I don't know any other way to say it, so I'll just say it.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
Nah...won't happen. Black people won't turn out in droves. Hell, I remember working the phone banks here in Louisiana when Edwards was running and his opponents were trying to elect the fuckin' grand wizard of the KKK, no less, as governor of the state.

Hell, when we called homes we found out Black folk were hardly voting at all. Most stayed home watching the all day "Sandford and Son" marathon.... on Fox.

I live in the Atlanta area, and here's what's up with early voting here. Usually, Black folks make up 27% of early voters here. All the experts thought they would make up 30% of early voters this year because of the extra interest in the race.

Nope ... it's 40%. And young people are turning out in bigger-than-normal numbers, too. So .... say it with me now ...

President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama. President Obama.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A lot of people here are conservative douche bags.
I am a Libertarian.
I just registered democrat to vote for the man.
I have been registered Libertarian since I was 18.
Ron Paul was my first choice, but since he has dropped out
I can only see light at the end of the tunnel.
But when having to choose between two men, McCain and Obama.
The choice is clear.
Our lives depend on it.
OBAMA 08.
I am a libertarian who leans conservative (I was all for Ron Paul, still have the stickers on my car actually). But I don't really care for your conservative stereotype and all those here who seem to subscribe to this bullshit stereotype. In fact, I don't even know why I come to the political section anymore because all I hear is conservative bashing and then the few people who identify themselves as conservatives come in all pissed off. Or vice-versa. Bunch of childish shit and I'm disappointed that you had to go and make a whole thread dedicated to it.

IMHO, I think we are screwed whether we vote McCain or Obama. Like Flashy said below, if our lives depend on one man (be it Obama or McCain, or anyone else) we truly are doomed.

1. while i do very seriously agree about the far right being very seriously misguided on many issues, calling them "conservative douchebags", is probably not the way to go, especially as you are a libertarian...and libertarianism contains a very large helping of conservatism, at least in the way it has come to be designated these days. You cannot be a libertarian without holding many values in common with conservatives, like it or not. (I say that as a liberal libertarian myself)

2. If you are a libertarian, why are you not voting libertarian? If there ever was a time when 3rd parties needed to be heard, it is now that the republicans and democrats have finally brought us face to face with looking into the abyss of ruin.

3. Why would you change your registration to democrat? You do not have to register as a democrat to vote for Obama. Why would you register as member of one of the two corrupt, despicable, broken political machines that are ruining this country?

If you want to vote for Obama, then do so, but why become a democrat in the process?

4. Your choice isn't between two men. there are other candidates on the ballot. They may not win, but there are other choices.

5. If american lives depend on Barack Obama, then our country is already lost.

Our lives depend on voting out of office, through our political process, the same two corrupt, short-sighted, wild spending, incompetent, partisan, despicable political parties represented by Barack Obama and John McCain, who do nothing but bicker, steal, and subvert our nation with waste, incompetence, pork barrel spending and a dearth of new ideas.

If you want true change, neither of these candidates offer it.

Also, if Ron Paul was your choice, wouldn't it make sense to choose someone closer in ideals to him (i.e. Libertarian) instead of someone who is virtually totally opposite to all his positions? (Obama)
QFT.

I don't know why people are hating on you for what you said here Flashy as I think all points you brought up were very valid and need to be examined.