i don't know what to say to her anymore.

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spladle said:
Are you high?
do you have to ask?

*goober.

i used to have a friend who was a soccer player and 5'9", and she said she was 120 lbs, so thats where i based my facts. i guess she was lying because she had the nicest round muscley/fatty ass ive ever seen in my life; the kind that you just want to squeeze and pound on all day, but small breasts.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

Perhaps it may be the time for your whole family to go on a nutrition and exercise over haul. No, 220 lbs. is not healthy, but it doesnt have to stay that way.Acknowledge your wife's need to change and let her know that you will support her and even exercise and change your dietary habits to support her. Incidently, walking can also help to raise your wife's seratonin levels naturally. Losing weight and changing ones body can be stressful but commend her in her desire to make that change.

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Try going cycling with her...make stops for smooching and stuff. Be there to encourage her. I used to cycle faster and beat all my friends whereas by myself I'd go at a nice pace.

I used to cycle a lot...I miss it lol. Maybe look at her diet too. Exercise is worthless in losing weight without diet. If you're eating more calories than you burn then you won't lose weight.

Cycling, swimming, weights (light weights) are good. I used to cycle every day and be very fit. Until my bike was stolen...

But I would say encourage her. Did she used to be a lower weight? Has she had children? It's probably TV. Years ago everyone was a lil chubby and coped fine.

Good luck. I would say being with her and there for her is the way to go. Girls are difficult.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lee_M said:
Not funny and not helpful sweetie
I wasn't trying to be funny, but you're just plain wrong if you don't think my suggestion would work. Sex burns like a bazillion calories an hour. Look it up if you don't believe me.

sometimesomewhere

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thanks for everyone's helpful comments... word to everyone who said something constructive.

she blames me for not having her bicycle ready for the summer. i have been trying to get her to come to this recycle-a-bike program with me for almost a year now and she always has some lame excuse. while, yeah, i know how to manage a bike and repair and change parts on it and ultimately fix hers for her, that shouldn't stop her from taking initiative and fixing her bike on her own. minor things need to be done to a bike to maintain it and she's not giving an inch to learn how, and i'm kinda lagging on getting her bike a seat, so we're both culpable for that. but i could go on a rant here about this subject so let's change that, okay?

as for her diet, she eats pretty much the same as me, although she's not a vegetarian and i am, and i have no right to impose that on her. we shop together, and try to avoid bad stuff. as far as i know, she doesn't sneak bad foods. but, i'm not with her 24/7, so i don't know if she drinks a soda or eats a candybar or something. i know when she's on her rag she wants sweets... but that's obvious to me because she'll get that look in her eyes and the house will shake and then i'm on my way to the Co-Go's. (sorry, i'm not intentionally being sexist here, but she's a girl who likes her candy when she's on her period. i know some girls don't crave at all, so i'm not down with generalizations.)

so, i really just think if she were more active she'd lose some weight... even 20 pounds would be good. i'm okay with the weight loss, by the way, i wouldn't be willing to help her if i didn't want to see her healthy and happy.

sometimesomewhere

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Originally Posted by Spladle
wtf, 5'10" 220? That bitch needs to drop like fifty pounds, and fast.

My recommendation? Fuck her thin. Seriously, sex is good exercise when done right.

:heart:

(Lee_M) - Not funny and not helpful sweetie"

agreed, Lee_M.

you could have, um, worded this better. i know you were offering your opinion, but that is quite rude.

i'm not trying to start a fight, and i'm not angry, but just please think about what you're saying before you call someone's wife a "bitch." even over the internet.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Take the inititave and get her bike ready for her, the fact that she hasnt done it herself is her way of blaming someone (you) else for her weight...so just do it for her and dont give her any more excuses. She is probably embaressed by how she looks and is stuck in a rut.

Also maybe try exercise that is more social and less focused on weight loss, take her for a healthy picnic and a long walk or a day at a theme park (thay can e hard work) where she is moving all day..Tennis, squash, golf or whatever she would consider fun.

Either way tell her you love her and keep saying she is beautiful without mentioning her size...There is nothing worse than being fat and hearing someone else talk about it all the time

joker

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
good lord..I'm only 5'3''-5'4'' range and 145 lbs. on me is skinny. 120 lbs. on a 5'10'' woman would be skin and bones...no room for muscles. IMHO, a little bit of jiggle is okay...and guys love a girl who's comfortable in their skin...and who oozes sex appeal...whether they're a 36-24-36 or 43-32-42.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sometimesomewhere said:
hello.

i put this post here because i'm having a problem with my wife.

it's got nothing to do with me or my penis... but has everything to do with her being overweight and not happy with it. she has a very low self opinion and her being big doesn't help. me, i don't mind it. in fact, i like a bigger girl. i'm sure i'd love my wife and find her attractive even if she was 400 lbs, and she's no where near that now. i try and try to tell her that she's sexy and make her feel good about herself, but it doesn't do it. i'm running out of ideas. and she hates how i love her curves, she calls them "gross." lately, she's been wanting to start riding a bike around to help her shed some whieght (she says 100 lbs, which would put her at 120 i think, but she's five foot ten and i think that's not a healthy weight for that hieght anyway.)

while i'm supportive in her drive to get thinner, i'm also gonna miss the extra curves. i'm conflicted, and i don't know how to make her feel good about her self the way she is. maybe i should help her try and lose wieght? i built a bicycle for her, and all it needs is a few more parts and it's done. so that's not far off.

i don't know what to do.

"help her get comfortable in her own skin" or "help her look the way everyone else wants her to look"

okay ... have at it.

My thoughts on this, take 'em as you wish;

You're preferable to being as you put it, "a bigger girl" and "like her curves", right?

Well, from what I've inferred here, she finds both things not of her preference.

And I don't think you are making a concentrated effort as you say you are to be that much supportive in her efforts to shed some poundage.

If you really applaud her efforts to change herself, then don't be thinking about you're losing, but think about she gains, in the spiritual sense of course;

A better self esteem,
More confidence
And very quite possibly whole helluva lot less depression and negativity.

And by the way, 220 lbs at 5'10", yeah, I'd try losing at least 70 lbs. 150lbs is much healthier than that.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sometimesomewhere said:
"Originally Posted by Spladle
wtf, 5'10" 220? That bitch needs to drop like fifty pounds, and fast.

My recommendation? Fuck her thin. Seriously, sex is good exercise when done right.

:heart:

(Lee_M) - Not funny and not helpful sweetie"

agreed, Lee_M.

you could have, um, worded this better. i know you were offering your opinion, but that is quite rude.

i'm not trying to start a fight, and i'm not angry, but just please think about what you're saying before you call someone's wife a "bitch." even over the internet.
I didn't mean "bitch" in a bad way. I meant it like the way rappers mean it, I think.