I finally understand Clinton supporters

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I guess there's a joke in there somewhere...
Actually, that isn't a joke. Many people feel this way. Instead of laughing at them, you may want to try and really understand why they're so angry. It's not as if Obama's lead in any poll, delegate count or popular vote count is staggering high. A LOT of people feel this way, even going into the final primaries. It's not a laughing matter.

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
theyve neen that way since like, 1996.

the delicious irony is that clinton may get the nomination the same way bush won the presidency vs. gore. (popular vote larger than actual votes)

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She is fucking INSANE and can go to bloody HELL!!!!!

Last edited:

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, that isn't a joke. Many people feel this way. Instead of laughing at them, you may want to try and really understand why they're so angry. It's not as if Obama's lead in any poll, delegate count or popular vote count is staggering high. A LOT of people feel this way, even going into the final primaries. It's not a laughing matter.

I don't feel the need to understand them. Why do you think they draw the attention of cameras? So someone will hear their plight? This woman was thrown out of the meeting and then continued to "G**DAMN the DNC" and what not.

What is there to understand? That they are irrational and disturbed?

This is exactly why this needs to end now. The focus needs to shift to the general now, rather than later. The non-believers need time to get to know Obama over the next 4 months.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media

So when GWB wins the electoral vote but not the popular vote, it's worth protesting his presidency. But when Hillary is losing both the popular and the delegate vote, it's okay to further delay the appointment of a party leader and give her the title, because she's only down by less than 1% in the popular vote.
You're absolutely right, it's not a laughing matter. It's stupid, especially when you consider that the people most adamantly protesting GWB's appointment to the presidency are the same people pushing for HRC to get the nomination.

D_somebodyswatchingme

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some women are just too emotional. She's needs to blame her candidate for dropping the ball. Women scorned are the worst people by far. They'll fuck this country up out of bitterness.

sad state we're in(Democrats) :frown1:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Neither one of you are looking at the bigger picture.
Regardless if Obama is winning every poll or every vote tally that you choose to follow, the margin of victory is VERY slim. This isn't some blowout victory where Obama is in the lead by a comfortable 10-20%. It's barely 1-2%. If enough of these so-called "irrational people" decide not to vote or go for McCain, then Obama loses.

We sometimes act as if the Primary is the major contest, not even realizing that the biggest challenge is yet to come. It is possible for Clinton to have the popular vote by a slim margin come after the final primary. And we all know how it feels to have the popular vote and still lose an election. If you want Obama to win, you'll stop trying to find every little reason to poke fun or ridicule those that support Hillary. For you're going to need their votes come November. He can't do it with just 48% of the Democratic party behind him.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Regardless if Obama is winning every poll or every vote tally that you choose to follow, the margin of victory is VERY slim. This isn't some blowout victory where Obama is in the lead by a comfortable 10-20%. It's barely 1-2%. If enough of these so-called "irrational people" decide not to vote or go for McCain, then Obama loses.

We sometimes act as if the Primary is the major contest, not even realizing that the biggest challenge is yet to come. It is possible for Clinton to have the popular vote by a slim margin come after the final primary. And we all know how it feels to have the popular vote and still lose an election. If you want Obama to win, you'll stop trying to find every little reason to poke fun or ridicule those that support Hillary. For you're going to need their votes come November. He can't do it with just 48% of the Democratic party behind him.

That's very good, and I think it's also important that matters of 'popular vote' in the Democratic campaign are just more of the things candidates slugging out are going to focus on, given that they're serious pieces of material. I don't get too excited over the new developments and am not very emotional about either Clinton or Obama (and don't like McCain, but don't think he's low like Bush either), but I do think the 2000 election is the most horrible thing ever to happen: I don't for a minute think Al Gore would have ignored the intelligence about Al Qaida, and I think 9/11 would very likely have been prevented. Anybody can see the difference between a serious person like Al Gore and a slacker like the brush-clearer of Crawford.

The only satisfaction from the 2000 disaster is that the evil fuckhead Rhenquist kicked the bucket, and was unable to enjoy the Iraq War along with Rumsfeld and Cheney.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
What, and Hillary can?
Hate to break it to you (okay, actually I don't), but it's the responsibility of the HRC supporters to put aside their bitterness and get behind Obama, rather than voting for McCain or not at all out of spite. It is not, as you seem to believe, the duty of the Obama Democrats to coax the Clinton Democrats into continuing to support their party. You're responsible for your own vote, and for you to hide behind these intra-party rallies and protests, demanding that someone change your mind for you, is painfully immature. So the question is, which would you people rather have happen in an Obama vs. McCain general election: vote for Obama, and work towards change for the better, or vote for McCain out of spite, and end up with 4 more years of the same shit, thus making your prediction self-fulfilling?

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What, and Hillary can?
Hate to break it to you (okay, actually I don't), but it's the responsibility of the HRC supporters to put aside their bitterness and get behind Obama, rather than voting for McCain or not at all out of spite. It is not, as you seem to believe, the duty of the Obama Democrats to coax the Clinton Democrats into continuing to support their party. You're responsible for your own vote, and for you to hide behind these intra-party rallies and protests, demanding that someone change your mind for you, is painfully immature. So the question is, which would you people rather have happen in an Obama vs. McCain general election: vote for Obama, and work towards change for the better, or vote for McCain out of spite, and end up with 4 more years of the same shit, thus making your prediction self-fulfilling?

I'm not voting for McCain, I didn't think most of the people who are not big Obama fans said they were either. I don't have to like Obama and I don't especially. There are others who don't like him for a slightly different reason--they prefer Rev. Wright and Al Sharpton...oh well, that's a scene, I guess.

It doesn't matter who people say should be 'dutiful'. Obama could swing it to total victory if he'd broker the VP for Hillary. Most Obama fans would rather take the chance that he can win without her, even though he'd definitely win with her, and the ones threatening to vote for McCain wouldn't. McCain is not a good candidate, but I still maintain he is not the characterless man that Bush is. Of course, Carter was a great man, but not a good president.

I think I'll write in Al Sharpton. He went to talk to the LA county sheriff last summer about Paris Hilton's brief release from jail, citing racial favouritim, the fucking idiot pig.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What, and Hillary can?
Hate to break it to you (okay, actually I don't), but it's the responsibility of the HRC supporters to put aside their bitterness and get behind Obama, rather than voting for McCain or not at all out of spite.

And I argued with many people on this board that would vote McCain if Hillary somehow won the nomination. This isn't just a one-sided debate here.

It is not, as you seem to believe, the duty of the Obama Democrats to coax the Clinton Democrats into continuing to support their party.

But that needs to happen if he's going to win. The reason why Republicans win is because they rally behind the candidate who represents them on the final vote. They somehow convince people who voted otherwise to support the one in the spotlight. It doesn't seem as if many Obama supporters on this board care about that, and it'll lead to a loss if it continues.

You're responsible for your own vote, and for you to hide behind these intra-party rallies and protests, demanding that someone change your mind for you, is painfully immature. So the question is, which would you people rather have happen in an Obama vs. McCain general election: vote for Obama, and work towards change for the better, or vote for McCain out of spite, and end up with 4 more years of the same shit, thus making your prediction self-fulfilling?

Well, there are people on this board who are voting for Obama just because they think Hillary is a "cunt". Again, the argument works both ways. Obama supporters just think they're more in the right because their candidate is in the lead. But it's the same drama from both angles, and it needs to stop.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
But that needs to happen if he's going to win. The reason why Republicans win is because they rally behind the candidate who represents them on the final vote. They somehow convince people who voted otherwise to support the one in the spotlight. It doesn't seem as if many Obama supporters on this board care about that, and it'll lead to a loss if it continues.

Absolutely. And the best critiques of the Democratic Party point out this unfortunate tactical and strategic superiority of the Republicans. Maureen Dowd had to admit it over and over in the last 6 disgraceful years, and it's why we still don't know the fuck if Karl Fucking Rove will get out of having to testify before the House or not--another fucking piece of walking pigshit.

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

This is the key point, and it is one that many Obama supporters don't understanding. Rubbing the noses of HRC supporters in Obama's nomination does nothing except demonstrate adolescent gloating. What the Obama supporters don't seem to understand is that by HRC coming in a close second, she and her supporters hold the balance of power in the party. We know Obama primary voters (the vast bulk of them anyhow) are going to vote Obama in November. The same can't be said of HRC supporters -- give me a good reason why I should come over to your side. Picking HRC as the Veep would be a good reason to me.

That all said, I won't be voting McCain in the fall. The real question is whether Obama gets one more vote (in a swing state!), or if that vote goes to a 3rd party.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is the key point, and it is one that many Obama supporters don't understanding. Rubbing the noses of HRC supporters in Obama's nomination does nothing except demonstrate adolescent gloating. What the Obama supporters don't seem to understand is that by HRC coming in a close second, she and her supporters hold the balance of power in the party. We know Obama primary voters (the vast bulk of them anyhow) are going to vote Obama in November. The same can't be said of HRC supporters -- give me a good reason why I should come over to your side. Picking HRC as the Veep would be a good reason to me.

That all said, I won't be voting McCain in the fall. The real question is whether Obama gets one more vote (in a swing state!), or if that vote goes to a 3rd party.
a vote for a 3rd party by a democrat is a "default" vote for mcCain...(I'll also add that I have been abused as an Obama supporter, I've been called a member of a cult, zombie, obamabot and much worse..I've been accused of not understanding the issues, and being a misogynist......there are fences to mend on BOTH sides of the clinton/Obama campaign supporters)

Last edited: