libertarians are for the complete abolition of virtually all direct income taxation.

are against a large federal government, preferring states rights' over those of the federal government

are against membership in NATO and the UN
    are against the federal "war on drugs"

and a host of other things...

so you may be confusing "Libertarian" with a similar sounding Australian party (that i have not heard of)

14. davec94

davec94 Member

yes that hey-rab Obama is the candidate of HATE and intolerance. Vote McCain for brotherly love (purely platonic, of course)!!!

15. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nah...won't happen. Black people won't turn out in droves. Hell, I remember working the phone banks here in Louisiana when Edwards was running and his opponents were trying to elect the fuckin' grand wizard of the KKK, no less, as governor of the state.

Hell, when we called homes we found out Black folk were hardly voting at all. Most stayed home watching the all day "Sandford and Son" marathon.... on Fox.

16. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL, you must not be black. Young people are probably going to turn out, but blacks? Not really. Last I heard there were approx. 7 million unregistered blacks in the country.

17. D_N Flay Table

well, we can always hope can't we?!?!?:rolleyes:

18. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    Even though I think we will have record numbers of black and young people vote this year, it will still be lower than expected. It always is every year - even in 2004 which was very heated.

19. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Tell us who... if you have the nads.

And what do you mean by a lot.... 5?

#19 faceking, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  20. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    too much morality and self-ethics involved son... it's the "lesser of two evils" take in tow.

Draft saved Draft deleted