I don't masturbate as much as I used to...

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I remember when I was a teenager I'd jerk off at least 5 times a day. In the summer I did it 12 times in one day, my personal record which has never been topped to this day. Now I'm 27, which isn't old in my opinion, but I only do it once a day now. Sometimes I won't even do it at all! I'll get busy at work and when I get home I'll keep working on my laptop, my favorite shows come on in the evening, and before I know it I'm getting sleepy and I go to bed.

What the hell happened? This is my first indication that I'm getting older. I'm not going gray yet, my hairline is still intact for the most part, and I'm actually in much better shape than I was 10 years ago. Even now I could probably jerk off but I just don't really want to.

Anyone else experience anything like that and at what age did you start to wane?

naturistMale

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
also 27 and saw a 62 y/o post that said he still does it everyday...it's good to unload, on a regular basis - keeps us healthy

Last edited:

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I remember when I was a teenager I'd jerk off at least 5 times a day. In the summer I did it 12 times in one day, my personal record which has never been topped to this day. Now I'm 27, which isn't old in my opinion, but I only do it once a day now. Sometimes I won't even do it at all! I'll get busy at work and when I get home I'll keep working on my laptop, my favorite shows come on in the evening, and before I know it I'm getting sleepy and I go to bed.

What the hell happened? This is my first indication that I'm getting older. I'm not going gray yet, my hairline is still intact for the most part, and I'm actually in much better shape than I was 10 years ago. Even now I could probably jerk off but I just don't really want to.

Anyone else experience anything like that and at what age did you start to wane?

I am 10 years older than u and I still do it at least once a day. Sometimes I don't do it at all sometimes (like today) I will be really horny and do it several times. Already done it twice, may whack off again b4 bed. Oh yeah, I still have all my hair just a few grays in my sideburns here. LOL

When I was a teen I did it 5 or more times per day. I think it started to wane when I was in my mid 20s and in gradschool and was just too damn busy studying to jerk off that much. Not sure if I have ever done it 12 times (I lost count) but I used to do it a LOT.

Preakness

Sexy Member
Media
Something to do with hormones? I would think masturbating the most when you are a teenager is not unusual. With less testosterone comes less sex drive, which leads to less frequent masturbation.
Maybe you have more responsiblities too at 27 compared to your teenage years? If you have less stuff to do and worry about, you might turn to masturbation more often.

Last edited:

AlphaSpartan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seems to me like you just need to get out and have yourself a little non sexual excitement. I think you're just getting bored with life and therefore losing your sex drive. I'm constantly doing something unusual (even if it's as simple as building Legos or a puzzle with a friend) to keep my mind quenched.

Take this crucial bit of advice from me, man; don't bring your work home and sell the TV. It'll make you a new man. At the rate I'm going I'll feel like I've just turned 20 when I'm 90 years old.

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Oh, I get out a lot. I run at least 3 miles a day, and my work is music so when I go home and work it's music related, which I love, so it's not like I'm always doing some dead-end job. I hang with friends probably 2 or 3 times a week, and I try to go to a new place to eat around every other week. I think I just need to get laid. I've masturbated so much I'm getting bored with myself.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Take this crucial bit of advice from me, man; don't bring your work home and sell the TV.

Easier said than done dude if you want to keep your job. In this economy companies these days demand more productivity out of fewer employees and pay them less money. Totally agree ont he TV, I am watching some of the Olympics but I rarely turn the damn thing on anymore.

AlphaSpartan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Easier said than done dude if you want to keep your job. In this economy companies these days demand more productivity out of fewer employees and pay them less money. Totally agree ont he TV, I am watching some of the Olympics but I rarely turn the damn thing on anymore.
Very true, however, good productivity means being in good psychological shape. Those who bring their work home and add to stress won't be nearly as productive at work as those who get out and do interesting, unusual, and (most importantly) new things.

Even if you enjoy your work I'd recommend taking a break for it and coming back later. I'm in the middle of several projects (including writing a brilliant novel and composing music in a band) yet I always make sure to keep my mind sparked by something I haven't done before... I've found it really improves my creativity in my work.

Here's something I challenge you to: think back to the last couple of shows you watched (this works especially well with the news). What do you remember about them? I'm willing to bet a large sum you don't remember a whole lot about the show and yet you used an hour of your life watching it. That's why I stopped watching TV.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very true, however, good productivity means being in good psychological shape. Those who bring their work home and add to stress won't be nearly as productive at work as those who get out and do interesting, unusual, and (most importantly) new things.

Even if you enjoy your work I'd recommend taking a break for it and coming back later. I'm in the middle of several projects (including writing a brilliant novel and composing music in a band) yet I always make sure to keep my mind sparked by something I haven't done before... I've found it really improves my creativity in my work.

Here's something I challenge you to: think back to the last couple of shows you watched (this works especially well with the news). What do you remember about them? I'm willing to bet a large sum you don't remember a whole lot about the show and yet you used an hour of your life watching it. That's why I stopped watching TV.

Good to see that self-help course worked :smile:

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well I have definitely down graded my channels just to save money. At first I really missed my favorite shows but now I don't mind so much. I really wasn't missing much anyway. But I'll never sell my TV. I play a lot of video games, which I really find enjoyable, and rent a lot of movies. And you could say get rid of the games but I only play about an hour a day or so.

Alpha Spartan, when you're not writing or playing in your band what else do you do? I really can't imagine life without TV. You must read a lot and look outside quite a bit. That's all my cats do.

steeler_999

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One of life's biggest disadvantages is that you get only a finite supply of time to squeeze everything into. And as you get older, you have more and more things to squeeze in and less and less time to squeeze them into.

I'm 63, and time races by compared to what did when I was in my 20's. The only way to cope with downhillness of the aging process is to try to become more efficient and organized and set priorities.

Prostate health requires a certain minimum ejaculation frequency. I do it once a day whether I feel like it or not.

You need to have a list of everything that turns you on, and then resort to whatever you need to, when your libido needs a boost.

Orgasm/ejaculation requires energy. But, since it's something that is both a pleasure/reward and a sleep inducer, it also creates energy. Hopefully, if you can get the right sort of balance in your life, you create more energy than you consume, which leaves with you with something extra to apply to your other interests.

allun

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am in my 70s and always go off at least once a day now,many days 3 or 4 times.When in my 50s I went off 11 times (on the hour every hour) a couple of times and tried to better that but could not.I was a late starter(nearly 18yr first J/O) and in my diaries of that time I recorded 5 or 6 times every day.

bwcurved

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Lol, ssongs, you sound like me! I used to jerk off several times a day in my teens. But now I'm 29, and probably jerk off only a few times a week, and usually on the weekend. When I get home from work its usually 6 or 7pm, I usually hit the gym or i'm on the phone or going out...so I just don't find the time anymore or i'm just too tired by the time I've worked out and eaten dinner. But I'm more active than i was when i first started working...I work out much more than i did then, and I go running or swimming especialy when its warm out. I wouldn't say I'm waning or its an indication i'm getting older, I'm just enjoying more things in life....at least that's my hope, lol.