I feel bad for Tallbig

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
most people's IP addresses renew periodically anyway, but it's very easy to get another one or go through a proxy to get by the IP ban.

It's not that easy. I tried it at another site. It is a pain in the ass to go thru a proxy site each time you log on when you are blocked. Then if you do re-register you have to link from your e-mail to get back from some sites to reconfirm your account and it does not always work.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, Rob the Rob, I hear ya, but even if he did get one warning, you can't call what he did "repeated violations."

I know that this is a private site, but still, I believe that quorums and juries and all that stuff ought to be employed. And no matter how much we love Rob and the site, the occasional injustice still happens.

So.... I truly think that things COULD evolve...

And the future has yet to unfold...

Even money could someday grow on trees.... :tongue:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I love when people say something offensive and then follow it with "no offense".

You smell like ass. No offense.

Oh my God, did you smell him too,? no offense.

One time I said something rude to a friend and then mumbled "no offense". He misheard me and said "snow pants?" and we laughed about that one for a long time.

So as an inside joke we would say snow pants to each other.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Well, Rob the Rob,

TheRob is someone else.

I hear ya, but even if he did get one warning, you can't call what he did "repeated violations."

I'm not. I have no idea how many warnings he received, and I have no idea how many identities he created. Presumably someone among the mods/admins knows, but there has been some precedent established to not divulge these details to riffraff such as ourselves.

I know that this is a private site, but still, I believe that quorums and juries and all that stuff ought to be employed.

That opens up all kinds of other problems. It's always fun to ban the unpopular people until you're the unpopular person. I am told that the mods voted on whether to ban at one time; I'm not sure if they still do.

And no matter how much we love Rob and the site,

"We"?

For the record, I think this place is run fairly badly from both a technical perspective (this site has more downtime than any other forum I have ever frequented) and a customer relations perspective. At times, it seems the TOS is enforced at whim and there is, on the whole, very little transparency in the banning process. There are plenty of people whose contributions I liked who have either been banned (for things like multiple IDs) or left in disgust, and plenty of people who are obnoxious and contribute nothing, but are still here because they stop just short of an overt TOS violation.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
EDit: If I were him, I'd lay low, and then come back and announce myself. They can't ban you permanently if you straighten up your act and start obeying the rules.

Wrong.

Spladle. Stronzo. Big Dirigible. They've all tried coming back multiple times. They all get promptly banned again as soon as their accounts are found out.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You really should, you may teach them something.

Many people were mean and nasty to me when I got here, for posting too much. That's when I found out who the truly nice people on here were. I found that one person here is vile in my eyes. Others are nasty and angry, and some are okay and just get pissed at you and let it go.

what is that adage, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones? i just took a look at your sig.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wrong.

Spladle. Stronzo. Big Dirigible. They've all tried coming back multiple times. They all get promptly banned again as soon as their accounts are found out.

Also theheartstripe, extremelyhateable, ryanharrows, all the same person

Usually these ppl are down on fakes, why not tallbig? :biggrin1:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
TheRob is someone else. "We"?

Oops! Sorry. :redface:

"We"?

For the record, I think this place is run fairly badly from both a technical perspective (this site has more downtime than any other forum I have ever frequented) and a customer relations perspective. At times, it seems the TOS is enforced at whim and there is, on the whole, very little transparency in the banning process. There are plenty of people whose contributions I liked who have either been banned (for things like multiple IDs) or left in disgust, and plenty of people who are obnoxious and contribute nothing, but are still here because they stop just short of an overt TOS violation.

Actually I agree with you here. I like many things about the site, but sadly what you say is true.