I don't want to ask my doc about this ovulation and conception issue

LovelylittleKitten

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When I ovulate i am very gassy and crampy.
I have mid cycle pain also known as Middleschmerts (sp).
I have to limit my activity at my time of ovulation or I will have severe pain . I have been told by the doctor that blood from the follicle can seep into the abdominal cavity and cause painful bruising.

I had sex this morning and I am ovulating or about to ovulate. I have to pass gas or my stomach will become very painful and bloated. I push the semen out with the gas and when I keep trying to have a BM I continue to push out the semen. This gas passing and straining happens many times.
I have IBS and when I ovulate it aggravates it.
I guess there is nothing I can really do but wait and see what happens.
Does anyone have anything to say about this?
Does the sperm get inside the uterus right away?
I am I losing all the sperm because the fluids are coming back out?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
go to the doctor. you have early warning signs for a few very serious conditions.

endometriosis.
ovary cysts/tumors.
fibroids.
serious hormone imbalance.

and a whole laundry list of cooter woe.

go to the doctor.

LovelylittleKitten

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have often and recently gone to the doctor.
i have suffered from ovarian cysts in the past.
I have suffered thyroid problems in the past.
I have been hospitalized many times for the above and IBS in the past.
I am all clear presently.
I am being followed by my regular doctor and have already had a pre pregancy appt with the OBGYN.
I was also checked earlier this year ( internal and external sonogram)and they said everything looked perfect but that my uterus is the wrong direction ( tilted?) and I would have to try harder to get pregnant.
i have to go to the doctor for a check up every three months to look at my B vtimin level, blood count, and thyroid.
Everything is fine and has been all year long.

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
sorry for the cranky tone of my post. i get a bit worried when people use the board for medical advice, the only advice worth anything is consult a trained professional.

there are several fertility message board that might yield better result, a few monitored by docs volunteering their time. i don't have the links on hand, but i can fuss around for a few.

LovelylittleKitten

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
sorry for the cranky tone of my post. i get a bit worried when people use the board for medical advice, the only advice worth anything is consult a trained professional.

there are several fertility message board that might yield better result, a few monitored by docs volunteering their time. i don't have the links on hand, but i can fuss around for a few.
That does sound like what i need.
I am not up for a conversation with my doc asking if I am farting all the sperm back out or not.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't really think that's too much of a problem... especially if you orgasm after he cums, because then your uterus sort of sucks up the semen and takes in as much as it can. After that, what is released is surplus to requirement.

Besides... you can get pregnant on the amount of fluid that is released even before ejaculation.

I happen to know that there is a gynaecologist on this forum and will gladly pass on your id if you would like me to?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i think i might have found something tailor made for you, if you haven't already found the site.

TryingToConceive.com

the link is direct to the message boards.

TTC FAQs - direct link to the sites FAQs.

a couple of the bullets are related to lubrication & TTC.
and few about sperm loss.

i was around for my best friend's pregnancy, i went to a few appointments with her - believe me, about 4 months in asking questions about farting will be least embarrassing questions you'll ask. the doctor said the humilation was prep work for being a better parent. something about maturity & ego dampening.

i had to bag out about half way though, i didn't want to know that much about my friend :redface: we hit the "OMG!! EEEK!! i can't see that" phase.

Last edited:

LovelylittleKitten

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i think i might have found something tailor made for you, if you haven't already found the site.

TryingToConceive.com

the link is direct to the message boards.

TTC FAQs - direct link to the sites FAQs.

a couple of the bullets are related to lubrication & TTC.
and few about sperm loss.

i was around for my best friend's pregnancy, i went to a few appointments with her - believe me, about 4 months in asking questions about farting will be least embarrassing questions you'll ask. the doctor said the humilation was prep work for being a better parent. something about maturity & ego dampening.

i had to bag out about half way though, i didn't want to know that much about my friend :redface: we hit the "OMG!! EEEK!! i can't see that" phase.
You must be right about that.
ok, I will go ahead and ask the doc.
I am headed to these websites. i have looked at many but i hope these are better and not what i have already seen.
Thank you and i will let you know.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:confused: If you are trying to get pregnant, and are farting out sperm, then your man is cumming in the wrong hole. :eek: :tongue:

I have had a myriad of female troubles over the years from endometriosis, to ovarian cysts, and uterine fibroids. I am hypothyroid, have IBS, and acid reflux and am as we speak on day 14 of the period from hell. That said, I can never tell when I'm ovulating. :redface: Seriously, the only time I could tell was when I had a doctor for a fuck buddy and he kept better track of my cycle than I did. If this is an on going problem; then you need a new gynecologist. :cool:

Lancelot25

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi Little Kitten,
I do not know you entire story but let me try to give you some generic information.
I assume that you are trying to get pregnant, your husband has a normal sperm, you have IBS, sonograms are normal (no polycystic ovarian disease; I do not know your age, whether you climaxed or not, previous pregnancies before, deliveries before or any abdominal surgeries (including exploratory).

Some people can feel their ovulation, it is usually more common with women living in a more peaceful environment (does not mean working less). Women working in the big city often are caught in the rat chase and simply do not have the time or peace to be “in tune” with their bodies’ signals.

Close to ovulation, hormone levels (oestrogens, FSH, LH) increase – this usually makes you feel more aggressive, more amorous… It can also give you headaches and other symptoms but it is supposed to prepare you for conception, pheromones, sexual attractions, sensuality, smell…

Of the 10~15 “eggs” developing within cysts each month in your ovaries (depending on genes, age, …), one breaks the surface of the ovary and falls to be caught by the Fallopian tube on that side (usually). Ovaries are the female equivalent of male testicles and are just about as, I repeat, as sensitive. Remember when your gynecologist touches them!

The ovary that “laid” the egg may bleed, as the cyst ruptures; it may also become “inflamed” by the cyst rupture. Sometimes the cyst (cyst is filled with fluid), is larger than usual and releases a lot of fluid. This fluid, especially if bloody, will irritate the inside of your abdomen (peritoneal cavity) and cause you cramping, pain, etc… at times intense enough to make believe that you have a ruptured tube, acute appendix, or some other abdominal drama going on. All this activity, despite being useful for the perpetuation of the specie, is on the other hand “irritating” for the tissues involved (tubes, uterus, and other structure made of similar muscular cells such as bowels, gallbladder… It is possible that if your bowel walls are already sensitive, the whole process is activated hence the cramping, spasms, and gas.

You produce about 4 liters of “gas” a day depending on your physique, diet, air swallow, possible infection, bowel activity,… that you usually pass “innocently” as the day goes on. If you are more physically active, you may not notice gas passing and the “shaking of your abdomen” may move foodstuff faster along the bowels with less gas production. If you are bedridden like after surgeries, you may hurt pretty bad (cramps). I would not worry about gas per se at ovulation time, understand that all your “smooth” muscles are stimulated by the effects of hormones, ovarian and pelvic irritation, etc…

As icing on the cake, the rupture follicle (cyst) undergoes transformation and starts secreting progesterone, another hormone that would support a possible pregnancy until the pregnancy could take care of itself on its own (placental hormones). This Progesterone, secreted after the ovulation, will somewhat oppose the effects of oestrogens and “slow” you down as to prepare you for pregnancy, i.e. gain fluid, feeling mellow, at times depressed,…

I am almost done. If you did not climax (sometimes, it is hard to climax when you are ovulating because of discomfort) but you were aroused, your genitals may have become engorged without “relief” called “pelvic congestion syndrome”, something like “blue balls” in boys. This may add to your misery.

Finally, ask your gyn or doctor what he means by “wrong direction uterus”. Roughly, 50% of women have a uterus that is either oriented or “bent” forward (towards your pubic hair), 25~30% is oriented, bent or “tilted” posterior, towards your tail bone, and the rest is anywhere in between. If your uterus is very “bent”, that can theorically give you more cramping at period time (as the uterus has to contract more to push the clots through the bend). Otherwise, you should have a normal fertility regardless of your uterine position.

If you are trying to conceive, I would recommend staying in bed a bit after intercourse (at least 30 min, bedtime is good). That would be a good time to cuddle and perhaps have your husband caress or massage you to pass the time and relax your abdominal muscles. After that, go for it. The sperm cells are attracted by your cervix secretions, they will find the way and there are so many of them, believe me. Even if you took a vaginal douche after sex, you could not “wash” all of them out. After all, all it takes is one and there are over 60 millions in a average low normal male ejaculation.

Make sure that your thyroid function is normal as pregnancy is demanding on the thyroid.
I am sorry that your IBS makes life miserable for you but that aside, you sound like a normal person to me.
Good luck, Lancelot

LovelylittleKitten

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hi Little Kitten,
I do not know you entire story but let me try to give you some generic information.
I assume that you are trying to get pregnant, your husband has a normal sperm, you have IBS, sonograms are normal (no polycystic ovarian disease; I do not know your age, whether you climaxed or not, previous pregnancies before, deliveries before or any abdominal surgeries (including exploratory).

Some people can feel their ovulation, it is usually more common with women living in a more peaceful environment (does not mean working less). Women working in the big city often are caught in the rat chase and simply do not have the time or peace to be “in tune” with their bodies’ signals.

Close to ovulation, hormone levels (oestrogens, FSH, LH) increase – this usually makes you feel more aggressive, more amorous… It can also give you headaches and other symptoms but it is supposed to prepare you for conception, pheromones, sexual attractions, sensuality, smell…

Of the 10~15 “eggs” developing within cysts each month in your ovaries (depending on genes, age, …), one breaks the surface of the ovary and falls to be caught by the Fallopian tube on that side (usually). Ovaries are the female equivalent of male testicles and are just about as, I repeat, as sensitive. Remember when your gynecologist touches them!

The ovary that “laid” the egg may bleed, as the cyst ruptures; it may also become “inflamed” by the cyst rupture. Sometimes the cyst (cyst is filled with fluid), is larger than usual and releases a lot of fluid. This fluid, especially if bloody, will irritate the inside of your abdomen (peritoneal cavity) and cause you cramping, pain, etc… at times intense enough to make believe that you have a ruptured tube, acute appendix, or some other abdominal drama going on. All this activity, despite being useful for the perpetuation of the specie, is on the other hand “irritating” for the tissues involved (tubes, uterus, and other structure made of similar muscular cells such as bowels, gallbladder… It is possible that if your bowel walls are already sensitive, the whole process is activated hence the cramping, spasms, and gas.

You produce about 4 liters of “gas” a day depending on your physique, diet, air swallow, possible infection, bowel activity,… that you usually pass “innocently” as the day goes on. If you are more physically active, you may not notice gas passing and the “shaking of your abdomen” may move foodstuff faster along the bowels with less gas production. If you are bedridden like after surgeries, you may hurt pretty bad (cramps). I would not worry about gas per se at ovulation time, understand that all your “smooth” muscles are stimulated by the effects of hormones, ovarian and pelvic irritation, etc…

As icing on the cake, the rupture follicle (cyst) undergoes transformation and starts secreting progesterone, another hormone that would support a possible pregnancy until the pregnancy could take care of itself on its own (placental hormones). This Progesterone, secreted after the ovulation, will somewhat oppose the effects of oestrogens and “slow” you down as to prepare you for pregnancy, i.e. gain fluid, feeling mellow, at times depressed,…

I am almost done. If you did not climax (sometimes, it is hard to climax when you are ovulating because of discomfort) but you were aroused, your genitals may have become engorged without “relief” called “pelvic congestion syndrome”, something like “blue balls” in boys. This may add to your misery.

Finally, ask your gyn or doctor what he means by “wrong direction uterus”. Roughly, 50% of women have a uterus that is either oriented or “bent” forward (towards your pubic hair), 25~30% is oriented, bent or “tilted” posterior, towards your tail bone, and the rest is anywhere in between. If your uterus is very “bent”, that can theorically give you more cramping at period time (as the uterus has to contract more to push the clots through the bend). Otherwise, you should have a normal fertility regardless of your uterine position.

If you are trying to conceive, I would recommend staying in bed a bit after intercourse (at least 30 min, bedtime is good). That would be a good time to cuddle and perhaps have your husband caress or massage you to pass the time and relax your abdominal muscles. After that, go for it. The sperm cells are attracted by your cervix secretions, they will find the way and there are so many of them, believe me. Even if you took a vaginal douche after sex, you could not “wash” all of them out. After all, all it takes is one and there are over 60 millions in a average low normal male ejaculation.

Make sure that your thyroid function is normal as pregnancy is demanding on the thyroid.
I am sorry that your IBS makes life miserable for you but that aside, you sound like a normal person to me.
Good luck, Lancelot
Hey, thank , Lancelot.
It makes sense that my ovary must be inflamed as well as the fluid irritating my insides. I have to take off from work and try to keep still when I ovulate or I will end up in then hospital in pain.
That NJ is so funny.
I'm sorry she has had such a rough time. Bless her heart.
I'm grateful to her for the humor.
I found out from the websites that the others provided that after 20 minutes all the good sperm has made it and all the malformed sperm drizzles back out.
I'm still laying here giggling over NJ's post.
That was funny. Thanks NJ