I Dont Like the Way This Smells...

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
You've got to understand, Hung Muscle: The neoliberal economic policies of the GOP since Reagan have basically been a policy of perpetual motion.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whoa! Careful here.... let's recall a few things. Clinton inherited the tech boom, plain and simple... he didn't do much of anything to instill that great economic cycle (keep in mind Clinton's unemployment after his first 4 years was higher than GW Bush's).
Anyways, the economy is cyclical in nature, always has, always will... the president can make an impact, but in the broader scheme of things, if the wave is so strong, there isn't much than can be done to keep it from hitting the beach, or rushing back to see. Bush's economy/budget didn't go into effect until October 2001. Keep in mind that Clinton's economy ran well through October 2001... well after the job loss started at an alarming rate, mechanics setup for a rough ride on the US dollar, 9/11 and a host of economic downturns. But in the end didn't wind up too much...

Bush inherited corporate fraud, Enron, the tech bubble burst, and so forth. All false health that prospered under Clinton. And... that's not a knock on Clinton, there wasn't much to do about it. Save your armchair quarterbacking on bashing Clinton. The deficit was bound to happen, yes Bush has made it worse... but look at the numbers (and not from site with Michael Moore ads running on it)... look and understand the broader scheme of things here. We have an extremely robust economy right now,... again an extremely robust economy. We just got a little too spoiled by the 98-00 era.

>>>Clinton's surplus
Zora, explain to me how Clinton himself created this surplus? Oh wait, he appointed Gore, and Gore invented the Internet, and the Internet fueled the economy. That's right. Kidding. Don't give Clinton too much credit on this... and if you do... you still have to give Bush his chance. Look across board in measurable economic metrics... the Clinton '96 figures vs the Bush '04 figures... pretty close top to bottom. But I'm just throwing ill-fated logic back...

>>what happens when China and everyone else we are now so deeply in debt to calls in the note.
What happens if/when interest rates only inch up over a long period of time, and China gets a slow n' soft squeeze? Exactly, yer thinking the same thing I am.

This isn't a pro or anti Bush post... I just see a lot of ignorant statements, but figured the economy/deficit post by Zora as something consturctive... the others are mostly childish at best.

Originally posted by madame_zora@Jan 8 2005, 04:09 AM
I don't know how anyone can utter Clinton and

bush in the same paragraph, the former left a substantial surplus while the latter has plunged us into the worst deficit in the last 75 years. You can like the pres or not, but his agressive drain on our nations financial standing will be a gift left over from this administration for many years to come. It will be interesting to see what happens when China and everyone else we are now so deeply in debt to calls in the note. I'll be laughing my ass off at the blame shifting the Repubs will be doing then.

Clinton's surplus could have done a lot of good if not plopped into the hands of this moron, grrrrr. BTW, I don't think he can be blamed for not being able to get the Repubs to go along with his healthcare program.
[post=273076]Quoted post[/post]​

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
The previous post post by Fakeking is unbelievable. The Republicans have run on a balanced budget amendment now for 25 years. Reagon ran up the largest dificit in the history of our republic until the present President Bush who has run up the highest in the history of our nation.

Zora may not be the head professor of economics at Harvard but she can look at simple arithmetic and see that Bush just keeps cutting taxes and raising spending. It only takes an 8th grade math education to figure that one out. Not that I am suggesting that Zora only has an eighth grade education.

And this robust economy. That is wonderful. Where is it? Oh I know the stock market has rebounded some and our millionaires have recovered. Great. The unemployment firgures are down. That is because after a period of being unemployed your unemployment benefits are cut out and you are no longer considered unemployed by the goernment. But you still don't have a job. Much of our Corporate profit is based on the "slave" factories in other countries. When those countries decide to nationalize the factories and they will. (Ask Britain, France and Germany if that didn't happen to them in the past.) Then what will the stock market do?

And Bush's plan is to dismantle social security. Big business has always not wanted to pay the 7.5 % of wages into a program to guarentee our working people a decent retirement. This has long been in the Republican think tank philosphy going back to Goldwater.

I am a storng supporter of our troops overseas. To not do so is something I just can't do. But I don't think they were sent there for the right reason. Dick Chaney's friends at Haliburton wanted more profits so we the tax payers had to finance a war to recover the oil wells that Hussain nationalized that belonged to Haliburton. Bush was so brash as to give a huge contract to Halibirtpm without bids. A big no no.

Clinton was not perfect. But he only had one official convicted of any crime in his entire adminstration. No other president has that good a record. The only thing on Clinton was that he had a little fun with a girl. That is a no no for sure. Except she was an adult not a minor. And it was Hillary's problem, not the special prosecutor's problem.

And the special prosecutor locked up an innocnet woman in shakles and she was told to either lie on Clinton or stay in jail. She refused to make up a story so she was held as a political prisoner. Yes here in the United States of America by a Republican prosecutor.

You bet I am a Clinton admirer. And I think Bush is an excelent cowboy and belongs on his ranch whre he can play games with his gun and his holster all he wants.

Yes, I know all about that so called cylcle but in the past 25 years the only surpluses have been under Clinton. And none under a Republican. And there has been only 8 years of a Democratic president. the other 17 years were under Republicans.

Zora knows what she is talking about here. And the American people were voted for Bush for family values. Well as soon as the election was won, family values went out the window. The religious right is rising up because they delivered the election and now Bush isn't doing what the religous right was led to believe he would do. And he won't any more than he will balance the budget.

Republicans have always run on scare tactics. Remember Joe McCarthy and his famous witch hunts of the 50's?

Now I knwo the Democrats are puerfect. That have made their fair share of mistakes too. But let's not change history here.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Faceking, I see I was wrong. The Repubs aren't waiting for anything to start doing the blameshifting.

Robust economy- HA! Let's talk about average income with cost of living factored in. A lot of people who were gainfully employed and lost their jobs had to take significantly lower paying jobs in their stead. Almost every retail store I heard about reported awful sales in December, which is what many depend on to save the year.

Sure, I'm bitter. I live in Ohio, why wouldn't I be? We were hit the hardest of any state in the nation by the outsourcing of jobs, and we still didn't have enough awareness of what was going on to go blue. God, I hate stupidity, but I hate it most of all when self-interest won't even intercede. Almost everyone I talked to thought this would be a landslide victory for Kerry, based on economic issues alone. Most of my city is still walking around in stunned disbelief. We actually talk to each other now, and it's not uncommon to get hugs from strangers and supporting words like "we'll find a way to get through this, it's only four more years". The common shock is very real and very apparent. Whoever voted for bush here in Ohio is remaining very, very quiet. I'd like to kick his ass though, apparently he voted quite a lot!

Deficit, if you don't believe it, I can't help you. Nonetheless, it's still true. Your denying it or minimising it bears no weight on reality. It still exists, and we'll still be clawing our way out of it for years. I have worked with the elderly in the past as a cemeterian, I know firsthand how difficult it is for the many who must survive on social security alone. It made me sick to see them have to decide which perscription to fill, or should they eat? (Hmm, buy the pills I need to survive even though bush won't allow me to get them cheaper from Canada, or buy the food I need to survive? Which shall it be?) We all know that Americans pay the highest prices for drugs, even though many are manufactured here. Why? Because the drug companies know they can, and since they were the main contributors ot bush's campain, I doubt we'll be seeing any relief until the day before he steps out of office, then perhaps his filthy cinscience will get the best of him. He'll get to look like a hero even though he protected his own ass the whole time. I asked a man once what would happen if he just couldn't afford to buy his medicine and he said, very casually "I guess I'll just have to die." With the drain of this already strained system (yes, the size of the Baby Boomer generation did most of it), I see no way for it to survive. But why worry about that? I'm not old yet, so fuck 'em.

Yeah, Clinton inherited the tech market, but as I recall, he presided over the decline of it as well! He still managed a fiscally responsible spending record and amassed the largest surplus in history. Fact. It's in the past, you can't change it with words or disbelief. In just four short years, bush has gone from inheriting the largest surplus in history to plunging us into the deepest deficit. I don't have to know any more than THIRD grade math to figure that one out! How many companies did he bankrupt before he got into office??????? Who was the brain surgeon who thought an idiot like that was qualified to run a country? Apparently, he used all the wealth of knowledge he had applied to his former ventures with exactly the same results- not exactly a surprise. Doing the same things does tend to yeild the same results, there's "duh" for ya! He cares about his own pocketbook, and absolutely nothing else. He wants to be popular so he can get his agendas passed. He wants to leave a legacy of his impact. He wants to outshine his father. I think he'll succeed on all counts.

bush doesn't get to cry about Haliburton or Enron, because they were his buddies in the first place! How many of them have been prosecuted? I smell a rat there. Good to know the Good Ol Boy program is till there to protect the, well, good old boys. The rich are sure getting richer, but the middle class is dwindling dramatically. Restaurants are slow, whole chains are closing. Anything that is a non-necessity is hurting right now. Oddly enough, high-end luxury items are faring fine. Hmm, the wealthy don't seem concerned about gas prices, they can still afford Lexuses, they remain unfettered by trivial things like accountability (Enron, Haliburton) and even get to remain Vice President AND pres! Yeah, we're doing great. Sure, I'm no economist, but neither are you! I am a concerned citizen who reads more than the majority of Americans, and frankly I'm shocked at the way this administration has just gotten away with their misdeeds. Election fraud twice, that's hot.

It's the old shell game, misdirect out attention to what he (they) want us to look at, while what's really going on remains behind closed doors. This is not "conspiracy theory", and Freddie's right that the religious right is getting upset about bush's lack of follow through on his promises to them. It was only a means to an end- to get himself elected (har!), now that it's done, he doesn't give a rats' ass about them. He never did. "Not all who say "Lord, lord" will enter the gates of Heaven". He's a fraud. My only hope is that he exposes himself for what he is. The problem is that even if he does, those who were on his side will have to admit that they were foolish enough to be duped, which isn't likely to happen. So, nomatter what he does, those who supported him will continue to defend their bad decision, just so they won't have to admit they were wrong. God help us all.

And now, I'm slumping off to sew for about 12 hours so I can go out selling costumes tomorrow for about 8 hours to dancers who work in bars that are virtually empty compared to four years ago. You may hate my industry, but it is something of a barometer of "expendible cash". Four years ago I could work 40 or 50 hours to make about 40% more than I make now working 80 to 90 hours a week. I'm here all the time because there's nothing else to do from 4 to 6am, which is my only free time. Geez, I despise that man. I'm tired of feeling haggard. I'm tired of my friends all having to bum money off of each other because we're all so broke. I don't mind working so much because I'm single, but what about people who have families, but they have to take second jobs to keep a roof over their heads? Sure, they're employed, but quality of life is going down the tubes.

remotehypnosis: The one thing that surprises me most is that people in the USA are still voting, handing over their power to these people. If you stopped voting for them the power would all come back to the people.

You know in the UK people are calling your country the United Snakes of AmeriKKKa again. There is a real sense that the American administration is evil. Of course that's probably untrue, but Bush is playing war games in real life and that must be stopped.

Its admirable that so many young Americans are willing to die for what they believe in, however I am worried that those beliefs are thinly veiled serpentine lies.

That's my take on politics and war.

Kazon:
Originally posted by remotehypnosis.com@Jan 9 2005, 07:58 AM
The one thing that surprises me most is that people in the USA are still voting, handing over their power to these people. If you stopped voting for them the power would all come back to the people.

You know in the UK people are calling your country the United Snakes of AmeriKKKa again. There is a real sense that the American administration is evil. Of course that's probably untrue, but Bush is playing war games in real life and that must be stopped.

Its admirable that so many young Americans are willing to die for what they believe in, however I am worried that those beliefs are thinly veiled serpentine lies.

That's my take on politics and war.
[post=273315]Quoted post[/post]​
Remotehypnosis.com

No u r not going there! 1st off welcome to LPSG. Your whole class system....please.

Great Britian = A Royal Family The King & Queen of... (Parlimentary System) ( Though I do like the way you blokes dig in and question your PM) Your arrogant class system based upon blood/good breading...please

USA = King & Queen of Enron, Duke & Dutches of AT&T ( Congress/House of Representitives) our class system is Money. If you have tons of it & have a company that employs thousands you are an americianized King/Queen. ( Look at all of these corporate wanna be idiots, patterning their dress and manerisums thus aspiring to be a CEO) In Great britian everyone wants to find out that they have a blood link the the Queen and aspires to be scene having tea with her.

The differences when you break it all down especially if you have read all the works of our founding fathers ( that is why it is very disconcerting when the courts/poloticians want to look at something intending to interprit it as our founding fathers would have)...............Shit, one read of the Federialst Papers, #10 especially, will make your realize that the intent of our founding fathers was to change rule to a hand full of wealthy land owners & their companys...from a single rulling family and a system which still gave them a lot of behind tha scenes power. Nevertheless, Please, the Queen of England is the wealthest & most powerfull woman on the planet......do not think that a PM or other can do waht they want for to long without her input.

I went to vegas for 3 weeks last year and I found myself donig activities where in most cases I was the only americian in a group of subjects of the Crown ( accoriding to many of these subjects Vegas is a top 10 vacation(holiday spot) on a helicopter trip this was a true example of the Crowns class system at work. The couple from Leeds, England would not speak with or look at the couple from New Castle, England. I got them to look at each other once though when we were grounded because rumsfeld or another closed down the whole airport for their arrival, and in a bus full of Englanders and Red Staters, in my best Bronx accent I said FUCK BUSH AND RUMSFELD...the englanders agreed and giggled while i watched in great satisfaction the colour drain from the faces of the red staters. :D

Bottom line..different systems, same outcome.

an aside...In England you have only 1 Queen whereas in Americia we have so
many.

Yes I agree tha bush is a shmuck & that you are Cute.

Kazon: :ninja:
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jan 9 2005, 07:07 AM
Faceking, I see I was wrong. The Repubs aren't waiting for anything to start doing the blameshifting.

Robust economy- HA! Let's talk about average income with cost of living factored in. A lot of people who were gainfully employed and lost their jobs had to take significantly lower paying jobs in their stead. Almost every retail store I heard about reported awful sales in December, which is what many depend on to save the year.

Sure, I'm bitter. I live in Ohio, why wouldn't I be? We were hit the hardest of any state in the nation by the outsourcing of jobs, and we still didn't have enough awareness of what was going on to go blue. God, I hate stupidity, but I hate it most of all when self-interest won't even intercede. Almost everyone I talked to thought this would be a landslide victory for Kerry, based on economic issues alone. Most of my city is still walking around in stunned disbelief. We actually talk to each other now, and it's not uncommon to get hugs from strangers and supporting words like "we'll find a way to get through this, it's only four more years". The common shock is very real and very apparent. Whoever voted for bush here in Ohio is remaining very, very quiet. I'd like to kick his ass though, apparently he voted quite a lot!

Deficit, if you don't believe it, I can't help you. Nonetheless, it's still true. Your denying it or minimising it bears no weight on reality. It still exists, and we'll still be clawing our way out of it for years. I have worked with the elderly in the past as a cemeterian, I know firsthand how difficult it is for the many who must survive on social security alone. It made me sick to see them have to decide which perscription to fill, or should they eat? (Hmm, buy the pills I need to survive even though bush won't allow me to get them cheaper from Canada, or buy the food I need to survive? Which shall it be?) We all know that Americans pay the highest prices for drugs, even though many are manufactured here. Why? Because the drug companies know they can, and since they were the main contributors ot bush's campain, I doubt we'll be seeing any relief until the day before he steps out of office, then perhaps his filthy cinscience will get the best of him. He'll get to look like a hero even though he protected his own ass the whole time. I asked a man once what would happen if he just couldn't afford to buy his medicine and he said, very casually "I guess I'll just have to die."  With the drain of this already strained system (yes, the size of the Baby Boomer generation did most of it), I see no way for it to survive. But why worry about that? I'm not old yet, so fuck 'em.

Yeah, Clinton inherited the tech market, but as  I recall, he presided over the decline of it as well! He still managed a fiscally responsible spending record and amassed the largest surplus in history. Fact. It's in the past, you can't change it with words or disbelief. In just four short years, bush has gone from inheriting the largest surplus in history to plunging us into the deepest deficit. I don't have to know any more than THIRD grade math to figure that one out!  How many companies did he bankrupt before he got into office???????  Who was the brain surgeon who thought an idiot like that was qualified to run a country? Apparently, he used all the wealth of knowledge he had applied to his former ventures with exactly the same results- not exactly a surprise. Doing the same things does tend to yeild the same results, there's  "duh" for ya!  He cares about his own pocketbook, and absolutely nothing else. He wants to be popular so he can get his agendas passed. He wants to leave a legacy of his impact. He wants to outshine his father. I think he'll succeed on all counts.

bush doesn't get to cry about Haliburton or Enron, because they were his buddies in the first place! How many of them have been prosecuted? I smell a rat there. Good to know the Good Ol Boy program is till there to protect the, well, good old boys. The rich are sure getting richer, but the middle class is dwindling dramatically. Restaurants are slow, whole chains are closing. Anything that is a non-necessity is hurting right now. Oddly enough, high-end luxury items are faring fine. Hmm, the wealthy don't seem concerned about gas prices, they can still afford Lexuses, they remain unfettered by trivial things like accountability (Enron, Haliburton) and even get to remain Vice President AND pres! Yeah, we're doing great. Sure, I'm no economist, but neither are you! I am a concerned citizen who reads more than the majority of Americans, and frankly I'm shocked at the way this administration has just gotten away with their misdeeds. Election fraud twice, that's hot.

It's the old shell game, misdirect out attention to what he (they) want us to look at, while what's really going on remains behind closed doors. This is not "conspiracy theory", and Freddie's right that the religious right is getting upset about bush's lack of follow through on his promises to them. It was only a means to an end- to get himself elected (har!), now that it's done, he doesn't give a rats' ass about them. He never did. "Not all who say "Lord, lord" will enter the gates of Heaven". He's a fraud. My only hope is that he exposes himself for what he is. The problem is that even if he does, those who were on his side will have to admit that they were foolish enough to be duped, which isn't likely to happen. So, nomatter what he does, those who supported him will continue to defend their bad decision, just so they won't have to admit they were wrong. God help us all.

And now, I'm slumping off to sew for about 12 hours so I can go out selling costumes tomorrow for about 8 hours to dancers who work in bars that are virtually empty compared to four years ago. You may hate my industry, but it is something of a barometer of "expendible cash". Four years ago I could work 40 or 50 hours to make about 40% more than I make now working 80 to 90 hours a week. I'm here all the time because there's nothing else to do from 4 to 6am, which is my only free time. Geez, I despise that man. I'm tired of feeling haggard. I'm tired of my friends all having to bum money off of each other because we're all so broke. I don't mind working so much because I'm single, but what about people who have families, but they have to take second jobs to keep a roof over their heads? Sure, they're employed, but quality of life is going down the tubes.
[post=273303]Quoted post[/post]​
:ninja:

MZ, Freddie53 & Faceking:

I am a staunch Blue Stater ( Northeast Liberial bohemian Elitists. I hate those Incestious, confederate flag waving, whore-hoping & bible slinging red staters)

Thus I have a Democratic slant. Nevertheless, Democrate/Republican/Liberal........THEY ARE ALL FULL OF SHIT! It comes down to the difference between the lessor of 2 evils.

I must say MZ, I was very disapointed when Ohio went Red. Especially in light of the huge Job loses as a result of the republican ways. I do though believe that the Homosexual & bisexual communities handed huge numbers to the republicans...I attempted to educate so many within the gay community that you can not just force your lifestyles onto the the public when, with the exception of a few pockets within this country, most people get their gay exposure from sitcoms, not form having 2 male flames or/and 2 300lb dykes, holding hands and smuching next to Cinderellas castle in Disneyland, with children of farm owners in Kansas looking on. That was the picture sent & received. Thus another 4 years and some of this cowboy as Freddie 53 pointed out. Do not get me wrong, I do not and I cannot afford for my taxes to go up(I pay 35%) yet I knew that they would go up now under Kerry. Though with bush they will proably be much higher in 10 years because of what he has been & is going to be doing. :(

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, faceking, the bipartisan Congressional Budget Office says you can blame much of the deficit on Bush's tax cuts.

Kazon:
Originally posted by jonb@Jan 9 2005, 04:54 PM
Actually, faceking, the bipartisan Congressional Budget Office says you can blame much of the deficit on Bush's tax cuts.
[post=273399]Quoted post[/post]​

So tru jonb....so true.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Kazon+Jan 9 2005, 09:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kazon &#064; Jan 9 2005, 09:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Jan 9 2005, 04:54 PM
Actually, faceking, the bipartisan Congressional Budget Office says you can blame much of the deficit on Bush&#39;s tax cuts.

So tru jonb....so true.
[post=273404]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yes, this is where extremely simple logic comes into play. If you decrease income and increase expenditures, it is only a matter of time until you run out of money. This is not rocket science, any business run this way would fail (like all of the shrub&#39;s former enterprises). So we&#39;re failing, and falling, it will be interesting to see where we land at the end of the next four years. The only thing that makes me happy is that we are certainly losing our "superpower status" and other nations are finally seeing us for the schmucks we really are. They are saying "no" to our absurdity even though "we the people" can&#39;t seem to filter through it.

RH, I think your assessment of Amerikkka is not far off. We are back to being a land of prejudiced inbred assholes, and it seems in some ways people are relieved. Guess it was too hard for many to have to put up the front of tolerance to others. Now the rednecks seems proud to state their idiotic views, &#39;cuz bush doesn&#39;t like those n-------rs or queers either&#33; *sigh*. At least under Clinton, following the President&#39;s lead meant you&#39;d go get a blowjob. Being an asshole is higher on the heirarchy of sin because it&#39;s a lifestyle, not an event.

Kazon:
Originally posted by madame_zora+Jan 9 2005, 06:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Jan 9 2005, 06:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Kazon@Jan 9 2005, 09:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jonb
@Jan 9 2005, 04:54 PM
Actually, faceking, the bipartisan Congressional Budget Office says you can blame much of the deficit on Bush&#39;s tax cuts.

So tru jonb....so true.
[post=273404]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, this is where extremely simple logic comes into play. If you decrease income and increase expenditures, it is only a matter of time until you run out of money. This is not rocket science, any business run this way would fail (like all of the shrub&#39;s former enterprises). So we&#39;re failing, and falling, it will be interesting to see where we land at the end of the next four years. The only thing that makes me happy is that we are certainly losing our "superpower status" and other nations are finally seeing us for the schmucks we really are. They are saying "no" to our absurdity even though "we the people" can&#39;t seem to filter through it.

RH, I think your assessment of Amerikkka is not far off. We are back to being a land of prejudiced inbred assholes, and it seems in some ways people are relieved. Guess it was too hard for many to have to put up the front of tolerance to others. Now the rednecks seems proud to state their idiotic views, &#39;cuz bush doesn&#39;t like those n-------rs or queers either&#33; *sigh*. At least under Clinton, following the President&#39;s lead meant you&#39;d go get a blowjob. Being an asshole is higher on the heirarchy of sin because it&#39;s a lifestyle, not an event.
[post=273439]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Oh...so thats how u spell schumck...schumck, schumck, schumck..they say if u say and spell it a few times you will learn it and be able to put it in a sentence...lets see.....I know that Bush is a schumck...yea, I did it.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Kazon darling, it&#39;s schmuck, not schumck&#33;&#33;&#33; You have the "u" and the "m" inverted&#33;

However, knowing that bush is one is much more important than knowing how to spell it.

Kazon: :D
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jan 9 2005, 09:25 PM
Kazon darling, it&#39;s schmuck, not schumck&#33;&#33;&#33; You have the "u" and the "m" inverted&#33;

However, knowing that bush is one is much more important than knowing how to spell it.
[post=273475]Quoted post[/post]​
:D Thank you Madame Z...I am inverted :blink: ..haven&#39;t u figured that out yet?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Kazon+Jan 10 2005, 01:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kazon &#064; Jan 10 2005, 01:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>:D <!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Jan 9 2005, 09:25 PM

[post=273475]Quoted post[/post]​
:D Thank you Madame Z...I am inverted :blink: ..haven&#39;t u figured that out yet?
[post=273483]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

No, that&#39;s PERverted, love- and one of your better qualities&#33; :p

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
And what&#39;s bad is, they think cutting taxes will reduce the size of the government. (Of course, the main reason for reducing the size of the government is to save money.)

Androo:
Who was the brain surgeon who thought an idiot like that was qualified to run a country?

In attempt to answer your querry, M&#39;me Z, it&#39;s not that anyone perceived he&#39;s qualified in any true sense of the word, save for the value of the Bush name, but that he is so devoid of true direction, personal conviction, or natural curiosity that his circumspect advisors can fill him with any desired material or paint him any color necessary and still make him - and plenty of others - believe it was all of his own accord.

A little off topic, but perhaps this will make my point:

Remember the rhetoric about "all these trial lawyers" during the campaign and debates, and how many of us wondered just where the hell all that came from? Well, it&#39;s a bit clearer to me now.

Brief synopsis:
Halliburton purchased DII and KBR when Cheney sat as CEO. Both these companies have faced bankruptcy and are currently under chapter 11 restructuring on account of (especially) asbestos litigation.
Whereas many corporations have been put under on account of these lawsuits, Halliburton sought to settle - shortly after the Iraq war commenced.
Halliburton&#39;s subsidiaries have since maintained several no-bid contracts for supplying the war effort and rebuilding Iraqi services.
Now, after the "election," the vague "trial lawyer" rhetoric has reached new specificity as Bush just this last week addressed a gathering in Michigan to again propose an end to all asbestos litigation by establishing a national trust fund for those seeking injury claims.
Congress will begin debating this very subject on Tuesday.

I encourage you to research the above and make your own conclusions.

In short, Cheney and Rove should indeed be observed very closely...
:angry:

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
A national trust fund. Yeah, that&#39;ll work. Just like how Indian lands are held in trust.

And half of Flagstaff died laughing as soon as I said that.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Androo, I find it chilling that the men putting these plans into action are doing so without the need of a vote, and with self-interest first and foremost. I don&#39;t need to hear a list of every politician who&#39;s done it before to know this is still wrong. And it is also different, they aren&#39;t even bothering to be sneaky anymore&#33; With what they&#39;ve already gotten away with, they now know exactly how complacent and stupid we are&#33; Filthy fucking slime, the powerful are supposed to shepherd the weak, not rape them. Yeah, a trust, that should work well. Jonb, are you enjoying all the rich blessings our government has bestowed on your people? Sorry, but government and trust aren&#39;t fitting together too well these days.

remotehypnosis: Sorry to offend any yanks without offering criticism of my own country. Obviously, it goes without saying that the borders mean nothing. The power base that controls America, and the UK has it&#39;s tentacles in Europe. It has been shown throughout history that a small number of people are ultimately controlling most of the corporations and governments in the western world. I think Tony Blair has behaved dreadfully taking our country into war with Iraq with absolutely no support of the country or his parliament. Things are happening and we must do whatever we can as individuals to prevent anything like the atrocities of Nazi Germany happening again at any level.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good viewpoint, I wish more Americans understood that. We tend to get so clustered into our little world that we forget there&#39;s a larger view, and that we in fact might not be the center of the universe. If that thought ever occurs though, we go have another beer.