I feel I should get circumcised(again)

Vagus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm feeling like I should get circumcised again, it chafes, too loose and causes problems. My Mother's side is Kosher. She thinks I should get it done and can refer me to a good surgeon. My Father doesn't really care(Catholic background.) My sister is a follower of reform Judaism and is for it as well. As you can tell it's as much a spiritual question as it is practical. Help :rolleyes: :cool:

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
I'm feeling like I should get circumcised again, it chafes, too loose and causes problems. My Mother's side is Kosher. She thinks I should get it done and can refer me to a good surgeon. My Father doesn't really care(Catholic background.) My sister is a follower of reform Judaism and is for it as well. As you can tell it's as much a spiritual question as it is practical. Help :rolleyes: :cool:
I'm not the most knowledgable about Judaism, but I do know there are support groups for Jewish people that elect to not circumcise their children. They'd probably be able to lend a hand on the spiritual side of things.

As for the physical issues, I read an account of someone who had restored their foreskin and found that it was fairly loose, and so in an attempt to make the skin hug a bit tighter and appear more natural, he had a doctor strategically cut away a small portion toward the end to give a more natural tapered feel. The surgery was a success for him, so it might be a possibility for you as well. Again, I wouldn't be the best person for information there. Your mother says she knows a good doctor, you might need to speak to him to find out what your options are. If he's a urologist who is only familiar with a complete circumcision procedure, he may still be able to give you a referral to a plastic surgeon that can do the job. Hope this helps.

Vagus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not the most knowledgable about Judaism, but I do know there are support groups for Jewish people that elect to not circumcise their children. They'd probably be able to lend a hand on the spiritual side of things.

As for the physical issues, I read an account of someone who had restored their foreskin and found that it was fairly loose, and so in an attempt to make the skin hug a bit tighter and appear more natural, he had a doctor strategically cut away a small portion toward the end to give a more natural tapered feel. The surgery was a success for him, so it might be a possibility for you as well. Again, I wouldn't be the best person for information there. Your mother says she knows a good doctor, you might need to speak to him to find out what your options are. If he's a urologist who is only familiar with a complete circumcision procedure, he may still be able to give you a referral to a plastic surgeon that can do the job. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the input.
how did it go for the restorer/recut person?

Vagus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it would help for me to elaborate some more. One major factor in my decision is that it's
simply put, too sensitive. I know anti-circumcision people are going to pull their hair out when they read that, but it's the case. I can't just enjoy the ride. To use a rollercoaster analogy it's like I have to always hold on to prevent myself from flying out of the seat, I can't just put my hands in the air and let go. The orgasm comes up so fast I find myself concentrating just not to cum a lot of the time.
I've experimented with numbing cream, (I know that sounds crazy), but it really helps. I really feel the problem is too much sensitivity.
That being said let me also say that for me personally it's more about the variety of sensations than how intense they are. I find that when the frenulum is mostly, but not completely numbed I enjoy it the most. To use a music analogy it's like having all the instruments there but just turning down the volume on them.
I'm loosely cut and often the skin bunches over the head, making everything too sensitive. I know many people would disagree and love all the extra intensity, but to me it's a white-wash, just too bright. I started taping the skin back and the sensations have calmed down some.
As long as the variety of sensations is there: hot,cold,smooth,rough,vibration,pressure,etc. I'm good.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If you ask the Jewish side if you should get recircumcised, it's like asking the butcher if vegan is a good idea. You know the answer. Why ask? Where does it stop? It gets to be like Michael Jackson's nose.
This sounds like a combination of cultural conditioning, and body dysmorphic disorder.
If taping the skin back does the trick, where is the problem?
If there still is a problem, you are taping it back, and don't feel the excessive intensity, it's time to take the therapy approach. Otherwise, you will keep taking off pieces, and it will never be enough.
It is easier to learn to be less sensitive, than it is to get enough taken off surgically, so that it isn't a problem, and still have the right amount left for pleasure. Keep stopping when you feel overwhelmed, and learn to edge before you blow.
Best of luck, whichever way you decide.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everyone knows what side I fall on in this argument.

However, I would not get circumcised because all of a sudden I am spiritual. Additionally, I would not get circumcised to quote on quote become less sensitive. I should point out that you are still a circumcised man you just so happen to have restored. Frankly I dont think your sensitivity issues will be cured with a circumcision.

canon

Sexy Member
Media
Being Jewish myself and extremely practical and conservative about everything related to organized religion and health I cannot relate to anything you have stated. I cannot understand why an adult would be discussing their penis and foreskin with anyone in the family, especially a sister, unless it was a serious medical issue. I have assisted in quite a few adult circumcisions and I cringe every time. Chafing? Put some cream on it. Too loose? It was the way you were born? Problems? What problems? It's natural and in my opinion natural is always better unless there is a medical problem and yours isn't a medical problem. That only occurs in less than one percent! It's in your head and you have met your covenant with God to be circumcised once. The next time you may not be so lucky.

Really a bizarre post in my opinion.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Though I have no problem with grown men who chose to get circumcised, I do question the ones who want to get it re-done. I do know someone who wanted to do it, too, I'm not just talking out my ass. He talked to a few doctors in Canada (meaning it would be very low cost) who all recommended he keep his penis the way it is because it looks fine, works fine, and maybe he has some self esteem stuff to work through. Then he talked to one in the US who would do anything he wanted with his dick for enough money. Ultimately the guy decided against it. I agree with his decision and tend to agree with the Canadian surgeons he saw.

S

SirConcis

When you drop your underwear, are you unhappy with its current look and wish your dick would come out of underwear with less skin at the rim ?

Does the skin often cover part of head when very soft ?

Have you tried wearing loose underwear that cause the head against fabric all day ? Does that give you boners all the time ? If you do this long enough, you should get used to it.

But if you want a tighter circumcision for looks and feeling os tight skin when erect, go for it. I am not sure it is something which really reuces sesntivity that much sompared to a normal/loose circumcision where the gland remains exposed all day.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Thank you for the input.
how did it go for the restorer/recut person?
The recut guy labelled the operation a success. He seemed to get exactly what he wanted and reported no problems after, and the remainder of his foreskin worked perfectly fine.

One problem that may be present in your case. Of the scientists that have examined the nerves in the foreskin, most think that the nerves are there not just for pleasure and sensitivity, but for control and perception of the ejaculatory reflex. Without these nerves in place you might just be missing the signals that would allow you to take better control of the situation. Maybe you're going too fast or too hard? You might benefit a little bit from slowing down. Hell, you effectively altered your equipment from one state to another. It wouldn't be a huge stretch to have to "relearn" how to enjoy sex so to speak.
If you ask the Jewish side if you should get recircumcised, it's like asking the butcher if vegan is a good idea. You know the answer. Why ask?
Agreed here. It's kinda hard to argue the Jewish side wouldn't be biased. That said, if you talk to the doctor your mother wants to refer you to, make sure he is giving you medical, rather than religious, advice.
However, I would not get circumcised because all of a sudden I am spiritual. Additionally, I would not get circumcised to quote on quote become less sensitive. I should point out that you are still a circumcised man you just so happen to have restored. Frankly I dont think your sensitivity issues will be cured with a circumcision.
Kinda what he said. Keep in mind that you are doing whatever you choose to do for the right reasons. Also, keep in mind it is a definite observed effect that sensitivity decreases with frequent use and, more importantly, with age. As weird as it sounds, a problem with oversensitivity may go away on its own with time.

Vagus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Foreskin Coverage Index

mind you I'm roughly a ci-6 give or take.

"Have you tried wearing loose underwear that cause the head against fabric all day ? Does that give you boners all the time ? If you do this long enough, you should get used to it."
-I've tried taping it back

"However, I would not get circumcised because all of a sudden I am spiritual. Additionally, I would not get circumcised to quote on quote become less sensitive. I should point out that you are still a circumcised man you just so happen to have restored. Frankly I dont think your sensitivity issues will be cured with a circumcision."
-I understand where you guys are coming from. it's not just sensitivity but also the fact that the skin is pretty loose and covers over.

tgirlsrgreat

Yes he said it was a success for him, but there is more to it than that. I was asking for details.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Yes he said it was a success for him, but there is more to it than that. I was asking for details.
The doctor he had perform the operation had been briefed on his restoration efforts, and he was a plastic surgeon instead of a urologist, I believe. The patient said that before the operation the skin was loose and didn't taper, and then after the operation the skin glided properly, was snug but not tight, and had a tapered end. He had no problems with irritation, the foreskin was functional, and almost no one could tell the difference between him and someone who had been left intact. He had no difficulties with the second procedure, and the whole thing was done in a matter of minutes. Never had a problem with it again, never looked back.

The procedure itself just involved cutting a V-shaped section from the end of his restored skin, with the wide end of the V at the tip. Basically, it was just like many other procedures; removing a little bit of skin to pick up the slack.