I doubt the 6.5" statistic.

Vincentr1: I've read several times about the three studies done on penis size. I think they were Masters & Johnson, Lifestyles condoms, and somebody else whom I can't remember right now. The largest average I believe was M&J with 6.5. The smallest avg was Lifestyles with 5.7". After monitoring this board for a while and paging through the pics on ratemyschlong.com, I find it hard to believe the studies. Either the 5% of the population with above average penis size all post on these forums or the population is a helluva lot bigger than I thought it was. Bottom line ladies, (some gay men I suppose): There appears to be plenty of large penises out there. Geez, if I wasn't self conscious about my 8.5" before I am now. Anybody else feel this way?

mindseye: Why wouldn't you believe there's an approximately equal number of people whose penises are in the 3.5"-5" range who shy away from this group and places like ratemyschlong?

Also, the number of 26"x20" penises on here should persuade you to take the postings of at least a few members with a grain of salt.

zaneblue: I'm a regular on a small penis support group website and they have 16,000 members, and that's only a small fraction of the guys who actually hit the site. In my experience most guys are around 6", maybe a little less.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Vincent,

I'm afraid you're very near coming to down with a common "disease" around here....(have you heard of it?)

LPSG Syndrome (or "disease")

Symptoms include doubt over size, unhappiness with ones self in general, and often hopelessness, doom and gloom. Sometime just the opposite. Too much zeal, feistiness and libido! ;D

Seriously, being around the forum so much, it DOES "seem" that there are more larger guys than those surveys would indicate. (I am tempted to doubt, too-- (sometimes)--given the fact how these "surveys" are "taken", relying on different arsousal states, non-trust-worthy and inaccurate measuring methods, etc..

However---consider this, too. (And, we HAVE to)...

Think of all the attention this site generates AND the stories we're reading here!

If "big size fellas" WERE all that common in the real world, this subject would be as popular then as...

Lima beans.

hairy8: I'm also 8.5" long (8.75" on a good day!) According to penis size stats, I'm at least 2 inches above average. But to me, my penis looks average sized. Not big and not small, just average. I used to have a hard time accepting that I was anything other than average. What convinced me was - the few times I attempted to put on standard sized condoms and found that the damn things both strangled my cock and left several inches uncovered near the base. I figured that condom companies must be fairly clued in as to what the average guy is looking for in a condom. It would be very bad business if the companies were producing 6 inch condoms which were too small for the average guy. So that's how I started to accept that at 8.5", I must be above average.

tomarctus: benderten2001: I get the "LPSG Syndrome" all the time. It's a good thing I have a strong grip on reality [and my cock]. I like myself and I like my cock. But, jeepers, when I read the posts in "Good things,Small Packages?" I sure feel a wee bit undersized.

hairy8: You must have a personality like mine. I think 8.5" is great, but, like you, if I had that much I would probably think I wanted more. Just for clarification, why do you feel "average"? Are you really tall? Do you hang out [not literally] with hung huge guys who are all bigger than you? Do your partners comment that it is "average"? Heck, if you're average then I'm small :( and I sure don't feel small. ;)

mistergrasso: I doubt the 6.5 stat but not the way you guys do. The average cock is slightly less than 6 inches. All reliable information (including the 100s I've seen, sucked, or played with) confirms this. Face facts. 8.5 is one big-ass dick.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, according to a study at the University of Florence, the average penis is

9.0 cm flaccid length
10.0 cm flaccid circumference at the middle of the shaft
12.5 cm stretched length

They also observed that penis size correlated with various other anthropometric data, such as height and weight.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11223678&dopt=Abstract

The University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, however, got these data

8.8 cm flaccid length
12.4 cm stretched length
12.9 cm erect length

The conclusion from this data is that enlargement surgery (the only real way to permanently enlarge the penis anyway) is only recommended for men with less than 4 cm flaccid length or less than 7.5 cm stretched or erect length.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Retrieve&list_uids=8709382&dopt=Abstract

So I'd say the average is around 5 inches.

Ragazzaccio: Maybe having huge cocks yourself somehow influences your view at average dick size, so always relating to other "big" men, you may loose the feeling about how normal penises look.

Being gay (I am a 30 year old Scandinavian guy with a pretty normal 18 cm. dick!), I have had sex with a lot of guys. I know many of you may think I am crazy, but I have always written my partners age and dick size down, so I could remember them and compare them. I just calculated that the average dick size of all my partners is indeed about 6-6,5 inches /15-16,5 cm.). There have been large ones and there have been small ones, but most of them were at that range.

The smallest penises I have "played" with were 9-10 cm. long only. One of them belonged to a 24 years old small Asian Guy, and the other one to a fat  19 years old Arab. The smallest one was about 9 cm. (or maybe 8,5) and it belonged to an about 40 years old Scandinavian Man. He told me he had only had sex a very few times in his life, because of being shy about his small dick. I sort of felt sorry for him, and I told him I found it could also be quite exciting to play with such a small one - and I actually meant what I said! I am the guy who likes variation and likes to compare all the time...

I have also had a fem very large cocks. None more than 23 cm. But I have had 5-6 guys with cocks arond 22-23 cm (8,5-9 inches). Interestingly enough, I have noticed that there is absolutely no correlation between body size and cock size, except the fact that fat guys have a smaller visible area of penis. But I had a 21 years old Danish boy, who was only about 1.68 tall, but his dick was 21 cm. long. And a few Months ago I sucked an about 30 years old man with a large 23 cm. cock. And the guy was also quite short, max. 1,70 tall.

I have also had a 1,95 cm tall blond guy whose dick was only 15 cm. (6 inches) long. But the thickest dick I have sucked belonged to a 2.03 Danish guy. His cock was 19-20 cm. long, but also about 18 in circumference.

If you are interested, I may consider posting all my statistics later on, so you can see "proofs" of what I say ;D

tomarctus: Ragazzaccio:
Thanks for the fascinating post. I always measured guys discreetly with my hand. My hand stretched is 20cm (8"), and my fingers close at 15cm (6"). That way I would know if the guy was 8"x6" or larger (20x15). I also notice many Europeans use diameter or width rather than circumference in their profiles so it is sometimes hard to know exactly thick they are.
Now, to the main point. We all need to know that you enjoyed the sex with these guys after measuring them. I certainly hope you did!

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ragazzaccio:

A great post, man! Sharing your information here is hot to me. I have always gotten turned on to the max while measuring a big dick and knowing all the time the owner is loving having his prize possession measured!

I never 'offer' to measure an average or below average penis, coz I think it might be embarrassing to the dude.

Btw, I like having mine measured by an interested partner, too.

Luke

Ragazzaccio: [quote author=tomarctus link=board=meetgreet;num=1074189009;start=0#9 date=01/28/04 at 10:17:45]Ragazzaccio:
Thanks for the fascinating post. I always measured guys discreetly with my hand. My hand stretched is 20cm (8"), and my fingers close at 15cm (6"). That way I would know if the guy was 8"x6" or larger (20x15). I also notice many Europeans use diameter or width rather than circumference in their profiles so it is sometimes hard to know exactly thick they are.
Now, to the main point. We all need to know that you enjoyed the sex with these guys after measuring them. I certainly hope you did![/quote]

Hi, actually from the 130-140 guys I have had sex with during the last ten years, I only did measure maybe 20-25 of them with a roller. But using the Method you mentioned yourself (comparing to my handsize that to me is 19 cm...), I could always make a quite precise (+ - 0,5-1 cm. max) guess of the erected penis lenght.

And yes, I did enjoy having sex with most of them...I have only had anal sex with maybe 15 guys, because for me sucking a dick is just the top. Sometimes I ge so obsessed by sucking the other guy that I almost forget to "come" myself...

Tender: well suppose 5% of men are 'large' (you define that as whatever you like, maybe it IS 20 x 26 :D )
that means 5 out of every 100 men are above average.
so yeah even though the percentage is low, that still adds up to alot of men in the overall population.
but im not convinced that 4 or 5 inches is average...
i really think the overall population of men are more like 6 or 7.

ive been with only three guys, two 6 and one 8....
so i must have just grabbed at random 1 out of the 5, with the other two being on the high end of average .....

Tender

Ragazzaccio: [quote author=jonb link=board=meetgreet;num=1074189009;start=0#14 date=01/28/04 at 14:08:04]1.95 cm tall? Err...That's less than an inch. Don't you mean 1.95 m?[/quote]

:D ;D Excuse me, of couse I meant 1.95 meter...or 195 cm....but my point was, that not all tall guys do have a large penis...hope you got the point at least...

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I understand. But the correlation between height and the size of various body parts is still pretty strong. (It was exploited by a variety of pseudoscientists throughout the 19th century.)

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It has been my experience (quite extensive, I must say) that more short guys have big dicks than tall guys. I do take into consideration the distorted appearance of the big on the short, but I still hold to my concept.

ceg1526: [quote author=hairy8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1074189009;start=0#4 date=01/15/04 at 12:25:24]... But to me, my penis looks average sized....
[/quote]

Hairy:

And your height, weight, hand size and shoe size look average to you too. You perceive yourself as the standard, or average, since you see yourself everyday. It's only when you start comparing yourself to others that the concept of bigger/littler/taller/shorter come into play.

I've got a bud who's dating a 5'6" woman. I refered to her as short, and he, very indignantly, said she wasn't short. It was only then that it occurred to me that since he was 5'6" also, she probably seemed average to him.

Take care

Ceg

junk792: [quote author=jonb link=board=meetgreet;num=1074189009;start=0#7 date=01/15/04 at 18:54:39]The University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, however, got these data

8.8 cm flaccid length
12.4 cm stretched length
12.9 cm erect length

So I'd say the average is around 5 inches.[/quote]
In that study the length measurements were not bone-pressed, just to clarify. Pressing to the bone can give an extra 0.5-1" which brings it closer to other surveys.